Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 hours ago, the rambler said:

And the League has to finish by the last Saturday in April that is 9 months or 39/40 Saturdays. Add 4 midweek dates in August but deduct 4 Saturdays for bad weather.

If the season doesn't start until September can the 30th April end date for League games be pushed back? Of course depends on LL.

Just to point out there is no end of April cut off to finish in time for the LL play-of, it can go into May like this season when the EOS Premier/SOS was supposed to finish on 2nd May.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So its looking likely everyone will end up signing up as there won't be much left behind. When it comes to Conferences does anyone have a preference to how they would be sorted?

1. Division/Points from 2019/20.
  2. Division/Average PPG from 2019-20.
  3. Division/Points+Average PPG for outstanding fixtures from 2019-20.
  4. If 2019-20 is ruled null & void using the 2018-19 final tables

Number 2 is the least worst option, 1 is unfair on those who have games in hand, 3 is a bit too speculative. Would be interesting to see the difference between the current tables and the PPG tables...

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

The names from each Division are put in 4 separate bags. Then drawn out so each conference has 4 Premership clubs, 4 Championship, 4 League One and 4 League 2. Then divided up at the end of the season in the same format for the following seasons League.

EDIT : Nobody going to point out the obvious flaw in this plan? Which bag to put the non-Junior entrants in? These would need to be randomly chosen as well.

Not sure if this is a joke? The conferences are supposed to be roughly equal in terms of quality, which is why teams are listed in division order from 1 to 64+ and every fourth team would be assigned to Conference A, B, C, D etc. Having a random draw means one conference could have an uneven distribution of teams, like the top 4 from the Premiership for example.

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that it would be better to have conferences at tier 8 going forward.  The essence of a pyramid is that it gets wider towards the lower levels.

The entire point of conferences is to create roughly equal leagues where you can then cream off the top x in each to create a new division. - they're not supposed to be used year after year.

If you don't want to go for a linear structure then you can split tier 8 into regional divisions - similar to what the ERJFA (with North/South) and WRJFA (Central/Ayrshire) had previously.

Was it 10 votes each? That's a lot for A!
It's the number of shares. Some supporters may have 1 share, others have 50 or more depending on how many they have purchased etc. I have around 10 and that will be average for supporters with shares I reckon.

Just now, Shannon said:
11 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Was it 10 votes each? That's a lot for A!

It's the number of shares. Some supporters may have 1 share, others have 50 or more depending on how many they have purchased etc. I have around 10 and that will be average for supporters with shares I reckon.

ah ok makes sense

In my view, the WoSFL's tier 8 (for 2021/22), should be regionalised to reduce the costs for the smaller clubs.

I was never a fan of the 4 all in leagues in the West, imo it would have been better to split into regional divisions below the championship, whether that was on a North/South or East/West dividing line. I know that wasn't ideal with the old Ayrshire/Central mindset still to the fore, but with a blank sheet to start with it would make sense imo to go back to a regional split at Tier 8.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

In my view, the WoSFL's tier 8 (for 2021/22), should be regionalised to reduce the costs for the smaller clubs.

As I've already pointed out, it's only 2 years since the West region abandoned regionalisation below the Championship following a decisive vote so suggesting it should be reinstated in the new WoSL makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, archieb said:

As I've already pointed out, it's only 2 years since the West region abandoned regionalisation below the Championship following a decisive vote so suggesting it should be reinstated in the new WoSL makes no sense.

Maybe after 1.5 years of it (and another to follow, albeit as conferences) clubs realise it's a bit daft? 😂

10 minutes ago, archieb said:

Is the vote nearly 3 years old now. Its a question that will be asked due to the nature of next season. If it was so decisive there's nothing to worry about.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Maybe after 1.5 years of it (and another to follow, albeit as conferences) clubs realise it's a bit daft? 😂

It will be a new set-up so, in future, why should Premiership and Championship clubs have any say in what happens at the current League 1 and 2 level?

It's the clubs at the lower levels which will be those directly affected so let them vote on what they want. If they choose to regionalise then that's fair enough, likewise if they come up with something along the lines of one division per Tier.

Regionalised lowest divisions would make the transition up from the Amateur/Youth levels easier i.e. encourages the pyramid to function as a link as opposed to a glass ceiling!  

It will be a new set-up so, in future, why should Premiership and Championship clubs have any say in what happens at the current League 1 and 2 level?
It's the clubs at the lower levels which will be those directly affected so let them vote on what they want. If they choose to regionalise then that's fair enough, likewise if they come up with something along the lines of one division per Tier.
Regionalised lowest divisions would make the transition up from the Amateur/Youth levels easier i.e. encourages the pyramid to function as a link as opposed to a glass ceiling!  
It's a whole new set up, teams all start on an equal footing and there is no guarantee who will end up where after the first season of conferences. Even beyond that teams will drop down the way, of course they should have a say in what the overall set up is. The LL have made it clear that all decisions will be democratic, and it's one club one vote.

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

Can't see how you're ever going to have changes put through for a league where only some members are allowed to vote?

10 minutes ago, Dev said:

Everyone in the EoS got a vote in how their league structure will evolve once they were voting members. Everything has the potential to impact them as well since promotion and relegation works both ways.