Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Not getting involved with the actual argument but can we nae use that ableist term?

Not wanting to question your neutrality. Its interesting you highlight my response rather than the original post. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Genuine question here. How many WoSL clubs are actually licenced and are they all top sides? (Likely to win the league) I know Talbot are obviously. 

I think only Girvan and Glasgow Uni are licensed from the WoSL.

Just now, Bundesliga Boy said:

I think only Girvan and Glasgow Uni are licensed from the WoSL.

Really? I'd have assumed much more than that judging by the clamour to merge or remove the SoSL from tier 6 and increase the promotion/ relegation places to/from the LL.

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

Really? I'd have assumed much more than that judging by the clamour to merge or remove the SoSL from tier 6 and increase the promotion/ relegation places to/from the LL.

I'll rely on the better knowledge of one or two others to fill in any blanks.

The number will however in a all likelihood increase by a hefty amount over the next 5 years or so.  Even the next couple of years should see a number or new WoSL sides Licensed.

1 minute ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

The number will however in a all likelihood increase by a hefty amount over the next 5 years or so.  Even the next couple of years should see a number or new WoSL sides Licensed.

Im not so sure the numbers will increase as quickly as you think. The current situation is likely to take its toll. This could set clubs back for years to come.

8 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Not getting involved with the actual argument but can we nae use that ableist term?

But you are. 

What's your thoughts on being called an illiterate moron and balloon then after I asked what was a genuine question ? 

Is that what these pages have come to ?

Posters and comments like that should be questioned by the moderators.

Theres exciting times ahead in non league fitba especially now the West are coming on board but just no need for abusive comments. 

Now let's get back on the topic and talk football again if we can. 

Clubs can't be licensed (other than historical licenses) playing out with the pyramid. So none are currently licensed to sfa standard.

There will be a few new wosfl clubs who aren't far from licence criteria, the trick will be to get in there quick, as the licensing department who do the audits are a small team and will only be able to fit in so many visits before the February cut off.

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Clubs can't be licensed (other than historical licenses) playing out with the pyramid. So none are currently licensed to sfa standard.

There will be a few new wosfl clubs who aren't far from licence criteria, the trick will be to get in there quick, as the licensing department who do the audits are a small team and will only be able to fit in so many visits before the February cut off.

Also a lot of SFA staff are on furlough. So that small team is even smaller right now.

Guest Moomintroll

Blaming the wrong guy there, he was responding to an earlier insult getting thrown at a poster for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, Cameron Wilson said:

But has anyone considered that perhaps the number of clubs and / or population under each region should come into consideration when weighting promotion play off places? If the new WOS has 66 or so clubs battling for one promotion place to the LL, it doesn't really seem to follow that the SOS only has 15 teams going for one place.

In the last half century, the Highland League (population two man and a dog) has given us five new and surviving SPFL clubs.

The rest of Scotland put together has managed three  - Annan, Livingston and "Rangers". Apologies if I've missed any.

Maybe population isn't the best guide.

42 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Genuine question here. How many WoSL clubs are actually licenced and are they all top sides? (Likely to win the league) I know Talbot are obviously. 

Glasgow University are fully licenced. Girvan are licenced but have the need for floodlights.

Cumnock Juniors and Petershill have previously put in applications dating back to when it looked likely the West Region would be in for 2019-20.

Maryhill ground wise was good enough for BSC Glasgow to get licenced originally. Things have moved on since then, and there are non-ground criteria to meet obviously. So who knows where that will place them.

Former West Super/Premiership champions: Auchinleck Talbot are going to install floodlights this summer (fingers crossed). Kilwinning Rangers are on their way to sourcing/planning the things required for licencing. Irvine Meadow have started a floodlight/stand fundraising with licencing as the motivator. Pollok, Beith, Glenafton, and Hurlford all need floodlights as the big ticket item plus who knows what else.

Ardrossan, Ashfield, Benburb, Carluke, Clydebank, Gartcairn, Greenock, Neilston, Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Rossvale, Rutherglen, Shotts, Whitletts and Yoker all have floodlights. Some might need upgrading to  meet the new minimum requirements as well as other work done to their ground. Benburb (w/ Rossvale groundsharing) don't have cover as an example.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

In the last half century, the Highland League (population two man and a dog) has given us five new and surviving SPFL clubs.
The rest of Scotland put together has managed three  - Annan, Livingston and "Rangers". Apologies if I've missed any.

Livingston were a franchised continuation of Meadowbank?

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Glasgow University are fully licenced. Girvan are licenced but have the need for floodlights.

Cumnock Juniors and Petershill have previously put in applications dating back to when it looked likely the West Region would be in for 2019-20.

Maryhill ground wise was good enough for BSC Glasgow to licenced originally. Things have moved on since then, and there are non-ground criteria to meet obviously.

Former West Super/Premiership champions: Auchinleck Talbot are going to install floodlights this summer (fingers crossed). Kilwinning Rangers are on their way to sourcing/planning the things required for licencing. Irvine Meadow have started a floodlight/stand fundraising with licencing as the motivator. Pollok, Beith, Glenafton, and Hurlford all need floodlights as the big ticket item plus who knows what else.

Ardrossan, Ashfield, Benburb, Carluke, Clydebank, Gartcairn, Greenock, Neilston, Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Rossvale, Rutherglen, Shotts, Whitletts and Yoker all have floodlights. Some might need upgrading to  meet the new minimum requirements as well as other work done to their ground. Benburb (w/ Rossvale groundsharing) don't have cover as an example.

Ashfield is quite an interesting one. We had planned to play there before we went to Maryhill.  We discovered the pitch had been narrowed to accommodate the speedway and the pitch is/was too small. I would assume they’ll need to widen it again before next season.

20 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Never put any stock in population when it comes to judging the non-league side of things. All the major cities/population centres have teams in the National leagues. Which takes away fans and even talent pool benefits. Think population is meant to be Highland area 1 : 4 Lowland area. However, club wise in semi-professional ranks its just over Highland area 1 : 2 Lowland area.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Ashfield is quite an interesting one. We had planned to play there before we went to Maryhill.  We discovered the pitch had been narrowed to accommodate the speedway and the pitch is/was too small. I would assume they’ll need to widen it again before next season.

Don't know what the relationship is like betwen club, ground and speedway obviously. Now with access to licencing Ashfield club wise have a vested interest to look into that issue.