Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

15 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Was that the Bo'ness game against Arthurlie?

Falkirk must have made some money from the junior  cup in those days.  In 1976 Bo'ness played Lanark there.  They gave the crowd a s12000 yet I knew people  who were locked out and couldn't get in. It was absolutely packed.  

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Jane.jpg.f3e23e292b517665f4e04d3dc51f4e59.jpg

Enjoy the WOSL, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Burnieman. You ruined the grade completely so you could have everyone together and I hope now you can spend your time in the seniors getting lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

So Burnieman, take your clubs and get off my Junior forum.

This is the fantastic Scottish Football content I came here to see.

Animated GIF

https://jamiesjournalsmusings.wordpress.com/2020/04/03/ambition-and-uncertainty-in-the-juniors-as-clubs-prepare-to-jump-ship/

Some of the quotes from Gordon Ronney:

He said: “The Scottish Junior Cup is 134 years in existence.

“There have to be constitutional changes to allow it to fit into the fixture congestion and I believe those constitutional changes will take effect.

“It is still to be established whether clubs will compete in the South Challenge Cup or the Junior Cup… but I believe the vast majority of clubs will choose the Junior Cup because it’s a more lucrative cup, the prize money is substantial and it obviously carries a senior Scottish cup place.

“It’s loss its gloss a wee bit because of the East junior teams who left. I am of the opinion that it will go back to its original form.”

8 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

"... with conferences due to be set up with geography in mind ...".

He's right, they'll all be in the West of Scotland.

The ignorance of the print media in this country is astonishing. When they don't know or understand something they just make it up. 

Tbf to Gordon he's played a blinder and will probably head up the WoS after a couple of seasons.

There's space for both the Junior Cup and SCC. The SCC can continue in its current form as a Cup for T6 and below Lowland Clubs. Like I said elsewhere the Junior Cup should be a Cup for all clubs at Tier 6 below. Effectively the SCC plus Tayside, North and North Caley clubs.

Edited by ArabAuslander

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Jane.jpg.f3e23e292b517665f4e04d3dc51f4e59.jpg

Enjoy the WOSL, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Burnieman. You ruined the grade completely so you could have everyone together and I hope now you can spend your time in the seniors getting lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

So Burnieman, take your clubs and get off my Junior forum.

He's busy reading: "Grace and Decorum for Dummies: Learn to love life and be polite the West Juniors way. Foreword by the man in the woodpile". Amazon £10.99

13 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Tbf to Gordon he's played a blinder and will probably head up the WoS after a couple of seasons.

There's space for both the Junior Cup and SCC. The SCC can continue in its current form as a Cup for T6 and below Lowland Clubs. Like I said elsewhere the Junior Cup should be a Cup for all clubs at Tier 6 below. Effectively the SCC plus Tayside, North and North Caley clubs.

I think it shows why some people are sceptical of having the Junior Cup/SJFA involved in the pyramid. Its weeks since the meetings and he's still pitching the Junior Cup v SCC as one or the other. Which just continues the divide between clubs on a certain level.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think it shows why some people are sceptical of having the Junior Cup/SJFA involved in the pyramid. Its weeks since the meetings and he's still pitching the Junior Cup v SCC as one or the other. Which just continues the divide between clubs on a certain level.

The WOS statements definitely said everyone would enter the SCC and the junior cup would be played midweek.

Why have clubs participating in two cups that do the same thing? One cup is currently running within the lowland area of the pyramid, one is not.

As pointed out multiple times, the junior cup will struggle to fit in around the other league and cup games for sjfa member clubs who choose to participate. League and scc take priority.

28 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

The WOS statements definitely said everyone would enter the SCC and the junior cup would be played midweek.

Yet the frontman of the all in west region approach is still presenting the SCC as a choice and thinks most clubs would opt for the Junior Cup instead.

On 09/06/2017 at 15:14, Burnie_man said:

As expected we've seen Kelty jump ship, maybe one or two will follow in the next couple of seasons but I can’t see a trickle becoming a flood for various reasons, particularly in the West.

surprised kenan thompson GIF

Very late night summary to include Lanark United. Surely most, if not all, of the rest of the West Juniors have applied already?

