Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If enough clubs (what? ten?) are that determined to remain junior they're more than welcome to not join the WoSFL and make their own little rump league. What's the issue?

The issue is that there may not be as many as 10 and  they may not have the people with the experience of running a league, or time to organise it.

Its a board that will be made up from within the league members that will ultimately oversee the the wosfl.these members need to be proposed and seconded every club will have a vote.for the candidate they wish.
And where do you think the candidates will come from?

If enough clubs (what? ten?) are that determined to remain junior they're more than welcome to not join the WoSFL and make their own little rump league. What's the issue?
Somebody would have to take the lead and start phoning round potentially like-minded clubs to see what their thoughts are. As has been mentioned previously, at least 17 clubs didn't initially express an interest in the LL-WoSFL.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Well if there's not as many as 10 then... tough tits? What they expecting? Clubs that do want to leave to stick behind to keep a handful of clubs happy?

You've obviously not been reading this thread. In reality there's a lot more than 10, probably double that, but they've been convinced by the propaganda that there's no choice.

They're scared of being left without a league to play in, so rather than take a stand, they're all signing up for something they don't really want.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:
13 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Somebody would have to take the lead and start phoning round potentially like-minded clubs to see what their thoughts are. As has been mentioned previously, at least 17 clubs didn't initially express an interest in the LL-WoSFL.

Yes, That's what some of us are waiting for..... some leadership

Name a club, any club, just one will do.
Name a club that's thinking of staying.

6 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

Yes, That's what some of us are waiting for..... some leadership

Well why not do it yourself?

I'm sorry if I'm being blunt or just not getting it.

But enough clubs want to remain in the juniors and outside of the pyramid then why are they not making any effort to do so?

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Well why not do it yourself?

I'm sorry if I'm being blunt or just not getting it.

But enough clubs want to remain in the juniors and outside of the pyramid then why are they not making any effort to do so?

I'm not on a committee of any Junior Club and am not high ranking in the business field, so I doubt I'd manage it.

To answer your second question.... Well, some of the clubs are so short of people to do these things, that it's easier to go with the flow.... Or. perhaps some are trying to do it. I don't know if conversations are going on behind the scenes club to club or with the ERSJFA. 

10 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

I'm not on a committee of any Junior Club and am not high ranking in the business field, so I doubt I'd manage it.

To answer your second question.... Well, some of the clubs are so short of people to do these things, that it's easier to go with the flow.... Or. perhaps some are trying to do it. I don't know if conversations are going on behind the scenes club to club or with the ERSJFA. 

Sorry by "yourself" I meant your club and not you personally. My mistake.

But the general point still stands. If there is a will for it then the clubs can't blame anyone but themselves for not making it happen.

If they really want to remain junior and have the numbers to do so I hope they go for it and enjoy themselves.

34 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
1 hour ago, Lowland team said:
Its a board that will be made up from within the league members that will ultimately oversee the the wosfl.these members need to be proposed and seconded every club will have a vote.for the candidate they wish.

And where do you think the candidates will come from?

The candidates will come from within the clubs who form the new wosfl.probably for the second season of the new league setup.they will make their own choices and decisions.all clubs get to propose new idea's. rule changes if they get a secondary to back them thats what being a league is about,its the clubs who determine how their run.

Edited by Lowland team

20 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned that there was a show of hands at a GM asking if anyone did NOT want to join the Pyramid and not one hand was raised.

That was not what was asked. What was said was to put up your hand if you would like to stay together.  It was just a show of hands Question Time style at the very start of the presentation.

Edited by Brig O'Lea

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Yes, really.
Where do you think the new management is going to come from?

At the end of the day we will have to wait and see. Let's just disagree?

My view is that there are good people in the current Juniors. However, there's some who have already been involved who have shown that they haven't grasped why it has, sadly, become a shambles. Some will have seen it and that's why there's this rush to get away from the existing management group and to start afresh. Hopefully those who are capable of doing a good job will embrace the new era and be positive as some have done in the EoS.

There's also those with West Junior clubs who have noticeably backed off getting involved with the current West Region Juniors but who could be good to have on board in the management team. I don't doubt that you will be aware of this.

Likewise, the Lowland/EoS & SoS have shown how to run leagues without creating animosity. They've run them efficiently and provided all of the benefits which have been flagged up on P&B with monotonous frequency in the hope that the message will eventually get through to those who are willing to be open minded and positive towards change.

In short these leagues have been run for the clubs and not the inefficient officials who seem to think that they're entitled.

Edited by Dev

That was not what was asked. What was said was to put up your hand if you would like to stay together.  It was just a show of hands Question Time style at the very start of the presentation.
It wasn't even that. It was a rhetorical question that was asked, "Who in this room doesn't want to stay together ?" Nobody really thought they were expecting to have to give an answer, but two clubs did put up their hands. It wasn't a question asking who does or doesn't want to join the pyramid.