Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, happy said:

It is all a bit Eurovision when the statement posts come in. ☺ 

Except there can only be one sensible  way to vote.

Port Glasgow dury, Were in.

Arthurlie, In.

Kello Rovers,  In.

Rutherglen, dury,We thought about it.........In.

Now over to the Petershill dury,   Were in.

What about the Ian Dury?

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm not sure that one word would describe their position. However, It seems very much in line with the five stages of grief, somewhere between "Denial and Isolation" and "Anger"

image.jpeg.15b1a5e677c06f0027538e7c1b69b035.jpeg

Next season they may go through the "Depression" stage, and then enter the "Bargaining" stage with the EOSFL to see at what tier they can enter the pyramid, and finally "Acceptance" of what they are offered at tier 8 or whatever.

What do the ERJFA West Lothian clubs now want? What on earth are they aiming to achieve?

Do they have a “Gordon Ronney” ? Someone who can negotiate on their behalf?

Or are they still relying on TJ to conjure up some magic beans.

It all seems so sad and unnecessary.

Dev, any chance of starting a table with the new WOSFL teams SJFA plans? 
There are four categories at the moment. 
1 Clubs that have confirmed they will remain members of the SJFA while playing in the WOSFL eg Gartcairn
2 Teams that are definitely resigning fron the SJFA eg Kilwinning
3 Sides that have not declared one way or the other eg Cambuslang
4 Clubs that are asking their shareholders/supporters which way to go eg Irvine and Shotts
Cheers

Kilwinning haven't said they are resigning from the SJFA.

5 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

What do the ERJFA West Lothian clubs now want? 1950 What on earth are they aiming to achieve? Dirty protest!

Do they have a “Gordon Ronney” ? No Someone who can negotiate on their behalf? As last 2 years have proven, no

Or are they still relying on TJ to conjure up some magic beans. You'd like to think even they aren't that dim.

It all seems so sad and unnecessary.

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Apparently if you didn't give an email address at AGM (like me as I wasn't there!) it's snailmail. Anyway, per above!

Look out for the letter/email as there are 2 additional pages about membership issues as well as the piece appearing on the website (as quoted by cmontheloknow).

Vale of Leven

Vale apply to join new WEST OF SCOTLAND LEAGUE   

After a series of recent meetings between the Lowland League, East of Scotland League, South of Scotland League and representatives from the West Region SJFA with regard to the formation of a new West of Scotland League for next season, details were released yesterday of how clubs should apply.

At present, the East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues sit in the tier below the Lowland League in the Scottish football pyramid. The formation of a new West of Scotland League will provide a geographical balance and allow a route for ambitious clubs in the west of the country to progress through the Scottish football system.

Having attended 2 informative meetings and taken into account the recomendations from Mondays PWG meeting the Vale of Leven officials and Management team believe that joining the new West of Scotland League is the only viable option to us. At the moment we have the option to retain our SJFA membership subject to SJFA rule changes allowing clubs to do this, which will allow us to still participate in the Scottish Junior Cup. 

We see this as a great opportunity for our Club with exciting new challenges ahead which we look forward to both on and off the park. 

Along with the expansion of our youth set up we believe this is a significant step forward with exciting times ahead for everyone connected with our Club.

The exact details of how the League will be set up and organised are still a matter for ongoing discussion and the Club will release further details as this information becomes available. Hopefully all existing 63 members of the West Region SJFA will sign up and with a few other notes of interest from outside clubs it seems likely that the legues will be on seeded conferences for the first year to determine which division clubs will be placed for subsequent years.

Edited by Pyramidic

9 minutes ago, energyzone said:

My apologies. I thought I had seen an interview with their chairman saying they were leaving. 

Have they confirmed they are staying in?

4 hours ago, glensmad said:
5 hours ago, Robert James said:
Some clubs are still considering/consulting - the revised
"Lowland WoSFL closing date for applications",
namely the 7th April, is still some way off.

Yes, but my point was that some clubs have formally applied but haven't announced it. They can't still be consulting as they have actually applied.

Good news if the numbers are higher.

However some clubs are still 'deliberating', and some others are probably intentionally holding back, for now.

Vale of Leven might be another club for the U20s as they currently have an Under 21s team.

15 minutes ago, energyzone said:

According to this article which quotes Colin Boyd, they are https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-pyramid-masterplan-agreed-juniors-21753119

Kilwinning: Why we won't keep SJFA membership

Kilwinning Rangers had already applied for the new league before this week’s breakthrough and are set to relinquish their membership of the SJFA in pursuit of a bright future.

Chairman Colin Boyd said: “Not much has changed. We won’t be keeping our membership of the SJFA.

“We are probably going into a 16 or 18 team league. There will be the South Challenge Cup, the Alex Jack Cup and we will need to create a West League Cup. That gives us three cups and adding a fourth in the Junior Cup I just don’t see possible.

“We are not losing any of our history. The Buffs have left the Juniors before and have come back into it.

“We have never considered ourselves overly a Junior club - we are a football club. The only change for us is the guys that run the league.

