Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Soul Mates

image.png.9b3b54d9874da4ce280c2158a00a829d.png

"Better wait and see if you still exist"  said West Lothian based philosopher Friedrich Nietzche of Main Street, Armadale during the coronavirus pandemic of Spring 2020. 

Edited by Che Dail

Glasgow Perthshire:

21 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying:

Premiership (4) Championship (9) League One (5) League Two (2) Others (1)
Clydebank Arthurlie Bellshill Athletic Newmains United Drumchapel Utd PYM
Kilwinning Rangers Blantyre Victoria Glasgow Perthshire Vale of Clyde  
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Cambuslang Rangers Kello Rovers    
Rutherglen Glencairn Cumbernauld United Maryhill    
  Gartcairn Juniors Royal Albert    
  Kilsyth Rangers      
  Neilston Juniors      
  Renfrew      
  Whitletts Victoria      

Not known to have applied so far:      
Auchinleck Talbot Craigmark Burntonians Ardrossan Winton Rovers Annbank United  
Beith Juniors Dalry Thistle Carluke Rovers Ardeer Thistle  
Benburb Darvel East Kilbride Thistle Ashfield  
Cumnock Juniors Irvine Victoria Girvan Forth Wanderers  
Glenafton Athletic Petershill Greenock Juniors Johnstone Burgh  
Hurlford United Shotts Bon Accord Lanark United Lugar Boswell Thistle  
Irvine Meadow XI St Roch's Larkhall Thistle Maybole Juniors  
Kilbirnie Ladeside   Lesmahagow Juniors Muirkirk Juniors  
Largs Thistle   Port Glasgow Juniors Saltcoats Victoria  
Pollok   Shettleston St Anthony's  
Rossvale   Wishaw Juniors Thorniewood United  
Troon     Vale of Leven  
      Yoker Athletic  

24 minutes ago, Dev said:

Glasgow Perthshire:

21 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying:

Premiership (4) Championship (9) League One (5) League Two (2) Others (1)
Clydebank Arthurlie Bellshill Athletic Newmains United Drumchapel Utd PYM
Kilwinning Rangers Blantyre Victoria Glasgow Perthshire Vale of Clyde  
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Cambuslang Rangers Kello Rovers    
Rutherglen Glencairn Cumbernauld United Maryhill    
  Gartcairn Juniors Royal Albert    
  Kilsyth Rangers      
  Neilston Juniors      
  Renfrew      
  Whitletts Victoria      

Not known to have applied so far:      
Auchinleck Talbot Craigmark Burntonians Ardrossan Winton Rovers Annbank United  
Beith Juniors Dalry Thistle Carluke Rovers Ardeer Thistle  
Benburb Darvel East Kilbride Thistle Ashfield  
Cumnock Juniors Irvine Victoria Girvan Forth Wanderers  
Glenafton Athletic Petershill Greenock Juniors Johnstone Burgh  
Hurlford United Shotts Bon Accord Lanark United Lugar Boswell Thistle  
Irvine Meadow XI St Roch's Larkhall Thistle Maybole Juniors  
Kilbirnie Ladeside   Lesmahagow Juniors Muirkirk Juniors  
Largs Thistle   Port Glasgow Juniors Saltcoats Victoria  
Pollok   Shettleston St Anthony's  
Rossvale   Wishaw Juniors Thorniewood United  
Troon     Vale of Leven  
      Yoker Athletic  

I thought Maybole had applied. I could be mistaken but I'm sure there was a reference to it a few pages ago.

On 25/03/2020 at 14:46, craigkillie said:

I think Rob Roy will be the first ever team from East Dunbartonshire to play in a senior league. I think that would leave Argyll & Bute, Na h-Eileanan Siar (Western Isles), Shetland and Orkney as the only ones who have still never had a team in a senior league.

Not really, Craig. Cumbernauld was the eastern part (or parish) of historic East Dunbartonshire for many decades, well over a century at least, before the old counties were reorganised in the seventies.

Clyde FC, a Glasgow club has been based in Cumbernauld since 1994, which is quite befitting considering Cumbernauld is a massive Glasgow overspill. Cumbernauld Colts... and now Cumbernauld United and Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (who are based in Cumbernauld Utd's ground, in the Village) have joined the two existing seniors in the old historic county.

But for some strange reason Cumbernauld new town, and all its Glaswegian residents therein, was detached from its historic roots and put into North Lanarkshire Council along with the old industrial towns of Airdrie and Coatbridge, which apart from consuming large amounts of Buckfast Tonic Wine (the Buckfast Triangle, lol), attending Airdrie Sheriff Court, and Monklands Hospital, it had no real cultural ties or connections... but such is life.