53 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying: ** means Subject to Verification
Premiership (15) Championship (15) League One (13) League Two (9) Others (1)
Auchinleck Talbot Arthurlie Bellshill Athletic Ashfield Drumchapel Utd PYM
Beith Juniors Blantyre Victoria East Kilbride Thistle Forth Wanderers  
Benburb Cambuslang Rangers Girvan Johnstone Burgh  
Clydebank Cumbernauld United Glasgow Perthshire Lugar Boswell Thistle **  
Cumnock Juniors Dalry Thistle Greenock Juniors Muirkirk Juniors  
Glenafton Athletic Darvel Kello Rovers Newmains United  
Irvine Meadow XI Gartcairn Juniors Lanark United St Anthony's  
Kilbirnie Ladeside Irvine Victoria Larkhall Thistle Vale of Clyde  
Kilwinning Rangers Kilsyth Rangers Maryhill Vale of Leven  
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Neilston Juniors Port Glasgow Juniors    
Largs Thistle Petershill Royal Albert    
Pollok Renfrew Shettleston    
Rossvale Shotts Bon Accord Wishaw Juniors    
Rutherglen Glencairn St Roch's      
Troon Whitletts Victoria      

(13) Not known to have applied so far:      
Premiership (1) Championship (1) League One (3) League Two (6) Others (2)
Hurlford United Craigmark Burntonians Ardrossan Winton Rovers Annbank United Bonnyton Thistle
    Carluke Rovers Ardeer Thistle Glasgow University
    Lesmahagow Juniors Maybole Juniors   
      Saltcoats Victoria  
      Thorniewood United  
      Yoker Athletic  

4 hours ago, BMan said:

Still here emoji41.png

I have said before, I always wanted Junior football to fill the void below the LL, I wanted Junior football to get involved in the LL from the very start. Could have happened. Didn't happen, and sadly it became apparent it was never going to happen due to the grades own sense of self importance and over estimation of its worth in the greater scheme of things.

There's been a few twists and turns along the way, I called things wrong, but what this thread has done is bring facts to the discussion and dispelled myths about the Pyramid. If that has had an effect on clubs decision making then so be it but I think you over estimate the influence of the forum.

Kelty, and then Dalkeith, rocked the Junior game to the core, and credit should go to them for having the baws to grasp the future. Everyone else merely followed.

I have never hated Junior football as some claim, I even compiled a book on the game which took years of research. I simply wanted the game to modernise, look outward and move with the times, but it was let down and ultimately killed by the "Junior men" at all levels who refused to see it was just 11 guys playing another 11 guys just like any other league in Scotland, Preston are no different from Penicuik, Whitehill no different to Bonnyrigg. 11 v 11. Why couldn't they play each other?

You're right, this thread has ran it's course, the future of the grade is now obvious to all. Time to move on.

It could have been different.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Erm,...Aye OK...we need an answer for the artist formerly known as Burnie_Man do we ?...

OK, I'll do it...Shoosh lads, let me speak,...Yes, initially we were sceptical but when it became obvious that you weren't going to shut the f**k up we decided just to keep you rambling on & on & on for several years until we were ready to loup straight in...this virus thing seems to have kyboshed the plan for a wee while but hopefully we'll all still be here and ready to rock after it clears up...and we will then proceed to whup some ass.

Just promise us that when your team is getting hammered by your new overlords at Lugar Boswell Thistle that you'll just gracefully bow down to the inevitable and not start a new campaign to restructure Scottish fitba ever again. Promise now. Scouts honour ?

P.S. Also hope that you are safe & healthy too.

Now...close the thread and wash your hands of it. Your evil work here is done.

7 hours ago, never been to scotland said:

The first bit is true. The second is not. The speculation about it having to be midweek was only from a couple of posters on this thread.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

11 hours ago, DiamondOwl said:

Congratulations to all you pro-pyramid people. The political parties should get Burnieman to lead their campaigns. Almost single-handedly in less than three years he has destroyed junior football and massively expanded the senior non-league sector, convincing (almost) everyone that now they are all so much better off.....  He seems to have disappeared recently

He was not the villain you deserved. He was the villain you needed