KIRKINTILLOCH ROB ROY
MARYHILL
RENFREW
RUTHERGLEN GLENCAIRN

VALE OF CLYDE

This is 12, are there more?

Just Clydebank FC thanks

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Out of interest as a non Junior fan who takes an interest in the forming of a pyramid and which clubs will step up and improve our leagues. I’ve seen many say SJC or a new non league Cup should have its final at Hampden, is this generally the preferred option for the Cup? I understand crowds are below 10k these days (still a very good crowd) and Hampden can be a morgue when it’s not full. Is it just to recognise the prestige of your cup by using the national stadium or do you think crowds will improve again? I’d like to see an all in non league cup be given a good sponsor and TV package backed and promoted by the SFA. Certainly if Hampden is the preferred option it should be made available to the finalists. Once we get a full pyramid I’d like to see the SFA and SPFL help boost the coverage of tier 5 down across their leagues and cups.

Hampden for the prestige of it. The idea that the SFA would foot the bill for rental and stewarding keeping the costs down now that they own it. Central location where people are used to going, major city location to help with press for promotion sponsorship wise. Plus getting BBC Scotland to film it by keeping their transport costs down.

Seen the suggestion of tying it together with the Amateur Cup final to make it a big non-league day to bump up the attendance.

You've also got those of Junior Cup final being played at Hampden and Ibrox in front of strong crowds by non-league standards but no filling the place.

It just adds to the grand day out atmosphere people try to cling to when it comes to cup final day.

19 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

15 including arthurlie

Arthurlie is on my list. It's Newmains I didn't have.

I don't see a formal announcement that they've applied on Twitter or Facebook or anywhere else though, the Record article and their website quote the manager. The website piece is also rather unclear:

"The game’s ruling body last month confirmed the top junior division in the east and west division will become part of an expanded tier six below the Lowland League."

https://newmainsunitedfc.com/statement-pyramid-leaves-scottish-football-in-great-shape/

Edited by archieb

12 minutes ago, archieb said:

Arthurlie is on my list. It's Newmains I didn't have.

I don't see a formal announcement that they've applied on Twitter or Facebook or anywhere else though, the Record article and their website quote the manager. The website piece is also rather unclear:

"The game’s ruling body last month confirmed the top junior division in the east and west division will become part of an expanded tier six below the Lowland League."

https://newmainsunitedfc.com/statement-pyramid-leaves-scottish-football-in-great-shape/

Factually inaccurate I'd call that!

Hampden for the prestige of it. The idea that the SFA would foot the bill for rental and stewarding keeping the costs down now that they own it. Central location where people are used to going, major city location to help with press for promotion sponsorship wise. Plus getting BBC Scotland to film it by keeping their transport costs down.
Seen the suggestion of tying it together with the Amateur Cup final to make it a big non-league day to bump up the attendance.
You've also got those of Junior Cup final being played at Hampden and Ibrox in front of strong crowds by non-league standards but no filling the place.
It just adds to the grand day out atmosphere people try to cling to when it comes to cup final day.

Fair enough, I like the idea of combining it with the SAFA cup final as a bumper day and to get a bigger crowd, if the SFA help keep costs down sensible ticket pricing and advertising could see a good crowd.

This is the painful part because they're so inept. The creation of a National cup competition for those clubs in regional leagues should fall to the SFA. Not the SJFA or the leagues.
It should be fairly easily done. The did run the Qualifying Cups for all those years. The SFA members should put forward a motion to create one. Have it become tied to membership. If you're a SFA member outwith a national league (aka the SPFL) you have to compete with open invitations to those clubs in affiliated leagues. That forces the Highland League to take part and allows for NCL clubs to opt out.
I just think that the creation of a new competition, primarily for lowland area clubs, can do away with so much of the artificial divide we see daily on here (myself included).

This is a chance for a fresh new start for everyone. To leave behind old cups and for both sides to commit to one another without tentatively reminiscing about past glories.

Dont wait for the sfa, all those involved could make one really big cup competition for the lowland area. An all in cup, where all teams are entered, regardless of their association membership.

