Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

52 minutes ago, Stoosh83 said:

This would surely pull in a good sponsorship deal aswell.

For all the potential arguments about names this will be the decider TBH. If the Junior Cup can attract more sponsorship money than the SCC that'll become the main Non-League Cup. If it makes no difference or makes less money it will die

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

For all the potential arguments about names this will be the decider TBH. If the Junior Cup can attract more sponsorship money than the SCC that'll become the main Non-League Cup. If it makes no difference or makes less money it will die

You'd have to say that if the present £12,000 per finalist (and £5k per semi finalist)  is maintained it gives an awful lot of incentive for clubs to remain in the association! Especially as it presently carries Scottish Cup qualification, which the SCC does not.

A few things to be ironed out there.

Saw Renfrew earlier, not sure if posted here:

CLUB STATEMENT

Recently there has been meetings between the LL, EOS, SOS and SJFA regarding setting up of a new West of Scotland League next season sitting at tier 6 of the Scottish football pyramid along side the East of Scotland and South of Scotland leagues as a feeder into the Lowland League.

As a committee put in place by our members, we believe that applying to join this new league is the right thing to do to allow our club to move forward and not be left behind in the shadows.

It was our intension to hold a members EGM but with the current situation we are all in, this is not viable therefore the committee intend on submitting an application to join the new WOSL.

If any club members have any questions, please feel free to email renfrew1912@hotmail.com and we will do all we can to answer your questions.

We acknowledge that everyone is dealing with alot at the moment but rest assured that as a committee, we are still thinking about the club going forward and will keep working hard for our club during these difficult times.

Stay safe, stay at home and we’ll see you all again at NWP when the time is right.

Renfrew FC committee

Also did I miss Royal Albert? I click 'notifications' and sometimes bypass a page of posts!

The Albert will be looking to join the new West of Scotland league as part of the Pyramid System.
The application form has to be sent in before the end of April
When we hear more information about this we will let you know
Stay Safe

next: Arthurlie (see NLS)

https://www.arthurliefc.co.uk/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=40

Thursday 26th March 2020

Statement || West of Scotland Football League - Update

Statement || West of Scotland Football League - Update

Arthurlie Football Club has received and considered the latest correspondence from the Pyramid Working Group (PWG) in relation to the proposed West of Scotland Football League (WoSFL) entering at tier six in the Scottish football pyramid.

It should be noted that the club's original plan was to hold an Emergency General Meeting for season ticket holders to deliberate on the proposals, however this was unavoidably cancelled, given the current Covid-19 crisis around the nation.

To this end, the elected club committee, as custodians of the club, have discussed all options on the table and have agreed on the best way forward for Arthurlie FC.

Ahead of the 7th April deadline for applications (which has been extended from 31st March due to the current situation), the club will now formally apply to join the new WoSFL and also plan to retain membership of the Scottish Junior Football Association (SJFA) - which will see us continue to participate in the Scottish Junior Cup.

The committee see this as an exciting new venture in the club's history and we look forward to the new challenges that lie ahead, when football can resume.

In the meantime, everyone please do everything possible to protect yourself and others from Covid-19.
STAY HOME. STAY SAFE. SAVE LIVES.

Thank you!

Arthurlie FC Committee

Great to read this has been resolved guys.

Will be interested to see how the Junior Cup fits in and hope common sense prevails in future to open it up to all non league and redescover it's prestige.
Not for me. End the south challenge cup and junior cup, place them in a cabinet in hampden and mark a new start with new trophies and cups. Keeping both adds too many potential fixtures in an already tight season.

Also keeping both continues to split opinions across the board. I for one dont see the junior cup prestige, but others do.

A fresh start should bring about just that, a fresh start. No more junior blazer mad cap ideas, a new league and a fresh start.

An all on non league cup would be a great start to a new joint venture between traditional junior clubs, the eos, sos and LL pyramid clubs.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

How come Vale of Clyde and Renfrew get it when so many others don't?

I think every team will get it between now and 7th April. 

The bigger question is how many will retain their SJFA membership? Arthurlie and Kilwinning are amongst those to nail their flags to the mast, Renfrew and Vale of Clyde aren't saying/are undecided while Irvine Meadow are the most interesting as they have put it to the vote. 

The result of that will be most informative. 

30 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Not for me. End the south challenge cup and junior cup, place them in a cabinet in hampden and mark a new start with new trophies and cups. Keeping both adds too many potential fixtures in an already tight season.

Also keeping both continues to split opinions across the board. I for one dont see the junior cup prestige, but others do.

A fresh start should bring about just that, a fresh start. No more junior blazer mad cap ideas, a new league and a fresh start.

An all on non league cup would be a great start to a new joint venture between traditional junior clubs, the eos, sos and LL pyramid clubs.

This is the painful part because they're so inept. The creation of a National cup competition for those clubs in regional leagues should fall to the SFA. Not the SJFA or the leagues.

It should be fairly easily done. The did run the Qualifying Cups for all those years. The SFA members should put forward a motion to create one. Have it become tied to membership. If you're a SFA member outwith a national league (aka the SPFL) you have to compete with open invitations to those clubs in affiliated leagues. That forces the Highland League to take part and allows for NCL clubs to opt out.

30 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Is that 15 confirmed now ?

ARTHURLIE
BELLSHILL ATHLETIC
BLANTYRE VICTORIA
CLYDEBANK 2003
DRUMCHAPEL UNITED
KELLO ROVERS
KILWINNING RANGERS
KIRKINTILLOCH ROB ROY
MARYHILL
RENFREW
RUTHERGLEN GLENCAIRN

VALE OF CLYDE

This is 12, are there more?

Out of interest as a non Junior fan who takes an interest in the forming of a pyramid and which clubs will step up and improve our leagues. I’ve seen many say SJC or a new non league Cup should have its final at Hampden, is this generally the preferred option for the Cup? I understand crowds are below 10k these days (still a very good crowd) and Hampden can be a morgue when it’s not full. Is it just to recognise the prestige of your cup by using the national stadium or do you think crowds will improve again? I’d like to see an all in non league cup be given a good sponsor and TV package backed and promoted by the SFA. Certainly if Hampden is the preferred option it should be made available to the finalists. Once we get a full pyramid I’d like to see the SFA and SPFL help boost the coverage of tier 5 down across their leagues and cups.

38 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I think every team will get it between now and 7th April. 

The bigger question is how many will retain their SJFA membership?

A good number, smaller clubs especially, will probably be looking to try it out for a season. An early exit from cups wont impact them on games but could still get a few tasty home ties to make it worth their while. Seems a wise strategy to give it a bash first?

2 minutes ago, honestman54 said:
ARTHURLIE
BELLSHILL ATHLETIC
BLANTYRE VICTORIA
CLYDEBANK 2003
DRUMCHAPEL UNITED
KELLO ROVERS
KILWINNING RANGERS
KIRKINTILLOCH ROB ROY
MARYHILL
RENFREW
RUTHERGLEN GLENCAIRN