Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Worried about the impact the backward sjfa cup would have on this forward thinking league. Surely clubs who’ve seen the light shouldnt be punished by having fixtures changed for the dinosaurs to play their wee trophy through replays etc? Shouldnt either replays be scrapped or played mid week so as not to interfere with the more important league or prestigious challenge cup?

image.png.2fd46a693b7989c6d07891ca47280b83.png

The Junior Cup won't stay the same if this happens.

So the league will assume priority over the junior cup.....I've a feeling clubs who have been left behind (and are going to remain loyal to the sjfa and play in sjfa run leagues) arent going to accept that.

Scrap both cups and do one large pyramid cup for the entire lowland area.

Just now, G4Mac said:

So the league will assume priority over the junior cup.....I've a feeling clubs who have been left behind (and are going to remain loyal to the sjfa and play in sjfa run leagues) arent going to accept that.

They are entering south challenge cup anyway the junior cup will be like football nation cup as west teams wouldnt be in that

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Any Junior league outside the pyramid is also likely to relatively small. They might be quite happy to see the Junior Cup take priority on certain Saturdays and have replays as it would pad out their calendar.

You're basically looking at the the West Region clubs signing up for the WoSFL being a large enough bloc to dicatate what happens to the rest SJFA.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yes but a rule should be put in place that the clubs cannot vote any new committee members in for the next 5 years. it should be arranged by the LL, |EOS and SOS to pick the people to run the league, no exception

Sorry it doesn't work like that.board members serve 2 years then need to be voted back on.the wosfl will need a delegate for the non professional game board and another one for the Congress both these posts are for 1year then they need to be elected again.they will also need reps for the 4 league meetings.that was one of the blocks.they just wanted to give the now premier league.but wrjfa wanted to run everything under that.

Melt them both down and make a big f*ck off Champions League style one [emoji3]

[emoji23] I like this idea especially as the Scottish is tiny then you’d have a f**k off big one for the non league teams while Celtic lift a tiny one.

People getting too hung up on which side made concession here. Let’s move on and see who applies, I doubt it’ll be every team so a WRJFA will need to remain for those that don’t. Interesting to see how the SJC lasts as a high profile tournament, will other Non league clubs join it or even be welcome to? Or will it fade overtime as clubs see it as a fixture congestion. Only time will tell on that one.

[emoji23] I like this idea especially as the Scottish is tiny then you’d have a f**k off big one for the non league teams while Celtic lift a tiny one.

Suggestion for new cup name : The Auchinleck Talbot, lets be honest they’re pure gonna dominate it anyway Cup

People getting too hung up on which side made concession here. Let’s move on and see who applies, I doubt it’ll be every team so a WRJFA will need to remain for those that don’t. Interesting to see how the SJC lasts as a high profile tournament, will other Non league clubs join it or even be welcome to? Or will it fade overtime as clubs see it as a fixture congestion. Only time will tell on that one.

16 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Sorry it doesn't work like that.board members serve 2 years then need to be voted back on.the wosfl will need a delegate for the non professional game board and another one for the Congress both these posts are for 1year then they need to be elected again.they will also need reps for the 4 league meetings.that was one of the blocks.they just wanted to give the now premier league.but wrjfa wanted to run everything under that.

no agreed Lowland, we know the power struggling for the past few years and how its changed and adapted and I know what I said wont happen but that would put an end to it and eventually clubs wouldn't think of themselves as junior but as a club in the pyramid system trying to progress.

11 hours ago, the rambler said:

I posted earlier that I am not a fan of Conferences and should be merit based. However, the decision has been made. I have had a go at how Conferences might look, just to give an example. 

I took current Junior League positions and averaged points to the end of the full league season to determine seedings. This presumes there will be an even number from each League in each Conference, it would be unfair to have 6 Premier teams in one Conference and 2 in another. The seedings are in blocks of 4, 1 to 4, 5 to 8, 61 to 63 etc. I have presumed 63 Junior Clubs and 5 new entrants. I don't know who the new entrants are or their current level so have classed them as non Junior for now.

I manipulated 6 Ayrshire teams in each Conference and tried to have as many local derbies as possible but still within the seedings. 