On another note, best of luck to all the clubs applying to the the long awaited West of Scotland Football League. Without any doubts, within a couple of years it will be the best and strongest tier six league in Scotland.

Re: U20s Whittlets we’re keen but next season might be too soon. Kilwinning were interested in a Friday night 21s last year, unsure about this. Similar with Gartcairn.

We haven’t put in an application yet. Very keen for it to happen. Still to sit down with important people at the club and discuss. Believe the LL agm needs to change its rules to let wos teams in also. 

8 minutes ago, BTID said:

Re: U20s Whittlets we’re keen but next season might be too soon. Kilwinning were interested in a Friday night 21s last year, unsure about this. Similar with Gartcairn.

We haven’t put in an application yet. Very keen for it to happen. Still to sit down with important people at the club and discuss. Believe the LL agm needs to change its rules to let wos teams in also. 

The spelling & grammar police have got their beadies on you. Either spell the club name correctly or GTF.

Whitletts Victoria...it isn't difficult.

Similarly, we can't allow Gartcairn to play any part in this revolution if they can't spell the word "through" correctly. This would lead our members in the aforementioned S & G police to conclude that they are one of these new-fangled "soccer" clubs who ply their trade in an un-terraced "cage" environment to the disadvantage of us wee cuntos who cannae see wtf is going on during the course of the game.

Apart from that...this is great. Once the big Ayrshire clubs join in this will have the makings of the basis for a proper system. After that, the Buffs will no doubt crash and burn again. As usual. :angel

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Oh I know all about that, just the fact that they said "no chance" when there actually is a chance, given clubs in the east have done so with similar constraints. I've previously overlayed Bonnyrigg's lighting design from their planning application onto Newlandsfield and the light spill seemed to be within limits at the residential building.

According to google maps Haddington have a care home building 20m from their spectator railing, which is the same as the closest point of the Newlandsfield flats. Their lighting design says 4 lux at that building, so if they can do it why can't a club like Pollok do it as well?

87510530_2796784487043352_922743697429233664_o.jpg

87979472_2797651750289959_2841437100451037184_o.jpg

You just may get more planning objections. That's what would stop it.

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

There's also that little thing called money. Not just for floodlights. I imagine most clubs will have some other facilities to touch up. No point in rushing floodlights up in time for February if their licencing application will fail to meet some other criteria.

29 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I really find the hard to understand. I would love to stay in those flats or the one at Cumbernauld. I know very few show interest, but would they be that anti-neighbour to deny the opportunity to play a few games a year under lights? They'll already have a few 7.00pm KO's anyway. They bought a house 20 yards from a football ground, what did they expect?

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I really find the hard to understand. I would love to stay in those flats or the one at Cumbernauld. I know very few show interest, but would they be that anti-neighbour to deny the opportunity to play a few games a year under lights? They'll already have a few 7.00pm KO's anyway. They bought a house 20 yards from a football ground, what did they expect?

Not everyone loves football and a lot of people love a complaint!!

19 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not everyone loves football and a lot of people love a complaint!!

I understand that too, but they can't have bought those flats without giving the possibilities some thought.

Buyer: What's the big green thing over there?

Estate agent: Errm, it's your drying green. I'll knock £500.00 off if we finalise today.

Presuming clubs will still be allowed a 1400/1430 KO time in winter if they wish it and the floodlights were only used for midweek ties how often would it bother the neebors over a season? A handful of times? Despite objections the council can dingy them if it's for the greater good of the area. A coupla bawbags greeting about having to shut their curtains four Thursdays a year can go slap themselves.

Boyd said that they were leaving Abbey Park.
The fans didn't like it.
The Buffs are now at Pennyburn.
Boyd says that they're leaving the Juniors.
The fans might not like that either.
Guess what happens.
There was a vote as to whether to move ground or not which finished about 70% - 30% in favour of going. Most fans in Kilwinning I've spoken to appreciated the need for the move. The new facility doesn't have 10% of the character of Abbey Park, but character and history doesn't attract players or win you games.

As for the juniors - unless the SJFA or West Region have magically managed to convince the LL/EOS clubs to take part in the junior cup then the competition has had it's time and there's no real reason to stay affiliated to the SJFA.

Boyd said that they were leaving Abbey Park.
The fans didn't like it.
The Buffs are now at Pennyburn.
Boyd says that they're leaving the Juniors.
The fans might not like that either.
Guess what happens.
Dear oh dear. [emoji1751]

A bit upset that people are now seeing through all this and realising the truth ?

17 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

At least one EOS club that put up their lights didn't require to  put in planning permission for the lights - its somewhere in the forum.

Wasn't is something like the club's floodlights were portable so didn't need Planning Permission in order to get them up and running so the Licence Application could go through? Maybe Camelon or Jeanfield but the lights have now been fixed or replaced with permanent ones.