Forward facing, future oriented, no strings attached, winner takes all.

Bit of a side track but I would look to revamp all the cups across the board

Scottish Cup: everyone in the pyramid in. no seeding. no prelims.
League Cup: top two tiers
Challenge Cup: tiers 3 and 4
"Junior" Cup: everyone tier 5 and below
New trophy: everyone tier 7 and below

You could even have the bottom three competitions finals on the same day if you wanted with the one ticket for all three and the money split across all the finalists.

Well it seems a few posters have missed my presence for some odd reason, thanks to those who were concerned, all fine here. Just a few "issues" with my log-in so for the time being it's an abbreviated version.  Also with the C19 pandemic, focus has been elsewhere most of the time.

Nice to see my auld pals Beenze and Lurker seeing me behind every pillar, sorry to disappoint!  Lowland Team will be pissed off being likened to me lol.

I believe there's around 20-25 clubs who have applied to the new WoS so far, so going well.  Should have been much further down the road by now.  Clubs now have the choice that should always have been there, go Senior or stay Junior, although I believe WRJFA clubs are being told if they want to stay Junior they'll need to form a new league. Why, the WRJFA is theirs as much as anyone's elses and it will remain for them should they choose to stay put, more misinformation.

Never ceases to amaze the Junior Cup all of a sudden is the possession of the WRJFA to do with what they like, and it seems like they are still treating this as some sort of battle to be won. There's next to no chance that clubs in the EoS will enter anyway.   Whatever happens, SJFA/WRJFA blazers need to be kept well away from a future WoSFL Board if the game in the west is to embrace the Pyramid. A completely fresh start.

Anyway, stay safe everyone, stay at home, stay healthy and look forward to the new season whenever it happens.

Edited by BMan

Bit of a side track but I would look to revamp all the cups across the board

Scottish Cup: everyone in the pyramid in. no seeding. no prelims.
League Cup: top two tiers
Challenge Cup: tiers 3 and 4
"Junior" Cup: everyone tier 5 and below
New trophy: everyone tier 7 and below

You could even have the bottom three competitions finals on the same day if you wanted with the one ticket for all three and the money split across all the finalists.
There is no need for so many cups.

Keeping the name only immerses an artificial divide farther. Drop the junior cup and all other smaller cups. Keep the larger ones and create an new tier 5 and below all in cup.

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

There is no need for so many cups.

Keeping the name only immerses an artificial divide farther. Drop the junior cup and all other smaller cups. Keep the larger ones and create an new tier 5 and below all in cup.

I'm not bothered about the cup name. I just used that name as placeholder to give it some kind of equivalency. There's less cups there than there are currently. Everyone would like an "all in" national cup for non-league but having one that caps the clubs at the bottom end of the pyramid would give the really wee teams a big national day out as well. (Albeit I admit there isn't enough teams at the tier I listed to make it possible at the moment. I'm presuming the pyramid will continue expanding down the way)

I'm not bothered about the cup name. I just used that name as placeholder to give it some kind of equivalency. There's less cups there than there are currently. Everyone would like an "all in" national cup for non-league but having one that caps the clubs at the bottom end of the pyramid would give the really wee teams a big national day out as well. (Albeit I admit there isn't enough teams at the tier I listed to make it possible at the moment. I'm presuming the pyramid will continue expanding down the way)
Sorry I know your not and you support what I'd said. Some others are very literal people though!

1 hour ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

The bottom tier side have put forward their application to join the tier below the Lowland League.

The bottom tier side back the proposals and have submitted their application to join before the April 7 deadline.

Seems clear enough! Newmains United.

Kilsyth Rangers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/kilsyth-rangers-back-junior-game-21754564

Kilsyth Rangers back junior game overhaul for 'dream' shot at League Two

Huge changes are set to take place in the West Region ahead of the new campaign.

Kilsyth Rangers secretary William Dunbar has backed a massive overhaul of the lower leagues that gives junior clubs a "dream" shot at League Two.

