Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Everyone discussing how the new WoSFL can or can’t accommodate SJC ties - if the East Region clubs who are moving into EoSFL next season retain SJFA membership, will the EOSFL be able to accommodate the SJC ties?

Asking for a friend 😋

4 minutes ago, Navybankie said:

Everyone discussing how the new WoSFL can or can’t accommodate SJC ties - if the East Region clubs who are moving into EoSFL next season retain SJFA membership, will the EOSFL be able to accommodate the SJC ties?

Asking for a friend 😋

Who says they'll be allowed to keep the SJFA membership in the EoSFL? Pretty much all of them declared or applied prior to any agreement made for the WoSFL.

The EoSFL also has existing competitions. There will be the expectation of playing in the SCC, Qualifying Cup, League Cup, Alex Jack Cup and King Cup. That doesn't leave much room for anything else.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

49 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't know what the relationship is like betwen club, ground and speedway obviously. Now with access to licencing Ashfield club wise have a vested interest to look into that issue.

Given the stadium owners also own the speedway club and have invested heavily in that side (still losing upwards of £250k per year) then I doubt there is any chance of the pitch being widened to hamper the speedway side of things.  Do the floodlights at Ashfield even point onto the pitch? The lights look purely for racing purposes at the moment.

Just now, Navybankie said:

The SJFA rule changes will be available for all clubs, not just West Region / WOSFL

The WoSFL is starting with a blank slate. The EoSFL is not. The clubs are going to have to pass a vote of the EoSFL membership, not a management committee. When that vote happens its going to be before any changes to the SJFA are agreed, confirmed and determined how it will look like.

The EoSFL also has tends to have its agm before the SJFA has its agm. Thats when all the EOS cup draws happen. So I don't see how they can get away with "Aye, we want to join the league, but hold on all those cups just in case".

2 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Given the stadium owners also own the speedway club and have invested heavily in that side (still losing upwards of £250k per year) then I doubt there is any chance of the pitch being widened to hamper the speedway side of things.  Do the floodlights at Ashfield even point onto the pitch? The lights look purely for racing purposes at the moment.

Which is why I said Ashfield would look into. Its not like they're the only ground with speedway. Its possible there's a compromise that could be reached.

Ardrossan Winton Rovers are the 60th club known to have gone public. Has anyone spotted an announcement from the remaining six Juniors?

Yoker Athletic was expected to say something before the dead-line.

60 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying:

(** means Subject to Verification)      
Premiership (16) Championship (16) League One (16) League Two (9) Others (3)
Auchinleck Talbot Arthurlie Ardrossan Winton Rovers Ashfield Bonnyton Thistle  
Beith Juniors Blantyre Victoria Bellshill Athletic Forth Wanderers Drumchapel Utd PYM
Benburb Cambuslang Rangers Carluke Rovers Johnstone Burgh Glasgow University
Clydebank Craigmark Burntonians East Kilbride Thistle Lugar Boswell Thistle **  
Cumnock Juniors Cumbernauld United Girvan Muirkirk Juniors  
Glenafton Athletic Dalry Thistle Glasgow Perthshire Newmains United  
Hurlford United ** Darvel Greenock Juniors St Anthony's  
Irvine Meadow XI Gartcairn Juniors Kello Rovers Vale of Clyde  
Kilbirnie Ladeside Irvine Victoria Lanark United Vale of Leven  
Kilwinning Rangers Kilsyth Rangers Larkhall Thistle    
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Neilston Juniors Lesmahagow Juniors    
Largs Thistle Petershill Maryhill    
Pollok Renfrew Port Glasgow Juniors    
Rossvale Shotts Bon Accord Royal Albert    
Rutherglen Glencairn St Roch's Shettleston    
Troon Whitletts Victoria Wishaw Juniors    

(6) Not known to have applied so far:      
Premiership (0) Championship (0) League One (0) League Two (6) Others (0)
      Annbank United  
      Ardeer Thistle  
      Maybole Juniors   
      Saltcoats Victoria  
      Thorniewood United  
      Yoker Athletic  
Edited by Dev

2 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Not wanting to question your neutrality. Its interesting you highlight my response rather than the original post. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

But you are. 

What's your thoughts on being called an illiterate moron and balloon then after I asked what was a genuine question ? 

Is that what these pages have come to ?

Posters and comments like that should be questioned by the moderators.

Theres exciting times ahead in non league fitba especially now the West are coming on board but just no need for abusive comments. 

Now let's get back on the topic and talk football again if we can. 

I've barely read the post - is it about the South of Scotland League - its that term I cannot abide. I make no apology for it - no matter who says it.

One other cretin using it doesn't make it OK.

Edited by Sunrise

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't know what the relationship is like betwen club, ground and speedway obviously. Now with access to licencing Ashfield club wise have a vested interest to look into that issue.

I belive the speedway own the ground now. Think the owners may have invested in Ashfield but not certain. 

Guest Moomintroll
I've barely read the post - is it about the South of Scotland League - its that term I cannot abide. I make no apology for it - no matter who says it.
Are you for real?

7 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Aye okay mate. Your clearly eager to be offended.  If my use of the word moron has offended you then i apologise. The whole purpose of the post was to chastise a poster from abusing someone else. Your response is fooling no one though. 

Curious to know why your even on here if you dont know what the thread is about and have no interest in reading any of the other posts. Oh and by the way theres only one cretin on here and it ain't me. 😘

17 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
31 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Are you for real?

I'm disabled so... it's not a term I have a lot of time for. I've only had it said to me plenty of times.

15 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Aye okay mate. Your clearly eager to be offended.  If my use of the word moron has offended you then i apologise. The whole purpose of the post was to chastise a poster from abusing someone else. Your response is fooling no one though. 

Curious to know why your even on here if you dont know what the thread is about and have no interest in reading any of the other posts. Oh and by the way theres only one cretin on here and it ain't me. 😘

Eh? 

I've written plenty on this thread.

Guest Moomintroll
I'm disabled so... it's not a term I have a lot of time for. I've only had it said to me plenty of times.

You do realise the words as insults are virtually interchangable & that cretinism is also a recognised medical issue? Not a fan of either tbh but don't come on here on your moral high horse, fail to look into exactly who said what when, then use an equally insulting term in virtually your next post.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

You do realise the words as insults are virtually interchangable & that cretinism is also a recognised medical issue? Not a fan of either tbh but don't come on here on your moral high horse, fail to look into exactly who said what when, then use an equally insulting term in virtually your next post.

Forgive me, it's been a shit time. I didn't intend that.

I'd appreciate if we can move on. I'm happy to do so.

Edited by Sunrise

Guest Moomintroll
Forgive me, it's been a shit time. I didn't intend that.
I'd appreciate if we can move on. I'm happy to do so.
Yeah, no worries, happens to us all.