Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Looks like the war is over.
It was nice doing battle with you.
'The King is dead. Long live the King.'
New times beckon. Here's hoping it all works out well for everyone. Let's all now live in harmony, we're all Seniors now.
Stay safe.
Look after your family.
Protect the NHS.
Stay At Home.

I don't not know what the outcome is but what the hell you talking about, what war ?

Its about teams who want to progress in Scottish football and being allowed to do so with people coming to a decisions in what's the best way forward.
It may be right, it maybe wrong but its going to happen either way and I wish every club that joins and every club that stays where they are, all the best for the future.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If it is true, the Lowland League, East Of Scotland and South Of Scotland leagues should put out a statement immediately to let everyone know this is the process. So each club at all levels know what the process will be for them to make their decisions.  I cannot see any reason not to unless there's a reason to hold back, for example the junior clubs have asked to contact their member's before any statement is issued etc...

If you look at the comments on the tweet you'll see one from the same user saying you can likely expect a statement around midday 

Looks like the war is over.
It was nice doing battle with you.
'The King is dead. Long live the King.'
New times beckon. Here's hoping it all works out well for everyone. Let's all now live in harmony, we're all Seniors now.
Stay safe.
Look after your family.
Protect the NHS.
Stay At Home.

War? Battle? King?

What are you on about?

Common sense has prevailed by the looks of things. Keep the sjfa as far from running any league in the pyramid as possible = common sense, based on their historical actions and attitudes towards anything pyramid related.

I do agree with your sentiment regarding protecting front line workers though. Staying at home isnt a massive ask in the grand scheme of things.

I don't not know what the outcome is but what the hell you talking about, what war ?
Its about teams who want to progress in Scottish football and being allowed to do so with people coming to a decisions in what's the best way forward.
It may be right, it maybe wrong but its going to happen either way and I wish every club that joins and every club that stays where they are, all the best for the future.
Lighten up mate. I don't know the outcome either but going by the previous posts, it looks like it's been decided what's to be in place going forward.
My words were tongue in cheek and dysphemistic.
Stay safe.

War? Battle? King?

What are you on about?

Common sense has prevailed by the looks of things. Keep the sjfa as far from running any league in the pyramid as possible = common sense, based on their historical actions and attitudes towards anything pyramid related.

I do agree with your sentiment regarding protecting front line workers though. Staying at home isnt a massive ask in the grand scheme of things.

See above.
Lighten up.
Stay safe.

10 minutes ago, Terry Singh said:

So a month has been lost with pointless grandstanding from the Juniors.

Clock nicely ran down - salvation of the association! You can red dot me now Lanemark my wee stalker! Or better yet how about you post your opinion for once?

So a month has been lost with pointless grandstanding from the Juniors.
Yes, if the rumours are true, it appears that, after all the fuss by the WRSJFA with extra General Meetings and declarations and all that stuff, we're pretty much back to where we were when the LL made their initial announcement. The only change may be that the clubs may still have the option to retain SJFA membership and play in the Scottish Junior Cup, if that is ratified at the SJFA AGM or an EGM. I'm not even sure that many of the clubs will choose to take up that option.

We await the statements by both sides to give us clarification and then hopefully everybody can finally move on.

Yes, if the rumours are true, it appears that, after all the fuss by the WRSJFA with extra General Meetings and declarations and all that stuff, we're pretty much back to where we were when the LL made their initial announcement. The only change may be that the clubs may still have the option to retain SJFA membership and play in the Scottish Junior Cup, if that is ratified at the SJFA AGM or an EGM. I'm not even sure that many of the clubs will choose to take up that option.

We await the statements by both sides to give us clarification and then hopefully everybody can finally move on.
What rumours?
Where are you getting this and can you please let the rest of us know?

Not sure why there would need to be any referral to the Lowland or Highland leagues. One issue could come up if the promotion spot to the e.g. Lowland league was occupied by an "out of area" team so blocking promotion from e.g. the EoS.

Perhaps this situation could be worked around by allowing the highest placed eligible team to enter the play-offs. Really that should happen now, in any case, because it is possible, in theory, for an unlicenced team to win a Tier 6 feeder league to the Lowland League or, in future, to the Highland league.

I think the EOS are reluctant to accept members from outside their area as the HL are responsible for north of the boundary, while I doubt the HL would be massively bothered the EOS would perhaps want an official HL/LL agreement so they’re not undermining the integrity of HL area and any future development of their feeder leagues.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think the EOS would are reluctant to accept members from outside their area as the HL are responsible for north of the boundary, while I doubt the HL would be massively bothered the EOS would perhaps want an official HL/LL agreement so they’re not undermining the integrity of HL area and any future development of the feeder leagues.

Part of the issue is that if the EOS accepts a club from north of the LL/HL divide, it gets messy as that club could potentially get promoted to League 2, then relegated, in which case they would have to be relegated to the HL, if my understanding of the current rules is correct. EoS said previously they had queries from North of the Tay clubs but had to turn them down due to the HL/LL line. The admission of Jeanfield and Kinnoul, both teams outwith EoS traditional area, but south of the line, suggests that the line is something the EoS have been adhering to all along. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with Luncarty. Personally I think some flexibility with teams near the line is probably desirable.

I don't think it's beyond the abilities to add a few asterisks to a club like Luncarty (as an example) to say that although they can remain in a LL feeder any promotion would see them go to the HL (or vice versa for Tayport). It's not impossible for the LL to treat them the same they would treat a non-licensed club so a promotion play off excludes them and they would go into the HL promotion play off with whatever appears up there.

It's not ideal and there would be drawbacks obviously but, assuming it doesn't open Pandora's box, if the league they are applying to is alright with it there will always be workarounds.