Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Let me say this.am absolutely delighted all the clubs decided to apply.its not about the first season its about the long term future for these clubs.no registration fees.players not being fined.no restrictions on squad numbers.20s league which allows you to use them with your 1st team.1st team players can play in the 20s coming back from injury.do except there might be some teething points but they can be over come.all the clubs get to vote on all matters which affects the league's.exciting times a head.l sincerely hope they go in with a open mind. Well done and good luck to you all.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

Spoilsport.

Now I've no reason to get up out my bed tomorrow.

That statement was going to be the highlight of my day.

He might not be quite right you know. Go on get up anyway and find out for yourself. 

8 hours ago, edinabear said:

Would have thought Third lanark would have made an application. Still a bit disappointed not more amateurs applied 

Might be doubts version four or is it five of Third Lanark might not be a thing anymore. Think a couple of the backroom staff moved to the Jimmy Johnstone Academy.

Good question.
Can't say I'm 100% accurate but of the projected 66 clubs, i.e. 63 west juniors plus Bonnyton Thistle, Glasgow Uni, and Drumchapel United, then it's around 20 of 66, approximately 30%.
The West juniors are Ardrossan, Ashfield, Benburb, Carluke, Clydebank, Cumnock, Gartcairn, Greenock, Maryhill, Neilston, Petershill, Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Rossvale, Rutherglen, Shotts, Whitletts and Yoker.  Not sure if I've missed anyone.
Bonnyton Thistle and Glasgow Uni also have floodlights.  I can't speak for Drumchapel United, so am happy to be advised from elsewhere.
There are other clubs without lights who are pursuing a club license - off top of my head Talbot, Meadow and St Rochs - so presumably lights will be installed at those grounds, and no doubt many others over the not-too-distant future.

Yes we will have flood lights (Drum United) for the season ahead [emoji106]

19 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

South of Scotland League grew out of the Southern Counties League (which was initially formed by Dumfries & Galloway FA members.) Name was changed to SoS League after WW2 to allow for the reserves of Killie and Ayr as they were not Southern Counties FA members.  Why Kello never played Southern Counties League football I know not. Were they in a Junior league in Dumfriesshire (which did exist) prior to joining the South Ayrshire League in 1921?

Edit: answering myself, they were.

https://www.oocities.org/br1anmccoll/dumfriesjuniorfootball.htm

Interesting to see the league's make-up when Kello last committed to Junior football in their own region (and lasted 2 seasons before going north at end of 1920-21):

My late father was centre half for Lockerbie  Athletic  1948 -1950.

8 hours ago, edinabear said:

Is this a hint or are you just stirring things!? 

Stir things Moi? Merely suggesting he might be right or he might be wrong. We'll know for certain when an official statement is made. Changing the subject slightly massive thanks to Dev and all the guys who've contributed to this thread of late. A fair bit of effort from these guys in keeping us all informed as things have developed. I for one appreciate it. Thank you.

10 hours ago, edinabear said:

Would have thought Third lanark would have made an application. Still a bit disappointed not more amateurs applied 

Third Lanark were never on the cards IMO. Their self-styled superfan has been making grandiose announcements in the press every couple of years about their plans to come back for about the last decade, but nothing ever seems to happen. The biggest stumbling blocks are the facts that the fanbase they had has either died off or dispersed to other clubs, and that there seems to be some insistence about playing at Cathkin again, a venue which is now completely unenclosed and unsuited to anything but the most basic level of football...I caught a Saturday morning ammy game there earlier this season and that's about all it's up to hosting...while it's still an atmospheric place to watch a game, it's a ruin.

So the emerging 66 club WoSFL looks set to have 4 conferences  of 16 or 17 clubs for the 2020/21 season. What next?

Do we go back to 4 linear divisions from Tier 6 to Tier 9 (which would format as 16-16-16-18) for 2021/22? Or do we split Tier 8 into North and South and jettison Tier 9 (which would format as 16-16-17/17)? My preference would be the latter as it would generate more local games at Tier 8 and offer a better route for progression.

6 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

So the emerging 66 club WoSFL looks set to have 4 conferences  of 16 or 17 clubs for the 2020/21 season. What next?

Do we go back to 4 linear divisions from Tier 6 to Tier 9 (which would format as 16-16-16-18) for 2021/22? Or do we split Tier 8 into North and South and jettison Tier 9 (which would format as 16-16-17/17)? My preference would be the latter as it would generate more local games at Tier 8 and offer a better route for progression.

Has that not been decided yet?

5 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

This is where you might see some competing voices in the membership. Some might prefer 16-16-16-18, others the thought of regionalisation at the bottom, few will be thinking about a new set of applicants that may try for 2021.

I imagine it will be resolved relatively early so that everyone knows what they are playing for 16-16-16-18 or 16-16-regionalisation. To avoid the issue that the EoSFL had this year.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Has that not been decided yet?

The deadline for applications has just passed. It couldn't really be decided until now.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Also, genuine question, what happened to Burnieman? Is he ok?

I think he got locked out of his Burnieman account. He had to create a new one as @BMan

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

I think once all the clubs are finalised, they will discuss and decide on the structure themselves.

Surely there must have been a plan in place. It can't keep getting made up as it goes along.

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Surely there must have been a plan in place. It can't keep getting made up as it goes along.

To paraphrase Orwell, if you want a picture of the future of the WOSL, imagine this ^^^^ forever.