Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I still half expect based on boundaries an official Tayside league to be formed in due course. Same status as new west. Where that feeds into for now is fairly irrelevant as no club has indicated interest in a license. Presumably with the same rights that the new west is awarding itself. Ie retain membership and junior cup access.
That leaves the west lothian mafia doing it's own thing staying completely junior out with the pyramid.
Literally leaves who ?
Tayport my local club in dire difficulties currently.
Just dont see them applying to eos so that ship will sail.
Anyone else marooned in those circumstances ?

Aren't Tayport marooning themselves here?

Aren't Tayport marooning themselves here?
Yes. I'm just asking who else who could end up without a league. Or a sensible league.
Eos applicants closes today.
Assume tayport dont apply.
Currently they remain in north part of east juniors.
Tayside league could spring up in next few weeks.
Boundary into play.
Tayport left with west Lothian mmmm.
Glad I'm only a spectator

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Yes. I'm just asking who else who could end up without a league. Or a sensible league.
Boundary into play.

Deadline date for applications is 31 March 2020 and ONLY IN VERY EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THIS BE EXTENDED.

I think Tayport trying to apply for the EoSFL in the wake of a Tayside league being formed alls into the exceptional circumstances category. However, I imagine any Tayside league would be looking to get into the Lowland League area as its intention. In which case Tayport would probably be sticking with Tayside anyway.

At the moment the North of HL/LL Boundary clubs have Angus clubs in the SPFL working in their favour, the apparent Luncarty EoSFL application and the general talk of SPFL reconstruction that can all aid their argument for entering the Lowland League pyramid.

2 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Flexible thinking indeed - are you also suggesting that Harthill and Fauldhouse should be able to join the WoSFL if they wish to progress within the Pyramid?

Why not? I’m for all clubs to be free to play at the level they wish to play it, in the league of their choice. Obviously,  so long as they are within the general  area (or the area is undefined) and that they qualify in terms of their infrastructure (including governance, ground and finance) to play in that league. The problem, as I see it,at the moment, is that the West region juniors have been left without any real choice.

Edited by DiamondOwl

Why not? I’m for all clubs to be free to play at the level they wish to play it, in the league of their choice. Obviously,  so long as they are within the general  area (or the area is undefined) and that they qualify in terms of their infrastructure (including governance, ground and finance) to play in that league. The problem, as I see it,at the moment, is that the West region juniors have been left without any real choice.
They did have a choice. But they have been told that they don't.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Boundary into play.

I have a good friend very closely connected with Tayport. He says they see themselves as a Dundee team and have to plans to apply to the EOS at present. No surprise there I know, but worth saying as the person involved knows what they are talking about.

26 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:
26 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

They did have a choice. But they have been told that they don't.

47 WSJFA clubs put in an Expression of Interest to the WoSL

That means 16 didn't.

If most of those 16 also don't apply to the WoSL, that could still leave a league that's bigger than the rump ESJFA (South), but would there be a WSJFA admin left to run it?

2 minutes ago, archieb said:

That means 16 didn't.

If most of those 16 also don't apply to the WoSL, that could still leave a league that's bigger than the rump ESJFA (South), but would there be a WSJFA admin left to run it?

If there wasn't, would that be a bad thing? The present management haven't exactly covered themselves in glory.

4 minutes ago, archieb said:

That means 16 didn't.

You're right. But I think that was before the deal keeping the clubs in the junior cup. I very much doubt they'll be enough left for a league. Without the ERSJFA stepping in to offer some clubs a home, the announcements will keep coming and the choice for the individual clubs will become non-existent.

That means 16 didn't.
Simple enough to elect a new committee from what is left though?

Isle of Arran (amateurs) expressed an interest so I'm told but waaaay too soon for them so unlikely to have applied. I dont believe they have even been in the mainland  league for very long so I suspect they might of been one of the teams that attended meeting/expressed interest but not in SJFA

Eta: came from a player rather than a club official so could be shite!

Edited by DavidMcG

2 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Isle of Arran (amateurs) expressed an interest so I'm told but waaaay too soon for them so unlikely to have applied. I dont believe they have even been in the mainland  league for very long so I suspect they might of been one of the teams that attended meeting/expressed interest but not in SJFA

Eta: came from a player so could be shite!

Everything you've posted on here has been shite.

Edited by Junior Pub League