Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

This is why the juniors getting their tentacles into the wosl is a disaster. Why should clubs who’ve moved on and left the sjfa have to abide by their shite to get games played. I cant see the sjfa cup stuff lasting long, the first 5 postponement replay will make everyone see sense. Unless clubs play their reserves or u20’s in the junior cup?

This is why the juniors getting their tentacles into the wosl is a disaster. Why should clubs who’ve moved on and left the sjfa have to abide by their shite to get games played. I cant see the sjfa cup stuff lasting long, the first 5 postponement replay will make everyone see sense. Unless clubs play their reserves or u20’s in the junior cup?

Only time will tell on that one but I think it’ll either develop into a Non league national cup for everyone tier 5 down or as you say fade away. It certainly won’t remain as is in my opinion with the West in and the East out.

16 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Moving to an 18 club Lowland League, would offset the threat of one extra relegation spot (in tandem with 2 clubs being promoted from Tier 6 to the LL).  Having 34 league games per season, is certainly manageable.

However, I would only support this, if the SPFL agreed that "club 42" would be automatically relegated, and replaced by the LL/HFL play-off winners.

Of course this may get overtaken by an SPFL restructuring. 

Yeah your perfectly correct and has been discussed.unfortunatly some in the big hoose only want 16 teams leagues or we could start a lowland league two which would mean all the present teir 6 league's would have to go to teir 7.which we have talked about but that is unfair.reconstruction is not to far away i know the spfl have discussed that.the only thing is they need to vote yes.unlike the sfa it would be members voting.think they would only look out for them selfs.hence forcing the lowland league to take brechin into the league if relegated. 

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think relaying on clubs getting knocked out of other cups so another can run smoothly is unlikely. The clubs likely to succeed in one are likely to succeed in the other.  Unless you set up formal arrangements where you don’t enter one until your out the other which I can’t see happening here.

I wouldn't say it will go smoothly even with clubs being knocked out the SCC, it'll just help to reduce the number of postponements using the next Junior Cup date.

Might not be as bad as some make out, but it will be bad enough that it just adds to the decline of the Junior Cup - no way is it going "back to its original form" as Ronney said. Probably the best chance to keep it on track is for 5 conferences meaning fewer league games.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can you explain how clubs not in the SJFA will have to abide by their shite, when SCC ties will be unaffected and league games won't be getting moved out of the way for the Junior Cup?

Can you explain how clubs not in the SJFA will have to abide by their shite, when SCC ties will be unaffected and league games won't be getting moved out of the way for the Junior Cup?

Are you confirming the junior cup will be played midweek then? Cos we’re looking at a 30-32 game season, plus Lowland and Alex Jack cup. How’s that going to fit in with a junior cup that couldnt even confirm a cup final venue and date?

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Are you confirming the junior cup will be played midweek then? Cos we’re looking at a 30-32 game season, plus Lowland and Alex Jack cup. How’s that going to fit in with a junior cup that couldnt even confirm a cup final venue and date?

Can I ask where the Alex Jack Cup bit comes from. Seen Colin Boyd mention it in an interview as well if I remember correctly.

Its an EoS competition where the winner plays off against the winner of the Alba Cup in the South & East Cup Winners Shield. Are WoSFL clubs expecting to compete in the Alex Jack Cup or is this just a short hand for a non-SFA member cup competition like the Alex Jack & Alba Cup for the WoSFL?

I'm also adamant that the SOSL shouldn't, under any circumstances, be treated differently to the EOSL and (especially) the new WOSL, the latter of which hasn't even started yet, and therefore has no basis whatsoever (unless you count a truly bizarre sense of entitlement, which I don't) to be considered "better" in any way. It's an essential principle of a functioning pyramid that all leagues at the same level are equal.

28 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The only cups that have been mentioned for the WoS are the SCC and a WoS league cup. WoS teams are not taking part in EoSFA competitions such as the Alex Jack, Football Nation Qualifying and King Cups. This is what creates space for the SJC, if WoS clubs opt to participate in that rather than having multiple WoSFA cup competitions.

