Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

19 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Glad you are keeping track !

Methinks there may be a flurry today !

It's gone from Who Dares Put Their Heads Above The Parapet  to  a Race to Jump Onto The Band-Wagon. At least the task won't carry on for very long.

It looks as though there is peace at last and the WoS will start out as a cracking league! The ramifications are clear to see for the higher Tier leagues already.

2 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Can someone tell me the name of Drumchapel United's home ground?  I cant seem to find it anywhere.

The youth setup use the donald dewar centre but wouldnt be suprised if they end using glenhead park where clydebank played at when they first went juniors 

1 minute ago, Dev said:

It's gone from Who Dares Put Their Heads Above The Parapet  to  a Race to Jump Onto The Band-Wagon. At least the task won't carry on for very long.

It looks as though there is peace at last and the WoS will start out as a cracking league! The ramifications are clear to see for the higher Tier leagues already.

We'll hit 30 made-public applications by tea time !

Edited by Doonhamer1969

Just now, megaspinnernet2 said:

The youth setup use the donald dewar centre but wouldnt be suprised if they end using glenhead park where clydebank played at when they first went juniors 

Thank you, so they dont have a permanent home for the first team at present.

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

Can someone tell me the name of Drumchapel United's home ground?  I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Donald Dewar Sports Centre.

http://www.centralscottishafl.co.uk/TeamDirectories?div=10710&category=all&team=231458

You'll get any variant of that if you go back through the dates.

http://www.centralscottishafl.co.uk/LeagueFixtures

5 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Drumchapel AFC own Glenhead. DUPYMAFC 1st team use Donald Dewar.

Sharing the Hibbee with another team didn't work out too well last time!

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Donald Dewar Sports Centre.

http://www.centralscottishafl.co.uk/TeamDirectories?div=10710&category=all&team=231458

You'll get any variant of that if you go back through the dates.

http://www.centralscottishafl.co.uk/LeagueFixtures

Interesting if you select the bottom link it gives you Hamilton Park.  Select that link and it says that it is in England lol

14 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Spot on, as is @glensmad.

The reason I've praised Gordon Ronney is the fact that he was willing to make things work by commiting to changes. He, unlike TJ and the SJFA, was able to get things over the line without splits and/or unnecessary arguments.

I am curious what changes are being committed to by Ronney and the West Region? Because I don't think the LL ever said clubs couldn't keep their SJFA membership. Is it just the changes to the Junior Cup to allow the league fixtures to take precedence?

13 hours ago, grazza said:

Great to see the west joining pyramid. Wonder if SJFA will put restriction on how far a team can be in the pyramid and play in the cup or we could see in a few years a league 1 team putting  out their reserves for a midweek cup game.. Junior cup should be retained but turned into truly national cup for all within the pyramid below the SPFL as well as North Juniors and North Caledonian leagues if they wish to take part.

If Auchinleck got to the SPFL then there's hardly going to be any space to fit in their Junior Cup games, especially if they are drawn away to a club without floodlights which would have to be played on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

A good number, smaller clubs especially, will probably be looking to try it out for a season. An early exit from cups wont impact them on games but could still get a few tasty home ties to make it worth their while. Seems a wise strategy to give it a bash first?

Equally they could also get one of the ~50 clubs in the Tayside/North region and either have to pay the guarantee on a small home crowd or travel away and lose money on the coach hire.

@Dev might also be worth marking which clubs have said they'll leave the SJFA (Kilwinning and Clydebank) and those who will enter an U20s team (Bellshill and Clydebank).

Just now, archieb said:

Noticeable that Kilwinning are still the only Ayrshire side to say they've applied (plus Kello from D&G).

I'm sure more will confirm soon. Others have submitted applications but haven't went public yet.

1 minute ago, archieb said:

Noticeable that Kilwinning are still the only Ayrshire side to say they've applied (plus Kello from D&G).

Im told that Whitletts are just awaiting communication with South Ayrshire council before they announce their application.

Just now, honestman54 said:

Im told that Whitletts are just awaiting communication with South Ayrshire council before they announce their application.

Correct. There will be white smoke from Dam Park soon enough.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Drumchapel AFC own Glenhead. DUPYMAFC 1st team use Donald Dewar.

Yes i understand that  but the Donald Dewar would not pass any requirements what so ever for senior football as it is a public park like rossvale old ground (before the move to new tinto park) was so i would not surprised if they end up ground-sharing at Glenhead until they get something sorted 

5 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Interesting if you select the bottom link it gives you Hamilton Park.  Select that link and it says that it is in England lol

It's every result in their league - you have to rewind the dates. You're seeing a Blantyre Celtic over 35s match there!

Edited by cmontheloknow

Just now, megaspinnernet2 said:

Yes i understand that  but the Donald Dewar would not pass any requirements what so ever for senior football as it is a public park like rossvale old ground (before the move to new tinto park) was so i would not surprised if they end up ground-sharing at Glenhead until they get something sorted 

I did edit my initial post to clarify what I was getting at - the groundshare didn't work last time.

26 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Thank you, so they dont have a permanent home for the first team at present.

On an earlier post it said that the first team's ground was at Halgreen Avenue and that it is proposed to create a Flood-lit all weather pitch there with the facilities needed for senior football. Someone said that their other teams are based at the Donald Dewar Centre. Presumably they'll be using that next season whilst the other ground is developed? Or perhaps not!

Edited by Dev