Seed 1 Auchinleck, 2 Kilwinning, 3 Pollok, 4 Glenafton etc

Conference A

Auchinleck, Beith, Cumnock, Rob Roy, Cumbernauld, Kilsyth, Gartcairn, P'hill, Winton, Bellshill, Larkhall, Royal Albert, Ashfield, Thrn'wood, Saltcoats, Lugar, Non Junior

Conference B

Kilwinning, Kilbirnie, Largs, Benburb, Shotts, Dalry, St Rochs, Craigmark, Port Gla, Greenock, Maryhill, Wishaw, Johnstone B, Forth, St Ants, Ardeer, Non Junior

Conf C

Pollok, Meadow, Rossvale, Troon, Blantyre, Neilston, Arthurlie, Irv Vics, Shettleston, Perthshire, Girvan, EK, Muirkirk, Maybole, VOC, Non Junior, Non Junior

Conf D

Glenafton, Hurlford, Clbank, Glencairn, Darvel, Renfrew, Whitletts, Cambusl, Lanark, Lesmahagow, Carluke, Kello, VOL, Yoker, Newmains, Annbank, Non Junior

I'm away to put on a correct score of Kilwinning 18 Ardeer 0.

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

I'm away to put on a correct score of Kilwinning 18 Ardeer 0.

Just a thought but would lower ranked current WRSJFA sides maybe decide to sit out the Conference season and remain Junior for next season and then be quite comfortable joining the WoSL at the lowest tier in the following season?

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Nice.

That's 17 clubs in each conference, so 32 matches? Might be a bit high when you remember that 1) there will be a play-off to pick a champion, which will mean 3 or 6 more matches and 2) the champion may enter a play-off with the winners of the SoS and EoS for promotion to the LL, which could be 2 or 4 more matches. And the WoSL leagues would need to finish at the same time as the EoS and SoS leagues, so you could be trying to play 35-38 games by the first week in May. All this in a season that may be shortened because of The Great Disease.

Might need to stay flexible on the format?

Clubs still have to apply.

What's the odds on all 63 West Juniors actually applying by the 7th April ?

I just can't see it.

In light of yesterday's events I'll go for 4 14 team conferences, with one rump league left playing West SJFA, maybe 10 teams.

Progressive clubs "with a positive eye for the future" who will be part of the launch of the newly constituted WoSFL:

1. Clydebank (SJFA West Region Premiership)

2. Kilwinning Rangers (SJFA West Region Premiership)

3. Rutherglen Glencairn (SJFA West Region Premiership)

4. Bellshill Athletic (SJFA West League One)

5. Drumchapel United PYM (Central Scottish Amateur Premier Division)

6. Neilston Juniors (SJFA West Region Championship)

7. Maryhill (SJFA West League One)

8. Kello Rovers (SJFA West League One)

9. Blantyre Victoria (SJFA West Region Championship)

10. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (SJFA West Region Premiership)

More formal applicants to follow to be added to the growing list!

Edited by Pyramidic

9 hours ago, glensmad said:
9 hours ago, GordonS said:
Nice.
That's 17 clubs in each conference, so 32 matches? Might be a bit high when you remember that 1) there will be a play-off to pick a champion, which will mean 3 or 6 more matches and 2) the champion may enter a play-off with the winners of the SoS and EoS for promotion to the LL, which could be 2 or 4 more matches. And the WoSL leagues would need to finish at the same time as the EoS and SoS leagues, so you could be trying to play 35-38 games by the first week in May. All this in a season that may be shortened because of The Great Disease.
Might need to stay flexible on the format?

And then the Scottish Junior Cup thrown in as well for the teams who choose to be in it ? Just seems like a competition too far in my personal opinion.

Yup.

Just too many games.

3 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Just a thought but would lower ranked current WRSJFA sides maybe decide to sit out the Conference season and remain Junior for next season and then be quite comfortable joining the WoSL at the lowest tier in the following season?

Some of the lower ranked teams have applied. Likely to be worried they'll be left to wither on the vine otherwise.

9 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Some of the lower ranked teams have applied. Likely to be worried they'll be left to wither on the vine otherwise.

9 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I'll have £2 on +55 applications

37 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

The WOSFL hasn't even been formed yet. How can you possibly know what the rules about board member re-election will be?

11 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Think the mentality should be to try to do what Crossgates Primrose did in the east.