“We will still play the same teams and have the same friendships and rivalries.

“We moved ground two years ago and the whole purpose of that was based on entry criteria to the SFA. There was really no option for us but to continue down the path to the pyramid.

“We had to look after ourselves after investing heavily in moving ground. We wholeheartedly go into the new set-up and look forward rather than looking back.”

@parkcircus

West of Scotland League Update

Pollok Football Club has circulated the below letter to its members regarding plans to apply to join the West of Scotland League.

27th March 2020

Dear Pollok FC Members,

Firstly, we hope you are well and are coping at this difficult time. As you know we had hoped to hold an EGM on March 24 th but had to cancel this due to Scottish Government advice to restrict large gatherings.

The EGM was called to update Pollok F.C. Members on the proposed move to the SFA pyramid. The following is a summary of outcomes to date from meetings between the West Region Scottish Junior Football Association (WRSJFA), the Lowland League (LL), the East of Scotland League (EoSL) and the South of Scotland League (SoSL).

There is general agreement that the most satisfactory situation would be to move all West Region junior clubs to the pyramid and for all clubs to enter at tier 6 with, in all probability, a number of parallel conferences in season 2020-2021 that will determine which leagues clubs will be in for the subsequent season.

This would be a West of Scotland league (WoSL) with promotion available to the LL via a play-off system for the league champion, if licensed.
* Clubs could retain membership of the SJFA.
* The WoSL would be governed by a new board elected by the member clubs and with administrative support from the LL/EoSL/SoSL.
* The Scottish Junior Cup Competition could remain.
* Clubs would compete in the South Challenge Cup and, if licensed, would gain automatic entry to the Scottish Cup.
* There would be no “cherry picking” of teams to join the WoSL and the WRSJFA have been contacting all the clubs in the region and encouraging them to join the new WoSL.

It has been impossible to hold committee meetings and our EGM at this time. Pollok F.C. officials have discussed these options over the past two weeks and we believe the proposed plan is a positive step to keeping WRSJFA clubs together while joining the SFA pyramid. 

We will apply to join the newly proposed WoSL, retain SJFA membership and compete in the Scottish Junior Cup next season.

Whilst all applications made by the extended deadline of April 7th will be treated in confidence by the LL, so far over 20 clubs have publicly declared that they have applied including four Premiership clubs. We fully expect that number to more than double.

If you have any questions we will do our best to answer them. Please email these to info@pollokfc.com

Best wishes,

Stuart McCulloch 
Secretary

Tom Gilliland
President

Graham Milne
Vice President

Edited by Pyramidic

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Vale of Leven might be another club for the U20s as they currently have an Under 21s team.

According to this article which quotes Colin Boyd, they are https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-pyramid-masterplan-agreed-juniors-21753119

Kilwinning: Why we won't keep SJFA membership

Kilwinning Rangers had already applied for the new league before this week’s breakthrough and are set to relinquish their membership of the SJFA in pursuit of a bright future.

Chairman Colin Boyd said: “Not much has changed. We won’t be keeping our membership of the SJFA.

“We are probably going into a 16 or 18 team league. There will be the South Challenge Cup, the Alex Jack Cup and we will need to create a West League Cup. That gives us three cups and adding a fourth in the Junior Cup I just don’t see possible.

“We are not losing any of our history. The Buffs have left the Juniors before and have come back into it.

“We have never considered ourselves overly a Junior club - we are a football club. The only change for us is the guys that run the league.

“We will still play the same teams and have the same friendships and rivalries.

“We moved ground two years ago and the whole purpose of that was based on entry criteria to the SFA. There was really no option for us but to continue down the path to the pyramid.

“We had to look after ourselves after investing heavily in moving ground. We wholeheartedly go into the new set-up and look forward rather than looking back.”

@parkcircus

That's the article I saw. I knew I wasn't going crazy🙄

40 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

What do the ERJFA West Lothian clubs now want?  I don't support one of them, but I'd hazard a guess..... People to leave them alone and stop telling them what to do 

What on earth are they aiming to achieve? To play junior football in a local competitive league. 

Do they have a “Gordon Ronney” ? Someone who can negotiate on their behalf? I'm sure they have no desire for or any need for anyone to negotiate on their behalf. They're fine as they are.

Or are they still relying on TJ to conjure up some magic beans. Who knows. I think they'll survive without magic beans

It all seems so sad and unnecessary. To you maybe, but what seems sad to me is the mess of the compromise that's been agreed in the west. Teams are going Senior but at the same time still staying Junior to compete in a cup. It seems no one wants genuine Junior Football anymore.

6 minutes ago, DiamondOwl said:

It all seems so sad and unnecessary. To you maybe, but what seems sad to me is the mess of the compromise that's been agreed in the west. Teams are going Senior but at the same time still staying Junior to compete in a cup. It seems no one wants genuine Junior Football anymore.

I am not quite sure I know what is meant by "genuine Junior Football".   Is there some sort if insincere Junior Football out there?

Edited by Ian38018