Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

45 minutes ago, glensmad said:

One of the winners has announced that they have applied.

The others haven't said anything yet.

The winners over the last 17 years are :

Auchinleck Talbot              6

Beith                                        2

Glenafton Athletic              1

Irvine Meadow                     3

Kilwinning Rangers           1

Pollok                                      4

According to Inanimate Carbon Rod, they have all applied already ?

Edited by Robert James

Drumchapel Utd applying is an interesting one. Afaik they’ve basically taken over Donald Dewar. Also an SFA Quality Mark platinum club so been doing a lot of work in the community. There’s definitely an opportunity there to leap above clubs west of Glasgow. Their 19s folded and 21s struggling this year so that might also help attract new interest. 

Donald Dewar is just your standard astro pitch with High fence Round it. Not sure what the criteria is for facilities but you wouldn’t get a barrier round the pitch without considerable work on moving the big fence back. No terracing or standing area either. But the potential is there if they have a bit of money behind them to make a decent club. 

Edited by BTID

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Cannot see a single top flight club sitting this one out. Anyone that misses the bus here will have deliberately turned the other way to not see it.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They’ve mostly all applied, dont worry.

I'm absolutely certain the top flight in particular will sign up. When the East Region moved it was also Kennoway that never went that were able. It's taken them two years but they finally have.

It's the biggest clubs that have the most to lose if they don't stick together.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They play in the Central Scottish Amateur League's Premier Division. Probably considered to be the strongest league in the amateurs due to Colville Park, Harestanes success in the Amateur Cup.

And they are the team that plays out of the Donald Dewar Centre. No idea what its like, but they've obviously put in their due diligence so it must be close enough to meet the ground criteria. Unless they have something else up their sleeve.

I'm glad to see them go through with it. I was having my doubts after they showed that initial interest.

EDIT: They added another tweet to that. Looks like they might drop the PYM for the WOSFL and just go by Drumchapel United. With the possible continuation in the amateurs as well.

Donald Dewar center is very similar to that of Huntershill where Rossvale used to play, The dressing rooms, (public) are located beside the park and the park if fences off by similar fencing to that of Huntershill. Excellent park right enough but so is Huntershill

It is quite something that the top West Juniors who originally thought they would be going in a Tier 5 might now have to enter at Tier 7 or even 8.
All that the West Juniors want is to enter at Tier 6, 7, 8, and 9. That's all. Ready made system, a few tweaks and it's ready to go.

1 minute ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
9 minutes ago, edinabear said:
It is quite something that the top West Juniors who originally thought they would be going in a Tier 5 might now have to enter at Tier 7 or even 8.

All that the West Juniors want is to enter at Tier 6, 7, 8, and 9. That's all. Ready made system, a few tweaks and it's ready to go.

Point is if talbot, Cumnock, Beith, glenafton etc don't get a move on they could be starting a couple leagues further down than originally thought. 

Point is if talbot, Cumnock, Beith, glenafton etc don't get a move on they could be starting a couple leagues further down than originally thought. 

Not if they all move in the one block. Which is what is being proposed by the WRSJFA.

Move in with current 4 leagues.

Integrate any new applicants to a suitable league within that system.

Allow all clubs to retain their membership of the SJFA if they wish.

Allow participation of the SJFA Scottish Junior Cup to those clubs.

Other clubs coming into the existing 4 leagues do not need to join the SJFA.

What's the problem?

Should also add that it means the current WRSJFA management will no longer exist and a new management/board will be set up by the new WOSL.

A lot of Junior clubs have sent in applications to the Lowland but a lot of Junior clubs are not interested.

I see Drumchapel United have applied so where do they fit in, what about Bonnyton or Glasgow University or the other clubs who don't play Junior.

Some of the juniors don't want to go though, according to the only vote which has been held.
What vote?
Clubs were asked if they wanted to stay together. They said yes.
But ask yourself this, if 57 clubs left to join a new WOSL, why would 6 clubs think it would be in their best interests to remain?

