Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:

What teams will be in the new Wosl, will it just be the same teams that was is in the junior west prem

there will be either 3 or 4 divisions of equal level and will be populated with teams accordingly

I would expect something similar to 
Kilwinning, Auchinleck, Pollok n Irvine meadow in each divisions

Then the next four teams in the premier in each divisions and then the same idea with the West regional championships and so on and so on and then teams outwith the junior teams who join, slotted in where they LL,EOS and SOS might think is best or applicable.

All divisions as stated will be level and named conference leagues and then the following year, final finishing's will result where they are placed in top division, second division and so on

13 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think with the manager asking the Thorniewood United committee about the pyramid and them stating they are staying junior is just typical of the attitude of many in the junior game.  There are many teams like that, some who have even already applied for the new WOS but it is what it is and they are just junior through and trough but with no vision as I'm sure they just thought things would never change.

If it was 30/40 years ago its fine but times change, less people playing football, youth teams folding as they don't have enough lads staying in football.  if you want to stay alive you need to have an open mind, a vision and try to progress.  You don't, eventually time will catch up with you and you will not be able to adapt.

I have no qualms if any team doesn't want to join the senior ranks or pyramid, whatever way they think of it. Its up to them and whatever decision they make they just have to deal with the consequences while others get on with their futures.

e

…. but the Manager says that he hasn't spoken to/seen the Committee since the last match. A lot has changed since then.

He also says that everyone is leaving for the new league or words to that effect.

Also Mr Ronney will be monitoring the situation as he has made it clear that he doesn't want any clubs left behind. He may fail to get everyone on-board but it won't be for the lack of effort on his part.

28 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

If the Thorniewood committee want to stay in the junior set up, ...

If you read the article it's more a case of what they wanted to do before the two partial PWG meetings happened. From what is stated all WRSJFA clubs are expected to move to the WoS and Thorniewood's manager thinks some won't like the way the conferences unfold if this season isn't completed.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

26 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Flexible thinking indeed - are you also suggesting that Harthill and Fauldhouse should be able to join the WoSFL if they wish to progress within the Pyramid?

Guessing that "Geographical Integrity" kicks in here so it would be a surprise if any West Lothian Juniors managed to get into the WoS.

There's a post on Fauldhouse fans Facebook pages on 29th March which spells out the changing situation in the West and East Regions of the Juniors. Fauldhouse fans, at least, can't say that they don't know the risks of a stand-still.

Edited by Dev

16 minutes ago, BMan said:

I assume the clubs applying for WoSFL will in turn be resigning from the WRJFA? Therefore, any clubs that decide to remain are still in the WRJFA which continues to run with a much reduced membership?

The Falkirk Fud must be at his tea when he's missed out red dotting you.

I think that 5 Conferences are more likely to fit in all fixtures, presuming all 63 Clubs apply. 

My preference for seeding would be current League positions averaged to end of season as this is the most recent data available. 

Rank every Club in bands of 5 and draw one Club from each band. Unfortunately this may not provide local derbies which could at least generate some interest and bigger crowds amongst a load of unattractive fixtures. 

I wonder how the East got round achieving local derbies within the Conference structure? 

1 minute ago, the rambler said:

I think that 5 Conferences are more likely to fit in all fixtures, presuming all 63 Clubs apply. 

My preference for seeding would be current League positions averaged to end of season as this is the most recent data available. 

Rank every Club in bands of 5 and draw one Club from each band. Unfortunately this may not provide local derbies which could at least generate some interest and bigger crowds amongst a load of unattractive fixtures. 

I wonder how the East got round achieving local derbies within the Conference structure? 

Unless there are a few non WRJFA clubs applying four would do. They operate in a 4 division league just now.

Also Mr Ronney will be monitoring the situation as he has made it clear that he doesn't want any clubs left behind. He may fail to get everyone on-board but it won't be for the lack of effort on his part.

His own club haven't announced anything yet.... [emoji848]

https://www.facebook.com/fauldhouseutdfanspage/

Fauldhouse United JFC fans page

29 March at 12:38 ·

Rob Mildren‎ to Fauldhouse United JFC fans page

29 March at 12:33 ·

I guess we would all like some real football to watch but in the meantime some big moves are happening in the East & West Juniors for next season.

So far Luncarty, Lochgelly Albert, Lochore Welfare, Kennoway Star Hearts, Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Newburgh, Rosyth Juniors and Thornton Hibs are all leaving the East Region Juniors and applying to join the East of Scotland leagues for next season

That leaves only enough teams for 1 South divison of the East Juniors with

Livingston Utd
Pumpherston Juniors
Whitburn Juniors
Armadale Thistle
Fauldhouse Utd
Bathgate Thistle
Harthill Royal
Stoneyburn Juniors
Syntenta
Bo'ness CFC
Linlithgow CFC
Sauchie CFC
West Calder Utd

Meanwhile in the west the teams are leaving the West Juniors to join the new West of Scotland League. Some of them might also maintain an SJFA affiliation but only so they can continue playing in the Junior Cup, which will be slotted in after league (definitely) and other cups (likely) take priority.

