Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

Considering I was the person that contacted the LL to ask how many teams they needed to get this League going in January (I’ve been talking to the LL and EoS for 2 years) and then put out our statement that got this all started, I don’t think I’ve been misled by anyone.

Ah what’s the minimum number needed to get the league started. That’s completely different from your false claim about the LL only wanting 12 clubs.

12 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

A fair few clubs never mentioned it in their statments about application to WoSL.

I think, and I may be wrong, only Buffs and Bankies have stated they will not be playing in the Junior Cup

It's a conversation to be had down the line once the new setup is in place for a lot of teams I think...they genuinely won't have decided. My personal view is that remaining part of two associations for the sake of one cup probably isn't worthwhile, certainly long term...maybe better to join the new setup wholeheartedly rather than hedge your bets and remain with a foot in both camps?

As the statements were trickling in you could gauge the level of reluctance of most of them to join the WoSL  by the language they used...some were at pains to state that they were remaining part of the SJFA and keeping playing in the SJC almost before they mentioned applying for the new league.

Others don't mention the SJFA in their statements at all which maybe is indicative of their plans or conversely maybe means nothing...

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Doesn't seem any different to the Fife Cup or Aberdeenshire Shield or whatever in that regard aside from the geographic aspect.

Can the comparing the Junior Cup to the Fife Cup be put to bed. Its basically a floodlit cup that gets randomly played during the week and often sees youth sides of clubs compete in it. The same is true of the Aberdeenshire Shield.

Qualifying Cup, kinda the Southern Counties Cup, fair enough.

image.png.2cf08a275d670b7b393044ca7d52bbc5.png

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

How does everyone feel about leaving the juniors but still retaining there place in the junior cup?

Mon the papers

I felt at the time of voting with the Irvine Meadow shareholders that there were far too many games,so I voted against taking part in the Scottish Cup,but I was one of the few,time will tell 

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Can the comparing the Junior Cup to the Fife Cup be put to bed. Its basically a floodlit cup that gets randomly played during the week and often sees youth sides of clubs compete in it. The same is true of the Aberdeenshire Shield.

At one point in time regional cups were played with 1st teams on Saturday afternoons.  That has changed through the years.  From a reasonably desired prize, to becoming midweek/pre-season but still reasonably attended and containing first team players, to one of the priority fixtures for reserve teams(that was true 15-20 years ago) and eventually to where we are with the games not even getting getting a place in the reserve fixture card and played ad-hoc if played at all.

That's how I think it will end up in a few years.

59 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Ah what’s the minimum number needed to get the league started. That’s completely different from your false claim about the LL only wanting 12 clubs.

That's not what he meant. He meant that the LL wanted a minimum of 12 clubs so that the league could be at least viable to run next season.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Win/win for the Junior clubs and no difference to other clubs (who, I believe, can apply for junior membership if they do wish to take part?). An extra chance at a trophy/prize money/decent crowds.

What sort of prize money does the Junior cup give?  

Imo the only reason clubs would still want to be in it would be for historical reasons.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's not what he meant. He meant that the LL wanted a minimum of 12 clubs so that the league could be at least viable to run next season.

Thats not what he said. He said Gordon Ronney was responsible for getting the LL to accept all the WRJs not just the 12 clubs. Read his previous posts Marshy.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Thats not what he said. He said Gordon Ronney was responsible for getting the LL to accept all the WRJs not just the 12 clubs. Read his previous posts Marshy.

He explicitly says "it wasn't known what the maximum number of clubs would be". You're looking for digs that aren't there.

20 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Imo the only reason clubs would still want to be in it would be for historical reasons.

Don't know if there's prize money, but they SJFA does guarantee of £5,000 for the semi finals and £12,000 for the finalists.

image.png.8911514af096701b966f09b39586b0ca.png

Beenz,
I've been following this forum for months as I'm interested and care about the pyramid and what happens to Scottish Football and also enjoy the banter from the majority of punters in here. I don't post a lot, but I do read nearly everything and just wanted you to know you just come across as an utter condencending twat (feel free to report me). 
Paassbackdave has asked a simple question, try answering the question, it was asked nicely.
All your posts just seem to try to put people down and belittle them, does this make you feel like a big man?
I asked the question nicely.
What's it to him?
His club has never accepted that they were Juniors, and they couldn't wait to leave the Association that gave them a lifeline. So they've decided to leave the Juniors? Who cares? I don't think anyone in the Juniors does. So why do they care so much about what they're leaving? Scared they've made the wrong decision?

So they've decided to leave the Juniors? Who cares? I don't think anyone in the Juniors does.

That's because the juniors are finished in the West. Remember ? The clubs were all told by the West Region SJFA that they should join the new senior league, so they all did exactly that.

28 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Nothing until the quarters I believe? But, with most of the East Region big hitters gone and at least a handful of West Region teams not entering, for the remaining clubs they may see it as attainable with a kind draw.

I still think many in the Junior are hoping it will become the national non-league cup and it's enough of a carrot for non-Junior clubs to gain membership to compete in it. I don't think that's a go-er myself but I don't see the harm in them chancing their arm at it. If the history/prestige of the cup is all they claim it to be then it should attract better sponsors and prize money than the SCC (or a potential new all in national trophy at that level) and that may be enough to entice clubs toward it. Time will tell but I have my doubts.

29 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I got the impression he meant that, without his help, the LL would be able to knock back WRJ clubs into the new league (not that they would from what I can see) but he got a guarantee that none would be rejected. I didn't think he meant Ronney forced the LL to expand the number they would accept. I don't think that was ever limited.

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He explicitly says "it wasn't known what the maximum number of clubs would be". You're looking for digs that aren't there.

He’s on here claiming Gordon Ronney is some sort of hero and without him WRJs would not get accepted into the WoSL. He’s claiming the LL only wanted 12 teams (cherry picking) and when I pressed him it turns out he meant the minimum number required was 12. I’m not looking for digs but I’m not going to stand by whilst others spin this into something to suit their own ends. Gordon Ronney and the WRJs dropped their trousers and conceded everything to the LL. No amount of spin is going to change that.

6 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

What's it to him?
His club has never accepted that they were Juniors, and they couldn't wait to leave the Association that gave them a lifeline. So they've decided to leave the Juniors? Who cares? I don't think anyone in the Juniors does. So why do they care so much about what they're leaving? Scared they've made the wrong decision?

It's easy to talk about not taking part in the SJC on here where it fits the prevailing group think. Think club committee members need to remember that they will eventually have to explain to players and coaches why they are steering clear and that could be awkward if there is no alternative provided.

15 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

What's it to him?

Irrelevent, he asked a question to everybody (those leaving the juniors), which required a simple answer.

Other people do care and might want to answer his question, you too could have wrote something nice and answered it as a mature adult (???)

Yes I agree with the fact the juniors gave them a lifeline but after what happened to them I'd want back to where I was too. 

Again it was a simple question..............................

Edited by Windymillar

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I got the impression he meant that, without his help, the LL would be able to knock back WRJ clubs into the new league (not that they would from what I can see) but he got a guarantee that none would be rejected. I didn't think he meant Ronney forced the LL to expand the number they would accept. I don't think that was ever limited.

Has anyone seen this guarantee or are we just to take Gordon Ronney’s word? And if such a guarantee exists why go to bother of going through the application process? Fact is most of the Junior clubs already meet most of the requirements and anything they’re short on can be dealt with by derogation. So it isn’t that much of a stretch to predict that all the WRJs will be accepted.