Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The King Cup used to be the end of season cup for the EoS but with that downgraded to the lower divisions, the end of season EoS competition is their League Cup. In terms of set dates it'll probably work out like this:

• WK1 Last Round of League Games
  • WK2 Lowland Playoff
  • WK3 Lowland Playoff
  • WK4 SCC Final
  • WK5 EoS League Cup Final

Just wondering where the Junior Cup and WoSFL Cup will fit in around it? Junior Cup on WK5 and WoSFL Cup just crammed in wherever because of its Junior members?

1 hour ago, BigBadBassRock said:

Let all teams at Tier 5 and below enter and rename it The Junior Memorial Cup. 

I would rename and revamp it as the Junior Challenge Cup and amalgamate the JC and SCC.

Another option would be to relaunch as the Junior Heritage Cup.

But perhaps the best option would be to name it after a major sponsor willing to provide a “shed load of money” covering each round.

Or just start a new cup for everyone in the pyramid in the lowland area and do away with junior cup entry and the scc.

New start, fresh beginnings and all that. I guess you could say I'm a forward looki g kind of person, I dont do reminiscing or nodding to the past.

The King Cup used to be the end of season cup for the EoS but with that downgraded to the lower divisions, the end of season EoS competition is their League Cup. In terms of set dates it'll probably work out like this:
  • WK1 Last Round of League Games
  • WK2 Lowland Playoff
  • WK3 Lowland Playoff
  • WK4 SCC Final
  • WK5 EoS League Cup Final
Just wondering where the Junior Cup and WoSFL Cup will fit in around it? Junior Cup on WK5 and WoSFL Cup just crammed in wherever because of its Junior members?
The other factor is that the LL or whoever is running the WoSFL will not be running or scheduling the Scottish Junior Cup. That will be done by the SJFA, and it was made crystal clear at the LL-WoSFL information meeting that the WoSFL competitions would take priority.

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Or just start a new cup for everyone in the pyramid in the lowland area and do away with junior cup entry and the scc.

New start, fresh beginnings and all that. I guess you could say I'm a forward looki g kind of person, I dont do reminiscing or nodding to the past.

Aye.
The Scottish Lowland Cup? 🏆

31 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I messages yoker on fb to ask and they said they will be making an announcement in coming days.

Hiya Alan, the club will be issuing a statement in the coming days. As you can imagine it's made things a little more tricky having to arrange conference calls and meetings to discuss our way forward. Keep an eye on the clubs social media feeds for any updates. Thanks for your interest and apologies for not being able to give a more definitive answer at this time

Thanks for your help.

Still assuming that all will make the move - even if it's only because they feel that they've little/no alternative.

Once they get there their eyes will be opened to some of the nonsense that's been fed to them via the Juniors' official ranks! Similar to what happened in the East.

46 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

image.png.2d78ff5c4074be97108fdaecc4c285c5.pngimage.thumb.png.6159e839c0719b9ce4164899819d1859.png

I'd be very surprised at Winton not going. They're not paying for floodlights to play in the Juniors. Same with Yoker. Their ground will soon be of a standard required for a Licence.
(Yes - I do know it isn't just about the ground for SFA Licensing). Have any of the other ones made negative remarks towards WoSFL?

Yes. I assume all will make the move.

Thanks for your help.
Still assuming that all will make the move - even if it's only because they feel that they've little/no alternative.
Once they get there their eyes will be opened to some of the nonsense that's been fed to them via the Juniors' official ranks! Similar to what happened in the East.

Yes, I expect that too.

26 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I would rename and revamp it as the Junior Challenge Cup and amalgamate the JC and SCC.

Another option would be to relaunch as the Junior Heritage Cup.

But perhaps the best option would be to name it after a major sponsor willing to provide a “shed load of money” covering each round.

The SFA found the money to put in £40k a year for both North & South Challenge Cups for the first two years. The official name of the SCC is still the SFA South Region Challenge Cup even though the SFA don't run it.

The pyramid leagues and licenced clubs should be requesting an official national non-league competition ran by the SFA. If there's enough actual interest for one. Right now most of the talk is done online. So the clubs themselves might not be that interested as they feel the current competitions are good enough.

6 minutes ago, Dev said:

Thanks for your help.

Hi Dev

Sorry as I'm not fully clued up on how it all worked out but was it similar in the East getting told nonsenselike the west have been and once they joined they actually worked out the benefits and dealt with any negatives if any.

The other factor is that the LL or whoever is running the WoSFL will not be running or scheduling the Scottish Junior Cup. That will be done by the SJFA, and it was made crystal clear at the LL-WoSFL information meeting that the WoSFL competitions would take priority.

Quite rightly too. I wonder how clubs without floodlights will be able to play midweek sjfa cup matches in November etc.

38 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hi Dev

Sorry as I'm not fully clued up on how it all worked out but was it similar in the East getting told nonsenselike the west have been and once they joined they actually worked out the benefits and dealt with any negatives if any.

The only complaint I heard from the change in the East was about the cups, due to the home team getting to keep the gate.

A year later when all those ex Juniors became voting members, the rule never changed. Don't think anyone actually put forth a motion to change it either.

So it can't have been that bad. Just a change from how they were used to doing it.

I'll be interested to see how many WOSFL clubs enter next season's U20 league.

Currently there are 29 teams split into two conferences, but they are drawn from multiple leagues, SPFL L1, SPFL L2, LL, EOSFL and SoSFL.

Depending on numbers, there may be a case for regional conferences to cut down on travel costs, with most games scheduled to start at 8pm on Friday evenings. Unless clubs already have a 3G surface and floodlights, games are normally played at Council, School or University facilities. 

30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'll be interested to see how many WOSFL clubs enter next season's U20 league.

Currently there are 29 teams split into two conferences, but they are drawn from multiple leagues, SPFL L1, SPFL L2, LL, EOSFL and SoSFL.

Depending on numbers, there may be a case for regional conferences to cut down on travel costs, with most games scheduled to start at 8pm on Friday evenings. Unless clubs already have a 3G surface and floodlights, games are normally played at Council, School or University facilities. 

The current development league, two divisions are mostly made up of east teams with potentially 5 on the West. There are a few teams already form joining junior teams with a development squad ready to start but might not be enough as its new to all the west junior teams starting but as everyone will adjust in the coming years Id expect there to be a west development league

We currently have u14s, u15s, u17s and u21s teams. Having an u20s team for the start of next season would need a bit of sudden discussion and adjustment, which is particularly difficult in the current circumstances. But it is certainly something we are interested in when we're ready.

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The current development league, two divisions are mostly made up of east teams with potentially 5 on the West. There are a few teams already form joining junior teams with a development squad ready to start but might not be enough as its new to all the west junior teams starting but as everyone will adjust in the coming years Id expect there to be a west development league

With potential of a compressed season in 2020-21 it might be too short notice for some. Which was the same for the East in 2018-19 due to so many last minute additions without planning ahead.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

With potential of a compressed season in 2020-21 it might be too short notice for some. Which was the same for the East in 2018-19 due to so many last minute additions without planning ahead.

Agreed, I think most academies know the script and pushing a team in straight away without the necessary checks etc... just wouldn't be advisable.  I know the academy I work with and the one is have worked with have done their due diligence but will only go when everything is in place and the time is right.