Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

50 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Having millionsof young men flooding into the country is a cause for concern no matter how you paint it. 

Quite agree with you, whereabouts exactly?

withnailandi2.jpg

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

They have a ground at Norwood playing fields at Dumbreck.

That looks like it could work from a controlled access standpoint judging from Google Maps. Puts them half way between Pollok and Benburb rather than in Giffnock though.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

What makes your opinion better than his.....nothing. the old racism bigot pish is nonsense. Having millionsof young men flooding into the country is a cause for concern no matter how you paint it. 

How the f**k are "millions" of young men flooding into the country? That's absolute pish.

29 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Really? Cultural richness?

Its football, 11 v 11. Culture matters not.

There is no football dna....its kicking a ball about a park trying to outscore an opponent.

Having visited Westfield Park and a local pub up the road in Denny centre and interacting socially, there is certainly cultural richness in the eyes of a football supporter. I was very impressed and enjoyed my visit. This is what I mean in terms of DNA rather than performance on the field on a particular weekend.

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

Certainly not weaker in terms of the strength of the top teams in the EOSFL Premier. But weaker in terms of the overall DNA of football in the East of Scotland in terms of cultural richness and diversity. 

It's not that long ago that Whitburn would have been mentioned in the same breath as Bo'ness, Lithgae, Kelty and Bonnyrigg for who would be most likely to succeed in the seniors and Bathgate, Fauldhouse and Armadale have had their moments over the years as well. More so arguably than Broxburn and definitely more so than Blackburn. Hopefully next year they start to see sense, but they messed up big time by missing out on the last year of tier 7 conferences.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

What makes your opinion better than his.....nothing. the old racism bigot pish is nonsense. Having millionsof young men flooding into the country is a cause for concern no matter how you paint it. 

Seriously mate, have a word with yourself.  Even if you're trolling for a reaction, it's pretty pathetic.

2 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Giffnock SC don’t have a ground, do they? I thought they played at St Ninian’s in Eastwood Park - it’s just a fenced off school Astro. There is some space around it to develop I suppose.

new floodlights ?

Having visited Westfield Park and a local pub up the road in Denny centre and interacting socially, there is certainly cultural richness in the eyes of a football supporter. I was very impressed and enjoyed my visit. This is what I mean in terms of DNA rather than performance on the field on a particular weekend.
My ignorance maybe doesn't extend to cultural richness. I don't care who we play, I just want to win.

Whether its a team from the east, west, north or south.....of we win it doesn't matter who it is we are playing. I'm assuming all fans are the same.

Fair play to you for trying some of the local ale shops in Denny, that takes some bravery. [emoji23]

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

Please no. I was planning on going to the Tynecastle v Shortlees Scottish Cup game a couple of years ago so I had a look at their Twitter. It was choked with full-on racism, and their Facebook was (and still is) skulls, guns, alcohol and terrible grammar. My experience of them at the game matched that pretty well. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.56.03.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.55.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.57.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.53.39.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.55.34.png

Just had a look at their twitter account, the guy running it is a far right nut job.

Just now, G4Mac said:

My ignorance maybe doesn't extend to cultural richness. I don't care who we play, I just want to win.

Whether its a team from the east, west, north or south.....of we win it doesn't matter who it is we are playing. I'm assuming all fans are the same.

Fair play to you for trying some of the local ale shops in Denny, that takes some bravery. emoji23.png

My views probably do not follow the norm. I love visiting different grounds and appreciating a club’s infrastructure, setting, integration and importance to their local community. The position taken by the West Lothian clubs is very sad as they are all part of our “football family” but their position has to be respected.

18 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's not that long ago that Whitburn would have been mentioned in the same breath as Bo'ness, Lithgae, Kelty and Bonnyrigg for who would be most likely to succeed in the seniors and Bathgate, Fauldhouse and Armadale have had their moments over the years as well. More so arguably than Broxburn and definitely more so than Blackburn. Hopefully next year they start to see sense, but they messed up big time by missing out on the last year of tier 7 conferences.

18 years is quite a bit of time ago now.. Since skipping the Super League they've just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

It'll be over 20 years before they even get back to the top league in the East.

15 hours ago, GordonS said:

Please no. I was planning on going to the Tynecastle v Shortlees Scottish Cup game a couple of years ago so I had a look at their Twitter. It was choked with full-on racism, and their Facebook was (and still is) skulls, guns, alcohol and terrible grammar. My experience of them at the game matched that pretty well. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.56.03.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.55.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.57.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.53.39.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 01.55.34.png

Looks like the same loon runs their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/ShortleesAmateurs/

Right all, apologies if already covered but...

Sorry been busy working long shifts so missed everything since 7th
I take it all west region teams applied to the WOS and who are the other applications or how many in total.

Next timeframe:    What is the next procedure. it is a certain date that the applications will be approved  ?and when is the announcement expected of how the league will work  ?  and whose in what division after the applications are sorted ?

Just murder looking back to find the information so a quick recap would be fantastic

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

mIlLiOnS oF yOuNg MeN

I have kenny131 on ignore, so I only saw his comment because of your reply.

Always good to be reminded of why you blocked someone in the first place.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I have kenny131 on ignore, so I only saw his comment because of your reply.

Always good to be reminded of why you blocked someone in the first place.

To be fair to him, he managed to get everyone on here to agree that he is a racist idiot. Not many people manage to get all the people on this thread to agree on something so that's quite an achievement.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Guess what, I'm not apologising for moving to Scotland, filling a job using skills that the company couldn't find locally (they tried!), contributing to the economy and paying my taxes. And btw, there are plenty of Scottish people working in/near my home city of Rotterdam doing the same the other way around (mainly in the ports over there).

Thankfully the vast majority of people here in Scotland have been very welcoming to me so the odd racist moron like Kenny doesn't change my positive experiences.

Not you, the other lot.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Guess what, I'm not apologising for moving to Scotland, filling a job using skills that the company couldn't find locally (they tried!), contributing to the economy and paying my taxes. And btw, there are plenty of Scottish people working in/near my home city of Rotterdam doing the same the other way around (mainly in the ports over there).

Thankfully the vast majority of people here in Scotland have been very welcoming to me so the odd racist moron like Kenny doesn't change my positive experiences.

You're not who they mean though - you're from Western Europe and not obviously Muslim. You're a "good" foreigner.

Racism seems particularly weird at a time when a disproportionate number of those "millions of young men" are working in hospitals, exposing themselves to a potentially fatal virus while they try to save our lives, or are working in retail, food supply or transport.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You're not who they mean though - you're from Western Europe and not obviously Muslim. You're a "good" foreigner.

Racism seems particularly weird at a time when a disproportionate number of those "millions of young men" are working in hospitals, exposing themselves to a potentially fatal virus while they try to save our lives, or are working in retail, food supply or transport.

I've had these discussions before (mainly when I lived south of the border, especially early 2016) with people moaning about "all those foreigners coming in". So I asked them "oh, so you want me to leave?" and then they say "no, you're fine, you're working for your money". Then I replied saying "so do the vast majority of Eastern European, Middle Eastern, South Asian etc. immigrants". Usually I didn't get a response to that.