Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, Terry Singh said:

Have the likes of Lochee, Carnoustie, or Banks oDee or Whitburn agreed to all these changes to the Junior Cup

That's why I referred earlier to the constitutional changes which would be required for Gordon Ronney's plan to succeed.

How the LL can agree to this plan without GR already having the mandate of these constitutional changes agreed is a question that probably has to be asked tonight, and I'm certain it will.

That's why I referred earlier to the constitutional changes which would be required for Gordon Ronney's plan to succeed.
How the LL can agree to this plan without GR already having the mandate of these constitutional changes agreed is a question that probably has to be asked tonight, and I'm certain it will.
The discussion/explanation will probably be something like this, - accept the changes required or accept the fact that the SJFA will fall by the wayside. Keep the West clubs together and the SJFA can survive. Lose the West clubs and it won't.

41 minutes ago, glensmad said:

So the West Region SJFA would basically cease to exist ?

I'm sure Gordon Ronney was asked the question about that scenario at the extra General Meeting, and his response was that wouldn't be acceptable. I could be wrong though.

Your right the sjfa run the junior Scottish cup so it would have to stay.never been a case of doing away with it.the new wosfl would run themselves independently from the sjfa.this has been stated on here many times

I don't recall the declaration stating that the WRSJFA wouldn't exist and wouldn't be wishing to administer tiers 7, 8 and 9. I think it said something like "all clubs move together in current format". There are a number of clubs who still think they will be under the remit of the current WRSJFA administration if they move into the pyramid with everyone else, it hasn't been made clear to them that won't be the case.
Don't get me wrong, if Gordon can pull this off and get the LL to agree to it, and get the necessary constitutional changes through, then he will have done very well.
My information is that the new Declaration was to join the LL if the LL accepted the provisions asked for. Thereby making the WRSJFA management surplus to requirements as the LL would oversee a new administration.
If the LL didn't agree with the provisions asked, then the WRSJFA would proceed with their own application to set up the WOSL.

The discussion/explanation will probably be something like this, - accept the changes required or accept the fact that the SJFA will fall by the wayside. Keep the West clubs together and the SJFA can survive. Lose the West clubs and it won't.
So nobody has asked other clubs outside of the west area. This is laughable.

2 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Your right the sjfa run the junior Scottish cup so it would have to stay.never been a case of doing away with it.the new wosfl would run themselves independently from the sjfa.this has been stated on here many times

West Region and SJFA are not the same things. WR runs its leagues and cups, and administers its discipline. SJFA administers its cup and discipline, as well as reinstatements. Refs and registrations done through SFA.

My information is that the new Declaration was to join the LL if the LL accepted the provisions asked for. Thereby making the WRSJFA management surplus to requirements as the LL would oversee a new administration.
If the LL didn't agree with the provisions asked, then the WRSJFA would proceed with their own application to set up the WOSL.

Wouldn’t the second option require the LL to agree to change the playoff? Otherwise it’d be a WOSL outside the pyramid? I thought there was no way to get access to the LL without their agreement?

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Wouldn’t the second option require the LL to agree to change the playoff? Otherwise it’d be a WOSL outside the pyramid? I thought there was no way to get access to the LL without their agreement?

It would require all four parties to agree, the SFA/LL/EoSFL/SoSFL. With three of those parties already together under the LL-WoSFL plan, it seems unlikely that they would agree to an alternative. But you never know.....

It would require all four parties to agree, the SFA/LL/EoSFL/SoSFL. With three of those parties already together under the LL-WoSFL plan, it seems unlikely that they would agree to an alternative. But you never know.....

Well it’ll be interesting to see what comes out the meeting, what time is it due to happen?

As well as the Donald Dewar Centre, Drumchapel United also have a ground at Halgreen Avenue that is already enclosed and with a bit of ground around it that would allow extension to facilitate changing and spectators. I spent some time working with an amateur team about 11 years ago and we played them at Halgreen in a Cup tie.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

If we’re relying on the Scottish football blazers to move quickly we’ve no chance of it being this century let alone the 2030s emoji23.png

This is why the proposal/threat to form a Juniors version of the WoS is completely bogus.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

What vote?
Clubs were asked if they wanted to stay together. They said yes.
But ask yourself this, if 57 clubs left to join a new WOSL, why would 6 clubs think it would be in their best interests to remain?

Are you proposing to wind up the WRJFA?

What is the position of the SJFA if clubs like Clydebank and Kilwinning decide to ditch their SJFA membership?

15 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

West Region and SJFA are not the same things. WR runs its leagues and cups, and administers its discipline. SJFA administers its cup and discipline, as well as reinstatements. Refs and registrations done through SFA.

Your correct the west region would cease to exsist,the new wosfl would replace them.we have asked Gordon ronney what's the plan for clubs who do not want to join the pyramid.as no club should be forced to do what they dont want to.

So this is about the sjfa surviving then? This isnt about what's best for wrsjfa clubs who want to join and the clubs already playing in the pyramid? This us about people keeping their jobs in an sjfa that wants to further its interests within the pyramid?

This confirms my fears from day one, if true, and hopefully the LL go with their own league. This means that those clubs who want to join apply and those that dont want to be a pyramid team and may resent being made to (which may cause issues later down the line) stay junior.

Also how can the sjfa allow the wrsjfa to speak on behalf of the ersjfa clubs and nrsjfa clubs who are equal members of the association, whilst using the national trophy as a bargaining tool?

17 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Its not the SFAs gift to agree,its spfl LL shfl.eos and sos.who agree to anything pyramid.again like the sjfa the sfa administer the Scottish cup.reffee's registration's and discipline and the national teams.