Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

49 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

If the SJFA wants to find a way of continuing to be relevant to its West members, is there scope for getting someone in familiar with grant availability and planning, to work with the clubs towards achieving licensing?

Wouldn't someone from the Lowland League/EoSFL be better suited for such a task seeing as they will have had more experience in that area?

Wouldn't someone from the Lowland League/EoSFL be better suited for such a task seeing as they will have had more experience in that area?
I was thinking that myself, and the LL will be their governing body, not the SJFA.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:
6 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I was thinking that myself, and the LL will be their governing body, not the SJFA.

I mentioned the SJFA as apparently they have the cash resources to do this,  If the LL has the resources to do so, I hope it would be well worth their while.

10 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

I mentioned the SJFA as apparently they have the cash resources to do this,  If the LL has the resources to do so, I hope it would be well worth their while.

I don't imagine the Junior clubs in the east and north would be too enthusiastic about spending the association's cash on the clubs who have effectively left the "grade".

Edited by Stag Nation
Punctuation

6 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Hopefully as well for 2020-21, they'll finally award the North Caley League Winners a Scottish Cup berth, they're the only Senior or Junior league without a berth. Bit unfair on the likes of Invergordon and Orkney.

I would give a non-trivial body part for an away cup draw in Orkney.

3 hours ago, STRUTHERS said:

Probably a bye product of the Hampden meeting where the LL/EOS were painted as the villains trying to destroy the juniors. Once the new league/conferences are up and running the scare stories will be exposed for what they were.

Yet those who believed them and spread them won't recognise that they were wrong, and they'll still expect their opinions to be taken just as seriously in future.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm sure the ground itself is licence ready, if soulless, it has a running track which is obviously good for a public facility, not so good for watching football; and floodlights.

One big mitigation against the running track at Carluke is that it has a lot of raised ground and you can get a good viewing point. Must be one of the highest altitude grounds in the country - it's at about 220m, much higher than the highest league ground, Airdrie, at 140m.

As I said a myth that suits the agenda of Pyramidistas especially the born again ones. 
Where is the myth rambler?

The information at hand suggests all pyramid fixtures (defo league and south challenge cup and most likely wos cup) will take priority over the scottish junior cup. With a full fixture card for these games and the alex jack cup where do the Scottish junior cup ties fit in?

Its only natural to assume midweek, and we havent even then considered those from west Lothian, north region juniors and tayside who now have uncertainty over the biggest cup they have - like when will our games actually be played.

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

One big mitigation against the running track at Carluke is that it has a lot of raised ground and you can get a good viewing point. Must be one of the highest altitude grounds in the country - it's at about 220m, much higher than the highest league ground, Airdrie, at 140m.

Forth's ground is at 280m. There might be others at a similar altitude in the Lowland area.  Also possible that there will be North Region juniors that could surpass that figure.

Edit: Shotts 231m, Fauldhouse  232m

Edited by Footballfirst

18 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Where is the myth rambler?

The information at hand suggests all pyramid fixtures (defo league and south challenge cup and most likely wos cup) will take priority over the scottish junior cup. With a full fixture card for these games and the alex jack cup where do the Scottish junior cup ties fit in? ...

The Alex Jack Cup is an EoS competition, so WoS clubs won't be entering that. Ditto with the Football Nations Cup. Using those dates for the SJC provides a way to avoid midweek games.

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The Alex Jack Cup is an EoS competition, so WoS clubs won't be entering that. Ditto with the Football Nations Cup. Using those dates for the SJC provides a way to avoid midweek games.

Alex Jack Cup true as those are just the Scottish Cup dates which creates a problem in the second season once more clubs are licenced.

Using the same dates as the FNC though that's the problem. The FNC has to use midweek games to complete its schedule

image.thumb.png.1ccb441aabda2c016c465da259f9bec3.png

image.thumb.png.af82b2f3fe89e3efb424c1af117c7a8e.png

image.thumb.png.73c1a384febd2c268e0bb17e052ae1a9.png

You could also see a WoSFL non-SFA member cup created like the Alex Jack/Alba Cups, or those that are not in the SJFA gain entry to the Alba Cup. Right now Drumchapel United, Kilwinning Rangers, Clydebank would have more chance of winning the Alba Cup/South & East Cup Winners Shield for entry into the Scottish Cup than winning the Junior Cup. There would also be less strain on their schedules as there's only 9 SoS clubs that will enter the Alba Cup compared to the 100+ in the Junior Cup.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Sjfa actually still want to have a scottish junior cup after all the clubs leave to join the pyramid.......hahaha utter mental no wonder the grade has disintegrated.......also what happens to the hundreds of thousands pounds sitting in the Juniors fa bank.......my guess the shits retirement packages

People are determined to turn this into an issue when there are solutions readily available. There were two dedicated Saturdays for FNC and four for the Alex Jack before Christmas. The SJC needs seven and they can still also play the closing rounds in May and June after the league has been decided.

44 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

People are determined to turn this into an issue when there are solutions readily available. There were two dedicated Saturdays for FNC and four for the Alex Jack before Christmas. The SJC needs seven and they can still also play the closing rounds in May and June after the league has been decided.

People probably keep mentioning it because they know most of those were never completed on those set dates for a variety of reasons and needed to be caught up with. Senior Calendar will sometimes end up with midweeks, the SJC never does.

They would be well advised to avoid November to March for any rounds. As long as they do that the vast majority of games should be fine. The SJC semis sometimes used to be held midweek at neutral senior grounds so the last bit is not fully accurate.
Fair point. Hadnt thought of that with the alex jack cup, however the same still applies to be fair.

I cant actually see where both associations can align their fixture lists to fit the junior cup in (wosfl wont wait for sjfa fixtures). The sjfa also have an east and north region to keep happy whilst arranging any junior cup dates.

It's all about if a mish mash meaning that junior cup dates may have to be moved for wos league games and scc games, most likely moved to midweek.

They would be well advised to avoid November to March for any rounds. As long as they do that the vast majority of games should be fine. The SJC semis sometimes used to be held midweek at neutral senior grounds so the last bit is not fully accurate.
It would often be a Friday night and often would get a very good crowd as 10 plus years ago was no other football really on a Friday night so had some very good semi final crowds at neutral venues.

It's a bit of a shame that not more amateurs have signed up. This is pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity through the conferences otherwise any new clubs will be joining tier 9/10 potentially.  Other sides in the Caledonian League for example. What have they got to lose?.