Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Don’t see why people are so bothered about conferences, it’s one season. It worked fine in the East, yes there will be the odd cricket score if the big guns go for it against the weaker teams but fans visit new grounds and small clubs get some good paydays and everyone gets the same opportunity to find their level in one season. Clubs don’t have to join next season if they don’t want to they can wait and join at the bottom once the divisions are formed. Every team is new to the WOSFL they all start as equals.
Very much this. It's a new league, a new beginning. You cant join something new and set the terms under which you will agree to join.

I'd say that there will be some surprises along the way and I doubt that everyone in the top league will make it back to it after the first season of conferences.

Conferences were good in the east. Not sure they are a forever thing but they have worked well thus far.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

Dev, any chance of starting a table with the new WOSFL teams SJFA plans? 

There are four categories at the moment. 

1 Clubs that have confirmed they will remain members of the SJFA while playing in the WOSFL eg Gartcairn

2 Teams that are definitely resigning fron the SJFA eg Kilwinning

3 Sides that have not declared one way or the other eg Cambuslang

4 Clubs that are asking their shareholders/supporters which way to go eg Irvine and Shotts

Cheers

I have info on some clubs which have previously indicated that they are in favour of entering into the pyramid (some only if it is run by the Juniors) so I can add that. There's also some other clubs which have copied the joint pyramid statement (Lowland/EoS/SoS/West Juniors) onto their web sites and or social media, which may be a good clue about their interest? 

If anyone knows of clubs coming in which have expressed an interest in entering the under 20's Development League then that's covered in the Lowland League thread.

No idea about no.1 above. As far as I have seen Pollok are also consulting as in no.4.

Given that over 40% of West Juniors have/will be applying and have gone public about it I believe that from now on it's all a bit academic!  I suspect that, at most, there would only be a handful of clubs which won't have applied by Monday. I think, if that is the case, then the Lowland League will be quietly liaising with Gordon Ronney over letting these non-applicants know the score. All will be in by the dead-line.

Edited by Dev

18 hours ago, glensmad said:

You have to wonder why some of these teams who have applied haven't announced it ?

Some clubs are still considering/consulting - the revised

"Lowland WoSFL closing date for applications",

namely the 7th April, is still some way off.

Edited by Robert James
additional question added and typo

11 minutes ago, Dev said:

I have info on some clubs which have previously indicated that they are in favour of entering into the pyramid (some only if it is run by the Juniors) so I can add that. There's also some other clubs which have copied the joint pyramid statement (Lowland/EoS/SoS/West Juniors) onto their web sites and or social media, which may be a good clue about their interest? 

If anyone knows of clubs coming in which have expressed an interest in entering the under 20's Development League then that's covered in the Lowland League thread.

No idea about no.1 above. As far as I have seen Pollok are also consulting as in no.4.

Given that over 40% of West Juniors have/will be applying and have gone public about it I believe that from now on it's all a bit academic now!  I suspect that at most there would only be a handful of clubs which won't have applied by Monday. I think that, if that is the case then the Lowland League will be quietly liaising with Gordon Ronney over letting these non-applicants know the score. All will be in by the dead-line.

We may have crossed wires Dev. I fully expect all 63 teams to move across to the WOSFL. I'm more interested in how many will continue to play in the Junior Cup and pay their dues to the SJFA. 

The 4 categories are based on the teams which have already declared their applications. And obviously as more teams declare we can add them to one of the 4.

20 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

We may have crossed wires Dev. I fully expect all 63 teams to move across to the WOSFL. I'm more interested in how many will continue to play in the Junior Cup and pay their dues to the SJFA. 

The 4 categories are based on the teams which have already declared their applications. And obviously as more teams declare we can add them to one of the 4.

That saves me some work!

Yes, but my point was that some clubs have formally applied but haven't announced it. They can't still be consulting as they have actually applied.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Yes, but my point was that some clubs have formally applied but haven't announced it. They can't still be consulting as they have actually applied.

I suppose some clubs are delaying their response to avoid any unhelpful negativity from a (small) portion of their support base. From my regular perusal of P&B there now appears very little negativity towards the emerging WoSFL.

In contrast I continue to find it very difficult to understand the blinkered position of the West Lothian Junior clubs. Given the rapid changes in the position of the WRJFA clubs, the position of the ERJFA West Lothian clubs now appears completely out of sync and bordering on the futile and bloody-minded. There must be a better word to describe their position.

53 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Its not exactly unusual. There's meant to be 8 applicants to the EoSFL but only 6 are public.

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

In contrast I continue to find it very difficult to understand the blinkered position of the West Lothian Junior clubs. Given the rapid changes in the position of the WRJFA clubs, the position of the ERJFA West Lothian clubs now appears completely out of sync and bordering on the futile and bloody-minded. There must be a better word to describe their position.

I'm not sure that one word would describe their position. However, It seems very much in line with the five stages of grief, somewhere between "Denial and Isolation" and "Anger"

image.jpeg.15b1a5e677c06f0027538e7c1b69b035.jpeg

Next season they may go through the "Depression" stage, and then enter the "Bargaining" stage with the EOSFL to see at what tier they can enter the pyramid, and finally "Acceptance" of what they are offered at tier 8 or whatever.

Edited by Footballfirst

It is all a bit Eurovision when the statement posts come in. ☺ 

Except there can only be one sensible  way to vote.

Port Glasgow dury, Were in.

Arthurlie, In.

Kello Rovers,  In.

Rutherglen, dury,We thought about it.........In.

Now over to the Petershill dury,   Were in.

3 minutes ago, happy said:

It is all a bit Eurovision when the statement posts come in. ☺ 

Except there can only be one sensible  way to vote.

Port Glasgow dury, Were in.

Arthurlie, In.

Kello Rovers,  In.

Rutherglen, dury,We thought about it.........In.

Now over to the Petershill dury,   Were in.

But what about Talbot?

2 minutes ago, Chis said:

Why does everyone want to know about Talbot?. Is everyone so infatuated about them that they don't ask about other Clubs?

No, its just that you support Talbot so ive asked about ure team.  Ive asked others on Twitter about their teams.  Nothing spec ial about Talbot my friend, believe me.

I think I can safely say that Talbot, with a very experienced committee, will take everything into consideration very carefully when making their decision and will inform their supporters before going public as has been their practice in the past. Let's hope that puts this to rest.

11 minutes ago, Chis said:

I think I can safely say that Talbot, with a very experienced committee, will take everything into consideration very carefully when making their decision and will inform their supporters before going public as has been their practice in the past. Let's hope that puts this to rest.

Talbot have already said enough on the matter that we all know they will have already applied. They're smart enough to know where things were going and they get to remain in the Junior Cup. Job done.