Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The juniors not long ago changed from regionalised below championship with Ayrshire league and 2 central divisions. Was the main reason for going  with 4 tiers  due to central teams unhappy about potentially being a further tier below than the weakest Ayrshire teams? Was it to facilitate more competitive divisions and teams finding their level more?

11 minutes ago, grazza said:

Assuming they go with 4 conferences initially would they then just look to replicate the juniors with 4 tiers?  I see the East had 3 but now a premier and 2 conference below that but looking at tables on wiki no plan to change it next year whether 3 tiers or regionalise below top of east. 

The latest LL/EoS/SoS/WJFA statement did say image.png.226673519fcaf4b23246f36508f0e72e.png

The one season only point has been said in some of the other statements. I don't think anyone can say accurately at this point what that actually means. Certainly the all Conferences at Tier 6 will be a single season solution.

When do we expect the rump of the juniors and the sjfa to actually endorse the rogue west plan to stay in the junior cup.
The silence from TJ , the east and the north is astonishing as the west juggarnaut gathers pace.

30 minutes ago, grazza said:

Assuming they go with 4 conferences initially would they then just look to replicate the juniors with 4 tiers?  I see the East had 3 but now a premier and 2 conference below that but looking at tables on wiki no plan to change it next year whether 3 tiers or regionalise below top of east. 

If just ONE club over and above the 63 Juniors and Drumchapel apply, eg Bonnyton, they might need to go for 5 conferences.

That would neatly fit actually, 5×13, 24 games just like the East conferences, and doable in a shortened season.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

When do we expect the rump of the juniors and the sjfa to actually endorse the rogue west plan to stay in the junior cup.
The silence from TJ , the east and the north is astonishing as the west juggarnaut gathers pace.

The North have contacted their members asking what they think about finishing the season and the cup/SJFA changes.

1. what should happen with this season as the likelihood, under the current circumstances, of any football before June will be very very slim which then means the season would continue possibly through past the start of next season unless teams were asked to play at least 3 times a week. A couple of suggestions are null and void or places based on average points system which would allow promotion/relegation.

2. The West Junior Clubs want to form a West of Scotland League which would mean leaving the Juniors and forming a new association, however they still want to be affiliated to the Juniors so they can take part in the Scottish Junior Cup with the proviso that the West of Scotland League Fixtures take precedent. They also want no replays, which the North Region has previously recommended but were rejected by the West at the time.

At the SJFA AGM, 3rd Saturday in June.

Plus Beith (See NLS). Now 37.

37 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying:    
Premiership (12) Championship (11) League One (8) League Two (5) Others (1)
Auchinleck Talbot Arthurlie Bellshill Athletic Ashfield Drumchapel Utd PYM
Beith Juniors Blantyre Victoria Glasgow Perthshire Johnstone Burgh  
Clydebank Cambuslang Rangers Greenock Juniors Newmains United  
Glenafton Athletic Cumbernauld United Kello Rovers Vale of Clyde  
Irvine Meadow XI Darvel Larkhall Thistle Vale of Leven  
Kilbirnie Ladeside Gartcairn Juniors Maryhill    
Kilwinning Rangers Kilsyth Rangers Port Glasgow Juniors    
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Neilston Juniors Royal Albert    
Largs Thistle Petershill      
Pollok Renfrew      
Rutherglen Glencairn Whitletts Victoria      
Troon        

Not known to have applied so far:      
Benburb Craigmark Burntonians Ardrossan Winton Rovers Annbank United  
Cumnock Juniors Dalry Thistle Carluke Rovers Ardeer Thistle  
Hurlford United Irvine Victoria East Kilbride Thistle Forth Wanderers  
Rossvale Shotts Bon Accord Girvan Lugar Boswell Thistle  
  St Roch's Lanark United Maybole Juniors   
    Lesmahagow Juniors Muirkirk Juniors  
    Shettleston Saltcoats Victoria  
    Wishaw Juniors St Anthony's  
      Thorniewood United  
      Yoker Athletic  

8 hours ago, BMan said:

He's still at it. I think my crime was not paying him any attention and ignoring his posts. He doesn't like that. He needs dealt with by the moderators or some help.

Guy can’t help himself and the funny thing is he actually report posters to moderators himself, rather than take hints from those who highlight his issue.

22 minutes ago, grazza said:

The juniors not long ago changed from regionalised below championship with Ayrshire league and 2 central divisions. Was the main reason for going  with 4 tiers  due to central teams unhappy about potentially being a further tier below than the weakest Ayrshire teams? Was it to facilitate more competitive divisions and teams finding their level more?

It was , at least partly , due to the Ayrshire League having dropped to 11 teams, ie only 10 home games, that season.

The statement at the time also mentioned new motorway connections, eg M77, as making the traditional Ayrshire/Central split no longer necessary.

I quite clearly remember reading the statement at the time.

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The North have contacted their members asking what they think about finishing the season and the cup/SJFA changes.

No mention at all of the North region moving into the pyramid themselves.

Plus Shotts Bon Accord (Source: NLS) so now 38 with 12 from the Premiership and also from the Championship.

37 out of 63 West Juniors clubs - almost 60%, with eight days to go to the 7th April deal-line.

26 West Juniors plans not yet known.

Anyone know of further announcements likely today/tomorrow? Pyramidic?

I'll do an up-dated list at the end of this evening. 

Edited by Dev

1 hour ago, grazza said:

The principal reason for the restructuring was to create larger divisions so that clubs had a greater number of guaranteed home fixtures. Most worryingly, the Ayrshire division had been reduced to 11 clubs , giving only 10 home fixtures, which was not providing enough income to survive on.

37 minutes ago, Dev said:

Plus Shotts Bon Accord (Source: NLS) so now 38 with 12 from the Premiership and also from the Championship.

37 out of 63 West Juniors clubs - almost 60%, with eight days to go to the 7th April deal-line.

26 West Juniors plans not yet known.

Anyone know of further announcements likely today/tomorrow? Pyramidic?

I'll do an up-dated list at the end of this evening. 

Like yourself Dev I use NLS, Twitter, Facebook and Press Reports. I understand that a League One club may release their statement later on this evening or tomorrow. One to look out for.

Edited by Pyramidic

2 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Like yourself Dev I use NLS, Twitter, Facebook and Press Reports. I understand that a League One may release their statement later on this evening or tomorrow. One to look out for.

Girvan????