There aren't going to be any replays in the SJC if the changes that the WoS/LL have asked for get approved by the SJFA.
I wasn't aware that the LL-WoSFL had asked for anything whatsoever in terms of changes to the SJC rules. Surely you mean the WRSJFA have asked for those changes ? The SJC has nothing to do with the LL-WoSFL.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Agree with this.

In theory the new WoSL have to abide by the rules to access the LL but how long until the new WoSL board start playing silly buggers.

I would have much preferred 10-20 clubs who actively wanted to make a break doing so and leaving the rest to it.

I can see why this looks like a a compromise that suits everyone but I hope it's not storing up trouble down the line

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:
There aren't going to be any replays in the SJC if the changes that the WoS/LL have asked for get approved by the SJFA.

I wasn't aware that the LL-WoSFL had asked for anything whatsoever in terms of changes to the SJC rules. Surely you mean the WRSJFA have asked for those changes ? The SJC has nothing to do with the LL-WoSFL.

It has been on Fitba North that the north region clubs are currently being asked their opinion on a request from the WoS-LL to ditch replays from the SJC so that their league games can take priority.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Second Round of the Junior Cup was played across 4 different weekends. The first attempt to be played was on the 28th September and saw 14 ties postponed. You can't really tell when postponements are going to come.

Round 2 - 12 postponements on the 28th, 2 on the 5th october - Maud and Thorniewood,  - 12th and 19th thorniewood postponed, then on the 26th they played at Carlukes ground.

The current list of 58 clubs that propose to join the WoSFL:

1. Lugar Boswell Thistle (SJFA West League Two)

2. Clydebank (SJFA West Region Premiership)

3. Kilwinning Rangers (SJFA West Region Premiership)

4. Rutherglen Glencairn (SJFA West Region Premiership)

5. Bellshill Athletic (SJFA West League One)

6. Drumchapel United (Central Scottish Amateur Premier Division)

7. Neilston Juniors (SJFA West Region Championship)

8. Maryhill (SJFA West League One)

9. Kello Rovers (SJFA West League One)

10. Blantyre Victoria (SJFA West Region Championship)

11. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (SJFA West Region Premiership)

12. Vale of Clyde (SJFA West League Two)

13. Renfrew (SJFA West Region Championship)

14. Royal Albert (SJFA West League One)

15. Arthurlie (SJFA West Region Championship)

16. Newmains United (SJFA West League Two)

17. Kilsyth Rangers (SJFA West Region Championship)

18. Whitletts Victoria (SJFA West Region Championship)

19. Gartcairn Juniors (SJFA West Region Championship)

20. Cambuslang Rangers  (SJFA West Region Championship)

21. Cumbernauld United (SJFA West Region Championship)

22. Glasgow Perthshire (SJFA West League One)

23. Ashfield (SJFA West League Two)

24. Petershill (SJFA West Region Championship)

25. Greenock Juniors (SJFA West League One)

26. Larkhall Thistle (SJFA West League One)

27. Port Glasgow Juniors (SJFA West League One)

28. Pollok (SJFA West Region Premiership)

29. Darvel Juniors (SJFA West Region Championship)

30. Vale of Leven (SJFA West League Two)

31. Glenafton Athletic (SJFA West Region Premiership)

32. Johnstone Burgh (SJFA West League Two)

33. Auchinleck Talbot (SJFA West Region Premiership)

34. Largs Thistle (SJFA West Region Premiership)

35. Kilbirnie Ladeside (SJFA West Region Premiership)

36. Troon (SJFA West Region Premiership)

37. Irvine Meadow XI (SJFA West Region Premiership)

38. Beith Juniors (SJFA West Region Premiership) 

39. Shotts Bon Accord (SJFA West Region Championship)

40.  Forth Wanderers (SJFA West League Two)

41. Muirkirk Juniors (SJFA West League Two)

42. Benburb (SJFA West Region Premiership)  

43. Shettleston (SJFA West League One)

44. Irvine Victoria (SJFA West Region Championship)

45. Dalry Thistle (SJFA West Region Championship)

46. Cumnock Juniors (SJFA West Region Premiership)

47. Girvan (SJFA West League One)

48. Wishaw Juniors (SJFA West League One)

49. Rossvale (SJFA West Region Premiership)

50. East Kilbride Thistle (SJFA West League One)

51. St Anthony's (SJFA West League Two)

52. St Roch's (SJFA West Region Championship)

53. Lanark United (SJFA West League One)

54. Hurlford United (SJFA West Region Premiership)

55. Craigmark Burntonians (SJFA West Region Championship)

56. Lesmahagow Juniors (SJFA West League One)

57. Carluke Rovers (SJFA West League One)

58. Glasgow University (Caledonian League Premier Division)

The following 7 WRJFA clubs have yet to make a public declaration to join the WoSFL:

