Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Where's the scaremongering? The LL, EoS and SoS all signed off on clubs being able to compete in the Junior Cup. There's a signed statement to that. Its a fact.

I'm not sure that's the case, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. From my viewpoint, the permission for clubs to be able to play in the SJC has to come from an endorsement by the SJFA clubs at an EGM or AGM. It's not something for the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL to decide, as it's outwith their jurisdiction.

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not sure that's the case, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. From my viewpoint, the permission for clubs to be able to play in the SJC has to come from an endorsement by the SJFA clubs at an EGM or AGM. It's not something for the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL to decide, as it's outwith their jurisdiction.

Which is for the SJFA to do. The ball's in their court. The pyramid leagues have set their conditions.

image.png.ed0c48805f5dc23870d9dfeb07726ce5.png

Perhaps I have a twisted sense of humour, but I'd find it rather amusing if the SJFA, the body that covers the whole of Scotland, not just the part that many people seem to think "really" matters, decides at a future E or AGM, that the splitters and traitors (c. mad people from Armadale) would no longer be eligible for the Junior Cup. 

35 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You are just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Not at all. Discussion over what the Alex Jack Cup reference meant was passed off by you as deliberate scaremongering. Rather than the genuine discussion in which it occured. Which ultimately led to Colin Boyd clarifying that it was meant as a way to reference  the creation of a possible WoSFL equivalent.

You also said that the midweek games for the SJC as a bogus reason. Yet every cup competition in the pyramid has had midweek games. With postponements and a competition with over 100+ participants

And the bit about the SJC being the WoS equivalent to the Alex Jack Cup just isn't possible. Since there are current and likely future SFA members that want to compete in the SJC.

Perhaps I have a twisted sense of humour, but I'd find it rather amusing if the SJFA, the body that covers the whole of Scotland, not just the part that many people seem to think "really" matters, decides at a future E or AGM, that the splitters and traitors (c. mad people from Armadale) would no longer be eligible for the Junior Cup. 

I hope the nut case who does Armadales twitter reads that, he just might try! That would be fantastic to watch with a bag of popcorn.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Will be interesting to see if the 63 clubs from the west are allowed to vote on the changes.

Will be interesting to see if the 63 clubs from the west are allowed to vote on the changes.
If the vote is at an EGM then yes they will. If it waits till the AGM (3rd Saturday in June) then they would all need to pay their dues in advance before attending and voting.

Which raises another question - how do the SJFA hold an EGM or AGM to facilitate the necessary rule changes in the current circumstances ?

50 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I don't think he would ever enter the Scottish Junior Cup anyway, so no biggie.

I think he's more a South Region Challenge Cup sort of man anyway. I can just picture a Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Cup Final.

44 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If the vote is at an EGM then yes they will. If it waits till the AGM (3rd Saturday in June) then they would all need to pay their dues in advance before attending and voting.

Which raises another question - how do the SJFA hold an EGM or AGM to facilitate the necessary rule changes in the current circumstances ?

The EoS are holding their EGM on 30 april with all clubs reps connected via zoom. 

I believe zoom can be hacked if anyone wants to know how the applications get on. 

47 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If Clydebank and Kilwinning are intending on resigning from the SJFA will they bother attending either an EGM or AGM? 

The EoS are holding their EGM on 30 april with all clubs reps connected via zoom. 
I believe zoom can be hacked if anyone wants to know how the applications get on. 
What is the EoS EGM called to discuss ?

Does anyone have a note of which prospective WOSFL clubs currently have floodlights?

I suspect that those facilities may need to be hired by other local clubs looking to catch up on any postponed league or cup fixtures, should we have a delayed start to the season or a bad winter.

Obviously the number of clubs with floodlights should increase as more clubs seek an SFA Licence.