So far more than 30 of the 63 West Junior clubs have published statements to say they are applying to the West of Scotland League. The West Region Junior committee is recommending that ALL their clubs apply. They have until 7 April to get their application in, after that there may be no West Junior League.

Applications for the East of Scotland League close on 31 March.

9 minutes ago, Dev said:

…. but the Manager says that he hasn't spoken to/seen the Committee since the last match. A lot has changed since then.

He also says that everyone is leaving for the new league or words to that effect.

Yes I'm agreeing with everything your saying, as the manager said the last time they spoke the committee said they would be staying junior but things have changed.
They might move, they might not. they might move but would rather stay in the junior ranks, I don't know and certainly is not for me to say as I haven't  a clue what they would be thinking.
but as hazard a guess, which I could be totally wrong or right but  I don't even think the committee looked that much into the pyramid and how the WOS was shaping up until not long ago as they were never interested due to their views of junior football.  Again as I said that's fine by me, they have their views and how they see their club and the way they want it run etc...
Whatever decision they now make I hope it works out for them and the club.  I don't wanna see any club fold, that's for sure and want to see them continuing in a footballing capacity

2 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Unless there are a few non WRJFA clubs applying four would do. They operate in a 4 division league just now.

Such decisions will firstly depend on how many of the 63 apply (only a week to wait for that, unless there's another extension), then there'll need to be a further delay till we find out when competitive football can resume and therefore how long the next season (or part-season) will last.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

His own club haven't announced anything yet.... emoji848.png

Ref to his recent newspaper interview. 

Could they be one of the clubs that just won't make a formal announcement? Don't know.

Edited by Dev

7 minutes ago, the rambler said:

They didn't. What they did try to do was have their local rivals in each Conference play on International Weekends and New Years games to maximise the interest that was there.

LL16 Hawick Royal Albert A
EoS2 Lothian Thistle HV B
EoS3 Preston Athletic C
EoS4 Leith Athletic A
EoS5 Tynecastle B
EoS6 Heriot-Watt University C
EoS7 Peebles Rovers A
EoS8 Burntisland Shipyard B
EoS9 University of Stirling EoS C
EoS10 Coldstream A
EoS11 Eyemouth United B
EoS12 Ormiston C
EoS13 Tweedmouth Rangers A
SL1 Bonnyrigg Rose B
SL2 Linlithgow Rose C
SL3 Penicuik Athletic A
SL4 Dundonald Bluebell B
SL5 Broxburn Athletic C
SL7 Hill of Beath Hawthorn A
SL8 Bo'ness United B
SL9 Camelon Juniors C
SL11 Newtongrange Star A
SL13 Sauchie Juniors B
SL14 Jeanfield Swifts C
PL1 Musselburgh Athletic A
PL3 Haddington Athletic B
PL5 Blackburn United C
PL7 Dunbar United A
PL8 Tranent Juniors B
PL11 St Andrews United C
PL12 Arniston Rangers A
PL14 Dalkeith Thistle B
SD3 Edinburgh United C
SD4 Oakley United A
SD7 Crossgates Primrose B
SD9 Craigroyston C
SD11 Easthouses Lily MW A
C211 Dunipace B
Youth Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts C

That's assuming the season starts somewhere close to being on time. If it didn't start until September it would be nigh on impossible to fit in 30 league games by the start of May, along with cup ties.

2 minutes ago, archieb said:

Such decisions will firstly depend on how many of the 63 apply (only a week to wait for that, unless there's another extension), then there'll need to be a further delay till we find out when competitive football can resume and therefore how long the next season (or part-season) will last.

I guess that it will depend on the numbers of clubs but also upon when the season is likely to start and finish or if there's a strong chance that it may be interrupted by e.g. the virus? I would be inclined to be cautious with the numbers of clubs per conference given what's happening at present. Spare dates could be filled with Cups?

I still half expect based on boundaries an official Tayside league to be formed in due course. Same status as new west. Where that feeds into for now is fairly irrelevant as no club has indicated interest in a license. Presumably with the same rights that the new west is awarding itself. Ie retain membership and junior cup access.

That leaves the west lothian mafia doing it's own thing staying completely junior out with the pyramid.

Literally leaves who ?

Tayport my local club in dire difficulties currently.

Just dont see them applying to eos so that ship will sail.

Anyone else marooned in those circumstances ?

That's assuming the season starts somewhere close to being on time. If it didn't start until September it would be nigh on impossible to fit in 30 league games by the start of May, along with cup ties.
Plus the optional Scottish Junior Cup...