SJFA West Region League One (1 club)
- Ardrossan Winton Rovers

SJFA West Region League Two (6 clubs)
- Annbank United
- Ardeer Thistle
- Maybole Juniors
- Saltcoats Victoria
- Thorniewood United
- Yoker Athletic

In addition confirmation is awaited from the following club:

- Bonnyton Thistle (South of Scotland League)

A constitution of 66 clubs divided into 4 conferences is predicted with anticipation. The Bonnyton situation has been  a little complex but the position is that they still appear to be in the mix and we are awaiting official confirmation in due course

THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY 7TH APRIL - THE DOOR SHUTS TOMORROW NIGHT!

Edited by Pyramidic

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

True but they are more likely to come in late Autumn, by which time a few SCC rounds will have taken place and freed up some clubs. This season some of the outstanding ties that you mention could've been played on the next SCC round two weeks later if the west team was out of that cup.

@Stag Nation most of the postponements were in the North so guessing weather related, KRR had a ground sharing clash (this would surely be moved to a Sunday or another ground next season), and Wishaw's changing rooms were burnt down in the week before their game.

8 north and 4 west, Kirkintilloch played on the 5th October (highlights on youtube)  due to Cumbernauld being at home on the 28th.

33 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The only cups that have been mentioned for the WoS are the SCC and a WoS league cup. WoS teams are not taking part in EoSFA competitions such as the Alex Jack, Football Nation Qualifying and King Cups. This is what creates space for the SJC, if WoS clubs opt to participate in that rather than having multiple WoSFA cup competitions.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-pyramid-masterplan-agreed-juniors-21753119

Colin Boyd “We are probably going into a 16 or 18 team league. There will be the South Challenge Cup, the Alex Jack Cup and we will need to create a West League Cup. That gives us three cups and adding a fourth in the Junior Cup I just don’t see possible."

Yet you've got quotes like that from someone involved in the process. Now nobody gets everything right when talking about the inner workings of the pyramid, but you don't just throw out the Alex Jack Cup without someone trying to explain what it is and why its relevant to the pyramid. Maybe that means a few entering instead of the SJC or the WoSFL creating their own version who knows.

I doubt it will mean all non-SFA WoSFL members entering since that could take the Alex Jack Cup to 90 odd teams to the Alba Cup's 9.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-pyramid-masterplan-agreed-juniors-21753119
Colin Boyd “We are probably going into a 16 or 18 team league. There will be the South Challenge Cup, the Alex Jack Cup and we will need to create a West League Cup. That gives us three cups and adding a fourth in the Junior Cup I just don’t see possible."
Yet you've got quotes like that from someone involved in the process. Now nobody gets everything right when talking about the inner workings of the pyramid, but you don't just throw out the Alex Jack Cup without someone trying to explain what it is and why its relevant to the pyramid. Maybe that means a few entering instead of the SJC or the WoSFL creating their own version who knows.
I doubt it will mean all non-SFA WoSFL members entering since that could take the Alex Jack Cup to 90 odd teams to the Alba Cup's 9.
Bit of a difference there regarding the Alex Jack cup - is this just for East clubs or is it open to all?

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

Correct.  GUFC are first and foremost a university, No way! for academic purposes, Whit? also with a wide variety of sports in addition to football. Eh?  As such they don't have the need to liaise with their community.

Their players are almost entirely students OMG!

It's one revelation after another!

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’ve stated a few pages back that I think the SOSFL and WOSFL should be merged but as long as we have a separate SOSFL they should be treated equally to the EOSFL and WOSFL. They either merit the place or they don’t. The same as the LL and HL are equal.

You’ve ever so slightly changed your tune ! A few days ago the South didn’t merit its status now they should be treated equally ( potentially ) , very gracious SSR