Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

14 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

His club has never accepted that they were Juniors, and they couldn't wait to leave the Association that gave them a lifeline.

Ah yes. Because a well known club name from senior football with a decent sized following held no attraction to the Junior grade at all.

If the Juniors had told Clydebank to sling their hook they would have continued in some form. Either in the ammies, South of Scotland or East of Scotland. Don't pretend this was a charitable act by the Juniors to help a club in their time of need. The Juniors got something out of this as well.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Has anyone seen this guarantee or are we just to take Gordon Ronney’s word? And if such a guarantee exists why go to bother of going through the application process? Fact is most of the Junior clubs already meet most of the requirements and anything they’re short on can be dealt with by derogation. So it isn’t that much of a stretch to predict that all the WRJs will be accepted.

Here's what happened (direct from a trusted source)

Ronney goes into the negotiations, slams his first of the table, and says "Good afternoon gentleman. Every WRJ team must be accepted. It's all in or none in! We wont budge on this demand."

The evil pyramid hordes amassed at the other end of the boardroom go into a huddle
"We were gonna do that anyway weren't we?"
"Aye. I mean Muirkirk need to sort their toilets out I suppose but we'll give them time and help to do that."
"Right. Let's pretend we're allowing this on his terms and that'll make him feel better"

"You drive a hard bargain Mr Ronney but we agree to your terms."

(apologies for spamming repeated replies without the multi quote function. It doesn't work on ma work computer for some reason)

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The majority of posters with these viewpoints don't actually care about football, in their heads it's a battle to win an invented war which exists on the internet.

As if by magic....

16 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

He’s on here claiming Gordon Ronney is some sort of hero and without him WRJs would not get accepted into the WoSL. He’s claiming the LL only wanted 12 teams (cherry picking) and when I pressed him it turns out he meant the minimum number required was 12. I’m not looking for digs but I’m not going to stand by whilst others spin this into something to suit their own ends. Gordon Ronney and the WRJs dropped their trousers and conceded everything to the LL. No amount of spin is going to change that.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Has anyone seen this guarantee or are we just to take Gordon Ronney’s word? And if such a guarantee exists why go to bother of going through the application process? Fact is most of the Junior clubs already meet most of the requirements and anything they’re short on can be dealt with by derogation. So it isn’t that much of a stretch to predict that all the WRJs will be accepted.

21 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't know if there's prize money, but they SJFA does guarantee of £5,000 for the semi finals and £12,000 for the finalists.

image.png.8911514af096701b966f09b39586b0ca.png

There's no prize money - if there was a 10,000 crowd at the final the SJFA would not be spending a penny. I remember an article in the Largs Thistle programme after their Junior Cup win in 1994 both Largs and Glenafton were fined £1,500 for the two players sent off on each side. Newspaper articles said that the SJFA held back the sponsors money from going to the clubs. Largs were pointing out that they were never receiving the sponsors money anyway as the £8K guarantee at that time would have been covered by the nearly 9K crowd after expenses were deducted.

I think it was £3K guarantee for the semi finals back then so this was covered by the 6,300 crowd at Somerset.

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Nothing until the quarters I believe? But, with most of the East Region big hitters gone and at least a handful of West Region teams not entering, for the remaining clubs they may see it as attainable with a kind draw.

Having done a search. It doesn't look like there is prize money. Just the £5,000 Semi finalist guarantee and £12,000 finalist guarantee.

On 28/03/2018 at 16:23, cmontheloknow said:

Just some clarification on finances:

Junior Cup finalists now receive £12,000 each, with semi finalists getting £5000 each. No prize money for anyone else.

He’s on here claiming Gordon Ronney is some sort of hero and without him WRJs would not get accepted into the WoSL. He’s claiming the LL only wanted 12 teams (cherry picking) and when I pressed him it turns out he meant the minimum number required was 12. I’m not looking for digs but I’m not going to stand by whilst others spin this into something to suit their own ends. Gordon Ronney and the WRJs dropped their trousers and conceded everything to the LL. No amount of spin is going to change that.
LL - Want a tier 6 in the West of the country.
WRSJFA - Want a tier 6 in the West of the country.
LL - Want a minimum of 12 teams to get started but will accept more.
WRSJFA - Want all 63 WR teams in but will accept more.
LL - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL.
WRSJFA - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL. They may also retain membership of the SJFA and be able to play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they wish to do so.

Yes, it's clear that Gordon Ronney and the WRJ's dropped their pants and got shafted.

30 minutes ago, Windymillar said:

Paassbackdave has asked a simple question, try answering the question, it was asked nicely.

All your posts just seem to try to put people down and belittle them, does this make you feel like a big man?

Yeah I didnt take much other than hostility towards anyone questioning a few of the posters/demi gods. I asked what I felt weren't difficult questions and ended up a part of a conspiracy 🤷‍♂️ 

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't know if there's prize money, but they SJFA does guarantee of £5,000 for the semi finals and £12,000 for the finalists.

image.png.8911514af096701b966f09b39586b0ca.png

Are the SJFA somehow above the law? Telling the clubs what they must charge is a criminal offence under the Competition Act 1998.

34 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I asked the question nicely.
What's it to him?
His club has never accepted that they were Juniors, and they couldn't wait to leave the Association that gave them a lifeline. So they've decided to leave the Juniors? Who cares? I don't think anyone in the Juniors does. So why do they care so much about what they're leaving? Scared they've made the wrong decision?

Yes I think there’s a number of points to be addressed here that this ‘anti juniors’ rhetoric is often used as a stick to beat us with.

1. Said it on many occasions ask any fan you like, there is an appreciation to junior football for allowing the club a place to regrow. That said, it was equally beneficial to junior clubs, particularly the early years and big games we’ve always been one of the best supported sides. Seem to have missed out what the Bankies have brought to the table.

2. The club just wants to play at the highest level it can. It wants to be alongside progressive clubs. No one has forgotten how the club was treated in senior football, self preservation exists at all levels...hence why the juniors got themselves into a mess. Why lower league 2 clubs don’t want additional relegation spaces. Probably similar to the lowland league to tier 6??? 

3. Retention of membership, think like most I fail to see the need. If you wanted to stay juniors so bad why leave? Why wasn’t there a sub group formed to save the grade? We were all told the grade is in it together at option z - then dumped the east and north at the drop of a hat. At least we’ve been open and honest about the need for change since day 1 instead of pretending to care about a grade which in the end very few did. 

Why? Because it was in each clubs best interests. Like it always has been. 

29 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

LL - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL.
WRSJFA - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL. They may also retain membership of the SJFA and be able to play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they wish to do so.

Yes, it's clear that Gordon Ronney and the WRJ's dropped their pants and got shafted.

Looks like every one got what they wanted then. 

36 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

What you're missing is the WRJFA wanted themselves to be the West League at Tier 6. They've now agreed they'll be extinct from next season. Just sayin', I'm not sure that's exactly what they wanted...

Edited by Cyclizine

45 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Are the SJFA somehow above the law? Telling the clubs what they must charge is a criminal offence under the Competition Act 1998.

C’mon everyone’s known for years that they’re are a law unto themselves and make up their own rules.