Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

I heard an East Region from West Lothian team was meant to have applied for the EOSFL. I couldn’t face scrolling the past few pages to check. Any substance to this?

There are 9 new applications from what I understand, with 8 clubs having gone public on it. If that's the case, it remains a question who the 9th team are.

There are 9 new applications from what I understand, with 8 clubs having gone public on it. If that's the case, it remains a question who the 9th team are.

I’ve an idea who it is, but I don’t want to share it and upset the people at the club, wanting to see if it’s public knowledge or not.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

The nine applicants are meant to be Kennoway, Lochgelly, Newburgh, K&D, Rosyth, Thornton, Lochore, Luncarty and Edinburgh South. With the majority of them having made public statements to that.

3 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:
6 minutes ago, Marten said:

I’ve an idea who it is, but I don’t want to share it and upset the people at the club, wanting to see if it’s public knowledge or not.

You have the name written in a sealed enveloped in your desk drawer?    (Historical reference for the wrinklies out there)  ☺️

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

The nine applicants are meant to be Kennoway, Lochgelly, Newburgh, K&D, Rosyth, Thornton, Lochore, Luncarty and Edinburgh South. With the majority of them having made public statements to that.

All but Edinburgh South have made statements as far as I know and from what I've read in the EOS forum, Edinburgh South was just a guess by someone. Team 9 could be a WL club or Scone instead.

16 minutes ago, archieb said:

Why on earth do you find it scary?

The clubs effectively took charge of the previous WR restructuring with leading clubs setting up a working group who then took their proposals forward to a GM for possible amendment and a vote.

The SCARY bit would have been if the WR management committee had been in control!

Different POV's and interests. Unless I am wrong and everyone takes an altruistic stance.

Edited by jimbaxters

15 minutes ago, Marten said:

All but Edinburgh South have made statements as far as I know and from what I've read in the EOS forum, Edinburgh South was just a guess by someone. Team 9 could be a WL club or Scone instead.

Edinburgh South was from different people, suppoorted by other saying an amateur applied. Not another junior club.

EDIT: Lowland Team was the first to mention Edinburgh South on here, and seems to be someone in the know. Then on Saturday Burnieman said who all 9 applicants were and Eyemouth stating their intention to return.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

31 minutes ago, Marten said:

Personally, I think your idea is a decent one, first form a tier 6, the next season form conferences at tier 7 and then create one tier 7 etc. It should obviously be up to the clubs to decide, but I think the wish is to only have conferences for 1 season. Downside to that is that if leagues are close, 1 win could be the difference between (for example) tier 6 or tier 8...

Whilst I agree in principle, I think there is enough teams applied to have next season a Premier Lge at tier 6, Division 1 at tier7 and the rest of the conferences at Tier 8.  Actually I would keep the Conferences at tier 8 ad infinitum as I would do in the EOS.  I think it gives more flexibility going forward.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

68 West of Scotland League applications received and the next steps

In line with the previous statements this is the latest information regarding the new West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) proposed by the Scottish Lowland Football League (SLFL) , East of Scotland Football League (EoSFL)  and  the South of Scotland Football League (SoSFL) .

By close of business on Tuesday April 7th 2020, 68 applications have been received from various areas of football. Those applications are now being reviewed and a further statement will be made early next week. The review is to ensure the information provided is complete and to ask Clubs for any further information where necessary.

The original next step was to invite the Clubs whose application has been accepted to an information meeting during April. That will not be possible due to current restrictions in place. The new plan is to hold a series of video conferencing meetings to discuss the possible set up of the League and arrangements for temporary management and administration. At the same time discussions will take place on the process and timetable for the creation of a WoSFL Board and administration.

Further information on the video conferences will be provided in the statement early next week and these will be arranged as soon as possible, certainly before the end of April.

Issued:

George Fraser (Chairperson SLFL), John Greenhorn (Chairperson EoSFL), Colin Holden (President SoSFL)

13 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

68 applications - that'll get people thinking.

OK! Let's get the speculation  going!

? Two from West Lothian. Just a stab in the dark.

Maybe Oban Saints, Strathclyde University, Third Lanark.

Who else has been guessed at?

Maybe another Youth club like Bonnyton/Rossvale/Glencairn ?

Maybe South of Scotland clubs?

Maybe Reserves e.g. Caledonian Braves, OF, etc

Whoever it turns out to be it will be interesting to find out in due course.

The other thing is maybe these unexpected applicants cannot be accepted e.g. if they fail to match the criteria.

Edited by Dev

It's most likely to be a couple of amateur applicants - could be anything from a serious application from some fairly big club down to some jokers chancing their arm as happened a couple of times with the EoS. The other obvious possibilities are a West Lothian club having a go at it or someone else from the SoS deciding to jump across, both of which seem unlikely. Even less likely would be an EoS team (eg Dunipace) deciding to jump across.

1 minute ago, Dev said:

Obviously, once the number of clubs to be accepted is sorted out that would be the time to plan the number of divisions and the size of each division.

Before that time we can speculate - and why not?

I wasn't referring to you guys making it up, you've done it for 30000+ posts after all. No, I mean the league officials having a plan in place.

Folk said the same thing about the EoS a couple of years back when most of the Juniors moved across, as though they were expected to magically plan for every single possible solution when they didn't know how many clubs (or which clubs) were going to apply.