Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just a complete poke in the dark. Maybe Strathaven Dynamo?

Building a new ground in collaboration with the rugby club.

Just seen FairWeatherFan beat me to it.

Edited by Dev
up-date

25 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

All of which sort of makes me wonder "Why all the secrecy?"  The EoSL applications were made over a week ago, and all the WoSL ones are in.  What is there to be gained by either organisation playing Secrets?   Just publish the names, then move on to the next stage.

Probably to save any embarrasment to any applicants who are not accepted. Or indeed to avoid identifying any of the 63 who haven't applied.

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

Probably to save any embarrasment to any applicants who are not accepted. Or indeed to avoid identifying any of the 63 who haven't applied.

they have all applied. Social distancing is all well and good but playing with yourself for ever?

4 minutes ago, Dev said:

Just a complete poke in the dark. Maybe Strathaven Dynamo?

Building a new ground in collaboration with the rugby club.

Just seen FairWeatherFan beat me to it.

Might of named them first, but no real thought into it like you did. Looking at the Quality Mark scheme, especially the higher tiers tends to find familiar names that have entered senior age sides over the years.

Ok. I understand that nothing could be completely sorted until after the deadline but surely the structure was rubber stamped.
Also, the idea of getting clubs together to decide what the set up should be (as suggested by Marten) gives me the fear.
The idea of a collective agreed approach from all clubs, rather than a decision taken by 1 or a few power hungry men probably gives a lot of junior folks the fear.

Welcome to the 21st Century

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Looks at the SFA Quality Mark scheme and guesses Giffnock SC and Strathaven Dynamos.

For those who also want to see amateur leagues slotting into the Pyramid, the SFA quality mark scheme is starting to look like a ready made pathway process to bridge the amateur game into the senior game. So a good shout looking there for possible names. 

On 07/04/2020 at 12:53, LongTimeLurker said:

The only obvious outlier in that map is Nithsdale Wanderers not being in the WoS.

Geographically closer to some Ayrhshire teams, but still in D&G and nowhere near Yoker, Clydebank, Vale of Leven etc etc.

3 minutes ago, morley said:

For those who also want to see amateur leagues slotting into the Pyramid, the SFA quality mark scheme is starting to look like a ready made pathway process to bridge the amateur game into the senior game. So a good shout looking there for possible names. 

You'll probably see a mix of things happen. The youth clubs creating their won teams or taking their amateurs in to the pyramid. But also just hooking up with existing clubs.