Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

They've done it.

Off the top of my head I think that 10 Ayrshire clubs have still to declare. And I believe at least one of those has already submitted an application.

West of Scotland Football League for season 2020-2021

Today the Committee are happy to released this statement

Kilbirnie Ladeside FC would like to  confirm we have made our application to join the planned West of Scotland Football League for season 2020-2021.

We would also like to confirm our intention to retain membership of the Scottish Junior Football Association and thereafter entry in the Scottish Junior Cup.

Many Thanks for you continued support and we hope you are all well and safe 

Hope that the other “certainties” release their statements soon.

Edited by Pyramidic

2 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Wishaw Juniors 

The article made it clear they were putting an application in though. Some of the 20 that are left on Dev and Pyramadic's lists such as Cumnock, Rossvale and Girvan are absolute certs to put in applications, so there really isn't any basis for a stable WRSJFA to be left in the aftermath of this.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The article made it clear they were putting an application in though. Some of the 20 that are left on Dev and Pyramadic's lists such as Cumnock, Rossvale and Girvan are absolute certs to put in applications, so there really isn't any basis for a stable WRSJFA to be left in the aftermath of this.

I know but if you take the tone of the article posted earlier the perception it gives is their doing so against their will.

15 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I know but if you take the tone of the article posted earlier the perception it gives is their doing so against their will.

A perception driven by a few decades of being tols what was good for them by certain somebodies and in the last 7/8 years buying into "LL = Devil Incarnate (and his Lanterns)". Misinformation is like damp - it penetrates.

One really shouldn't accept everything set out in newspapers (incl the online versions) as read,  never mind drawing conclusions based on that.  The conversation with the journalist lasted 50 mins.  It is his choice  what he includes, what he leaves out and the context, order and emphasis used.
For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, Wishaw Juniors will be submitting an application for membership of the West of Scotland League as proposed by The Lowland League..  
Membership of the S.J.F.A. & W. of S. J.F.A. and previous Junior F.A. 's such as the old Scottish, Lanarkshire and Central Leagues  has, down the years, provided  stable environments for clubs like ourselves to operate and serve our communities,  particularly in recent years  throughout  periods of significant social and economic change.  We look forward to the West of Scotland League serving that same function and to meeting old friends, making new ones  and to facing new challenges. 

Excellent post, thank you for clarifying your club's position. [emoji106]

37 minutes ago, Wishaw Secretary said:

One really shouldn't accept everything set out in newspapers (incl the online versions) as read,  never mind drawing conclusions based on that.  The conversation with the journalist lasted 50 mins.  It is his choice  what he includes, what he leaves out and the context, order and emphasis used.

For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, Wishaw Juniors will be submitting an application for membership of the West of Scotland League as proposed by The Lowland League..  

Membership of the S.J.F.A. & W. of S. J.F.A. and previous Junior F.A. 's such as the old Scottish, Lanarkshire and Central Leagues  has, down the years, provided  stable environments for clubs like ourselves to operate and serve our communities,  particularly in recent years  throughout  periods of significant social and economic change.  We look forward to the West of Scotland League serving that same function and to meeting old friends, making new ones  and to facing new challenges. 

I had just come on to post that the article didn't flow well and I had trouble following the point "you" we're trying to make.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I had just come on to post that the article didn't flow well and I had trouble following the point "you" we're trying to 

The article was all over the place and whoever wrote it needs a lesson or 2 in journalism. It did Wishaw no favours at all. Glad they're on board though.