Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

Sorry, my reply wasnt aimed at you. You asked pertinent points that have been considered and discussed many times on the forum previously.

No apology required.  I did not feel it was aimed at me - just a set of valid points I broadly agreed with.

So "if the rules get changed" is the important bit.  I assume this would be by a show of hands by delegates at the 2020 AGM? 
 Do only the rump clubs attend and get a vote?  Or do those clubs nipping off to WoSL still attend the AGM - and hence vote upon the rule change? 
So that even if the remaining Junior clubs wish to retain the Junior Cup for Juniors only, they will be out-voted.
Also, do these WosL/Retained Junior status clubs get to attend each subsequent AGM, voting upon matters which (for the most part) do not concern them?
What a muddy puddle!

Pretty much, yes. A bit of an unnecessary mess in my opinion, but hey it is what it is now.

9 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

They & the council have done wonders with the ground as well. It was just a public park and now fully enclosed / 3g / floodlights with a wee bit of cover too.

We are also looking at an additional clubhouse for socials activities and some covered seating.  

9 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I'd be surprised too, but it would be an absolutely cracking awayday! A mate of mine's folks used to live across the river in Minnigaff and I've spent quite a lot of time down there.

If we don't draw Maryhill in a conference we can sort out a preseason game maybe. 

9 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

I'l  eat my hat if Newton Stewart have applied.

What kinda hat and will you video it?

Edited by Hossy87

1 minute ago, Hossy87 said:

We are also looking at an additional clubhouse for socials activities and some covered seating.  

If we don't draw Maryhill in a conference we can sort of a preseason game maybe. 

Oh shit.....

Anyone know a covid-free hat-shaped cake maker. ?

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^ does he understand that I posted what I suspect will happen not what I think should happen in an ideal world? Won't go any further in case it gets like the option Z stuff again when a lot of people who didn't grasp that sort of nuance to posts went completely postal on here. 

Meanwhile in the west, if Hurlford are viewed as confirmed in by the Kilmarnock local newspaper it only takes two more confirmation tweets to put the rump west region into single digits, which should convince any stragglers to do the sensible thing rather than the Whitburn thing and put in an application by the 7th.

"He" : I presume you mean me (Robert/Bob), understands only too well, and (of course) you are at liberty to express your opinion. You could be proved right (?).

But in my opinion there is little or no chance of what you are saying, actually happening, for the reasons I stated very clearly. A logjam at Tiers 5 & 6 is already a risk for the fluidity of the pyramid, particularly whilst there is no automatic promotion to the SPFL for the Lowland or Highland champion club .  However, there will be opposition to automatic promotion, unless some additional protection (restructuring) is provided for part time SPFL clubs. 

The knock on by having not one, but two, extra tier 6 leagues, makes the chance of reaching the SPFL, even more difficult than it is now. Hence the increasing concern about a logjam stifling ambition for existing, and new pyramid clubs.  Therefore I don't agree with your conclusion about the potential addition of a fourth  6th Tier 'pyramid feeder' league to the Lowland. 

Time will tell. 

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Petition to rename thread to "Junior football: 1886-2020"

6 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

strictly speaking their should be a new forum created for wosfl. This forum should only be used to discuss the scottish junior cup, Tayside league, North juniors and the West lothian League

Yes, I think it’s either the 1st of June or 1st July, Pie and Bovril makes changes re which forum supporters of clubs relegated/promoted in the spfl should  post in. Probably  it will be at that point (if not before) that a new WOSFL forum is introduced.

This thread, although presently full of life, is, to all intents and purposes, dead. The question has been answered: “Junior football, what is the future?” Answer (sadly, IMO): “There is none”.

Congratulations to all you pro-pyramid people. The political parties should get Burnieman to lead their campaigns. Almost single-handedly in less than three years he has destroyed junior football and massively expanded the senior non-league sector, convincing (almost) everyone that now they are all so much better off.....  He seems to have disappeared recently - must be helping the government with advice about their COVID-19 press conferences!

Just now, DiamondOwl said:

Yes, I think it’s either the 1st of June or 1st July, Pie and Bovril makes changes re which forum supporters of clubs relegated/promoted in the spfl should  post in. Probably  it will be at that point (if not before) that a new WOSFL forum is introduced.

This thread, although presently full of life, is, to all intents and purposes, dead. The question has been answered: “Junior football, what is the future?” Answer (sadly, IMO): “There is none”.

Congratulations to all you pro-pyramid people. The political parties should get Burnieman to lead their campaigns. Almost single-handedly in less than three years he has destroyed junior football and massively expanded the senior non-league sector, convincing (almost) everyone that now they are all so much better off.....  He seems to have disappeared recently - must be helping the government with advice about their COVID-19 press conferences!

GTF Day was 16th June last year I think.

30 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

If we don't draw Maryhill in a conference we can sort out a preseason game maybe. 

Has Newton Stewart applied to the WoS? You mention potential Conference matches with Maryhill!

5 minutes ago, Dev said:

Has Newton Stewart applied to the WoS? You mention potential Conference matches with Maryhill!

The position may have changed on this one unfortunately. I now think we will have 66 applications including Bonnyton and Glasgow University.

Edited by Pyramidic

16 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7851132

Edited by Gordon EF

11 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

The position may have changed on this one unfortunately. I now think we will have 66 applications including Bonnyton and Glasgow University.

63 west juniors plus Drumchapel United, plus Bonnyton, plus Glasgow University makes 66. 

Has Newton Stewart been withdrawn/rejected as this would make it 67?

18 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

Jane.jpg.f3e23e292b517665f4e04d3dc51f4e59.jpg

Enjoy the WOSL, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Burnieman. You ruined the grade completely so you could have everyone together and I hope now you can spend your time in the seniors getting lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

So Burnieman, take your clubs and get off my Junior forum.

29 minutes ago, Dev said:

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That would be the obvious inference from the post. Think it can be viewed as confirmed and it will be interesting to see if the other D&G SoS clubs that The_Demon mentioned have applied as well.

24 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Should that not be 67? 63 West Region clubs, Bonnyton, Newton Stewart and Glasgow University.

16 minutes ago, Dev said:

63 west juniors plus Drumchapel United, plus Bonnyton, plus Glasgow University makes 66. 

Has Newton Stewart been withdrawn/rejected as this would make it 67?

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Why is it looking that way since we've just had a poster with ties to Newton Stewart make a suggestion about getting Maryhill in a Conference?

Just to ensure this doesn't go off track, I can confirm that Newton Stewart do not have an application in.  

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Enjoy the WOSL, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Burnieman. You ruined the grade completely so you could have everyone together and I hope now you can spend your time in the seniors getting lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

Harsh !! 

And I hope BM isn't  unwell.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Very harsh sir. very harsh.its not as if he held a gun to your head.all he's guilty off is highlighting his and other people's veiws about how their clubs in their opinion have moved on.