Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Statement or question? You know what I meant. The SOS league was always Dumfries and Stranraer teams. 

It wasn't.

Until the recent demise of the Dumfries Amateur League, the SoS was almost exclusively Galloway teams, Dumfries(shire) teams are (mostly) a fairly recent addition.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Basically the west region has gone rogue as it has no authority for much of the agreement.
Btw this is only my observation I am 100% happy the deadlock is broken.
Interesting times though, particularly in tayside.

The  north and the dregs of the East should refuse to allow Senior clubs to play in their premier cup competition.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So if I'm understanding right, you have to apply to the WoS league to join the pyramid. If you don't apply you're still going to be playing in a pyramid league, against other teams who want to be part of the pyramid and could potentially finish ahead of one of these teams in the league? Does that mean that only the bottom tier will be for those clubs who don't apply, or will there be movement between the leagues below Lowland League level (surely if there is then that makes these teams de facto part of the pyramid?). As to the Junior Cup, I take it this staying Junior thing is for current clubs only but what about current East Clubs who have applied to the East of Scotland League?

If you don't apply, you won't be in a pyramid league.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Forgive me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, but I'm not seeing anything there that suggests that any non -junior team applying to the WoSL , eg Drumchapel, will be obliged /expected/ want to play in the Junior Cup. 

Indeed, Drumchapel will be able to apply for SJFA membership and play in the Junior Cup, but they don't have to, it's entirely their choice.

If I'm correct in thinking.

There are 63 teams who are currently part of the west region league this season 19/20.
If say 20 of them apply to the WOS, they will enter the new WOS league in a conference divisions, 20/21, all equal to determine which divisions they will be in the following year 21/22. These conference divisions will also include other teams joining who were not part of the West region league this year.  All the junior teams this year who join the WOS can also keep their junior membershio and participate in the Scottish Junior Cup.

If 20 junior teams this year leave to join the WOS I take it the other 43 teams left in the junior league will play in a new structured West region junior league. meaning the WRJFA will still exists with league running the teams which have decided not to join the pyramid.  This WRJFA will have no connection to the pyramid as they will still exists on their own as they have done in the past.

Have I understood that format correctly guys n gals

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

There are 63 teams who are currently part of the west region league this season 19/20.
If say 20 of them apply to the WOS, they will enter the new WOS league in a conference divisions, 20/21, all equal to determine which divisions they will be in the following year 21/22. These conference divisions will also include other teams joining who were not part of the West region league this year.  All the junior teams this year who join the WOS can also keep their junior membershio and participate in the Scottish Junior Cup.

If 20 junior teams this year leave to join the WOS I take it the other 43 teams left in the junior league will play in a new structured West region junior league. meaning the WRJFA will still exists with league running the teams which have decided not to join the pyramid.  This WRJFA will have no connection to the pyramid as they will still exists on their own as they have done in the past.

Correct

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction here - all 63 West Region clubs WILL apply to the new West of Scotland League. The West Region will make sure of that.

If all 63 teams move across plus a few others then we will have at least 4 conferences. 

20 minutes ago, Marten said:

Indeed, Drumchapel will be able to apply for SJFA membership and play in the Junior Cup, but they don't have to, it's entirely their choice.

So, in theory,any team could, eg (random former junior team) Dunbar , could (re) apply to the SJFA  to play in the JC.....?

32 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think that would be the case B. Don’t think there will be enough teams left to form a single WRSJFA division though.

I hear that...
WRJFA  is encouraging all West teams to apply.
Meeting has already taken place on 20th with all regions to allow changes to Scottish Cup entry. 
Yes, it was agreed in principle at the SJFA Management meeting last week, however it is the clubs who ultimately will have the final say at the AGM or an EGM.

Remember that there are 70 junior teams outwith the West Region and only 63 teams in the West Region, so if the non-West teams don't vote for the changes then the idea would be scuppered. I do expect the changes to be approved, though.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So if I'm understanding right, you have to apply to the WoS league to join the pyramid. If you don't apply you're still going to be playing in a pyramid league, against other teams who want to be part of the pyramid and could potentially finish ahead of one of these teams in the league? Does that mean that only the bottom tier will be for those clubs who don't apply, or will there be movement between the leagues below Lowland League level (surely if there is then that makes these teams de facto part of the pyramid?). As to the Junior Cup, I take it this staying Junior thing is for current clubs only but what about current East Clubs who have applied to the East of Scotland League?

I find your lack of comprehension somewhat disturbing. Perhaps this isn’t the subject for you. 😂😂

4 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

I think it is high time that Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Armadale, Bathgate, Pumpherston etc take in the full implications of this statement below that the West Region SJFA are circulating. Time to come home boys to the EoSFL and leave the self-isolation behind. Under the compromise you can still play in the Junior Cup.

It is interesting that this says there'll be Conferences for only one season... with an expected four Conferences, that would mean end-season cut-offs between 4th. & 5th. places; 8th. & 9th. places and 12th. & 13th. places ~ in mid-table, where team-strengths and thus points won are much closer together, the differences between 4th. & 13th. places could be a matter of only three/four wins. It could well be cut-throat all season long in divisions like that! Mind, maybe with divisions largely constructed from sets of four teams from each of the four current WRJL divisions plus a few added sides from the SoSL & Amateurs, there might be some distinct strength differences at the cusps of each of the cut-off lines. If there are 72 teams entering (6 SoSL been previously mentioned + maybe 2 Amateurs), that'd make four Conferences of 18. Beneath the 12th. placed teams, that'd give the following season's fourth division a total of 24 teams ~ two 12-team regionals called for? Alternatively, under a 16-team Premier Division, that could leave four 14-team divisions - Div. 1N, 1S, 2N & 2S? 

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely the West Lothian teams will apply for the EOSFL and keep their SJC access. There is no other reason to stay outside the EOSFL if most (possibly all) the WRJFA become Senior teams with SJC access....

Is it confirmed that newly entering EoS clubs could still play in the junior cup? That might just be for the west region.