A new West of Scotland League is to create sixth tier of the pyramid as of next season - sitting just below the Highland and Lowland Leagues and alongside the East of Scotland and South of Scotland divisions.

Lanarkshire Live Sport's sister title Record Sport revealed yesterday that 63 junior sides were set to apply for the proposed divisions.

Rangers chief Dunbar confirmed the North Lanarkshire side were one of the clubs and said it was best for both the SJFA and the clubs.

He said: "The West Region are encouraging all junior clubs to take part in the Scottish Junior Cup still but the reality is there will be no West Region Junior FA.

"Previously you had to resign your SJFA membership if you wanted to take up a position in the Lowland League or one of the tiers, but that is no longer the case.

"The Scottish Junior Cup will keep the juniors alive, but ultimately it is down to each club if they want to be in it.

"Previously the cup has taken precedent over the league, and that won't be the case for a lot of clubs now."

He continued: "For the first couple of seasons it will probably be more of a rebranding while clubs get the SFA membership that would allow them to compete in the Lowland League.

"In many ways it's a move that will give clubs a chance to dream about getting into the leagues, even if it doesn't happen right away.

"That is the carrot at the end of this. There is a lot of years ahead and teams in top division or the top conference will still have work to do but it's something to work towards for everyone.

"You can look at one day become a Lowland League and League Two team if you build the club up."

"As far as this season league, there have been concerns about promotion and relegation, but that would no longer be a worry now.

"The new set-up will scrap the leagues and set up conferences to bring in the new set-up.

"The reality is that although some teams might miss out on titles it's not worth trying to squeeze the league games into the season."

16 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying:  
Premiership (4) Championship (5) League One (4) League Two (2) Others (1)
Clydebank Arthurlie Bellshill Athletic Newmains United Drumchapel Utd PYM
Kilwinning Rangers Blantyre Victoria Kello Rovers Vale of Clyde  
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Kilsyth Rangers Maryhill    
Rutherglen Glencairn Neilston Juniors Royal Albert    
  Renfrew      

Not known to have applied so far:      
Auchinleck Talbot Cambuslang Rangers Ardrossan Winton Rovers Annbank United  
Beith Juniors Craigmark Burntonians Carluke Rovers Ardeer Thistle  
Benburb Cumbernauld United East Kilbride Thistle Ashfield  
Cumnock Juniors Dalry Thistle Girvan Forth Wanderers  
Glenafton Athletic Darvel Glasgow Perthshire Johnstone Burgh  
Hurlford United Gartcairn Juniors Greenock Juniors Lugar Boswell Thistle  
Irvine Meadow XI Irvine Victoria Lanark United Maybole Juniors  
Kilbirnie Ladeside Petershill Larkhall Thistle Muirkirk Juniors  
Largs Thistle Shotts Bon Accord Lesmahagow Juniors Saltcoats Victoria  
Pollok St Roch's Port Glasgow Juniors St Anthony's  
Rossvale Whitletts Victoria Shettleston Thorniewood United  
Troon   Wishaw Juniors Vale of Leven  
      Yoker Athletic  
Edited by Dev

4 minutes ago, Dev said:
16 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying:  
Premiership (4) Championship (5) League One (4) League Two (2) Others (1)
Clydebank Arthurlie Bellshill Athletic Newmains United Drumchapel Utd PYM
Kilwinning Rangers Blantyre Victoria Kello Rovers Vale of Clyde  
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Kilsyth Rangers Maryhill    
Rutherglen Glencairn Neilston Juniors Royal Albert    
  Renfrew      

Not known to have applied so far:      
Auchinleck Talbot Cambuslang Rangers Ardrossan Winton Rovers Annbank United  
Beith Juniors Craigmark Burntonians Carluke Rovers Ardeer Thistle  
Benburb Cumbernauld United East Kilbride Thistle Ashfield  
Cumnock Juniors Dalry Thistle Girvan Forth Wanderers  
Glenafton Athletic Darvel Glasgow Perthshire Johnstone Burgh  
Hurlford United Gartcairn Juniors Greenock Juniors Lugar Boswell Thistle