25 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Should also add that it means the current WRSJFA management will no longer exist and a new management/board will be set up by the new WOSL.

So the West Region SJFA would basically cease to exist ?

I'm sure Gordon Ronney was asked the question about that scenario at the extra General Meeting, and his response was that wouldn't be acceptable. I could be wrong though.

Not if they all move in the one block. Which is what is being proposed by the WRSJFA. Move in with current 4 leagues.
What's the problem?

Out of interest have the SJFA said anything official about the Junior cup remaining open to WRJFA clubs in the pyramid? I’m asking as at the moment the SJFA I believe main competition is the Junior cup where as the pyramid focus is the league will the SJFA allow the WOSFL to treat cup fixtures as secondary? And is there any changes to replays and two legged semi final in the cup proposed for next year? The main negative I’ve heard from Junior fans over the cup is about the fixture backlog it creates so I’m just curious if you’ve heard anything official about any changes to the format to ease this?

I'm sure Gordon Ronney was asked the question about that scenario at the extra General Meeting, and his response was that wouldn't be acceptable. I could be wrong though.
Was that not before he agreed to change the Declaration of Support for the WRSJFA version to accept a new Declaration of joining the LL with the provisions as previously described?

Not if they all move in the one block. Which is what is being proposed by the WRSJFA. Move in with current 4 leagues.
What's the problem?

What's the problem you ask? Well...

What about clubs who don't want to be in the pyramid - this plan removes the choice.
How are they going to integrate any potential new members - not just which League to put them in, but are they going to be forced to become members of the Junior association (either SJFA or WRSJFA), what will happen if a current senior club is relegated into a "Junior" league etc, are the Junior leagues at Tiers 7 and below still going to have reinstatement and a ban on the devil's lanterns, etc.
Why is giving clubs an optional membership of the SJFA a good thing - what benefits do they get, othet than entry to the Junior Cup if entry going to be restricted to clubs who stay in the association?
As to the Junior Cup, what do clubs in the North and East have to say in all this? How are fixtures going to fitted in with them presumably following the traditional rules with Saturday after Saturday being used while clubs in the West will have to fit fixtures around the League and South Challenge and big Scottish Cup?
If current senior, amateur or whatever clubs don't have to join the Juniors, what happens to Junior clubs should they reach the SPFL? Will Talbot still be a "Junior" club and playing in the Junior Cup if they reach the Championship? If the big hitters in the West reach Lowland League or SPFL status and leave the Juniors, is the Junior Cup still going to mean anything? What about the clubs in the East who are former Junior clubs and who have been called traitors and worse - do they get back into the Junior fold if they want to?

These aren't in themselves insurmountable problems to solve but they are problems nonetheless. Having a new WoS League set up without Junior involvement is clearly a lot less messy. And that is the problem!

2 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
20 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Was that not before he agreed to change the Declaration of Support for the WRSJFA version to accept a new Declaration of joining the LL with the provisions as previously described?

I don't recall the declaration stating that the WRSJFA wouldn't exist and wouldn't be wishing to administer tiers 7, 8 and 9. I think it said something like "all clubs move together in current format". There are a number of clubs who still think they will be under the remit of the current WRSJFA administration if they move into the pyramid with everyone else, it hasn't been made clear to them that won't be the case.

Don't get me wrong, if Gordon can pull this off and get the LL to agree to it, and get the necessary constitutional changes through, then he will have done very well.

WoSL will prioritise League and South Challenge Cup going by what was said BCo (before Coronavirus).

What i meant was if the SJFA don’t make changes to how they run their cup and still have the members of the WOSFL (the WRJFA rebranded) you’re going to have the ERJFA and NRJFA putting their leagues on hold to play cup games and the WOSFL putting their cup games on hold to complete their league games. That could be a disaster. Whether WRJFA or LL run the WOSFL the focus will always be getting the league completed on time. All cups are secondary to the league.