Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 hours ago, G4Mac said:
8 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
Ah right ye are. I never even realised they had 'Juniors' in the title to begin with

Dunipace have been Dunipace fc for years now.

Image result for dunipace juniors

http://anyflip.com/aysu/ubgi

And are you not on p12? 😄

I am sure I remember your badge being altered for the new era whcih was why I assumed you had been juniors in the past.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1.jpg&key=8c57c6e5ece4119bef372ee2390784de584493839ae914070ffbb3cb25682ca5
http://anyflip.com/aysu/ubgi
And are you not on p12? [emoji1]
I am sure I remember your badge being altered for the new era whcih was why I assumed you had been juniors in the past.
Cant remember when it happened officially but it's been a few years since the club has been officially known, in legal terms, as juniors. But to be honest it matters not anyhow......we are happy where we are right now!

17 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

The highland league has named brora as champions today.

Brora                    26   72   

Inverurie             28   59

Fraserburgh      23   55

Play-off semi-final :

Brora  v   Kelty or Bonnyrigg ..........if played ?

Fraserburgh      23   55
Play-off semi-final :

HL got so many poor teams that won’t take points off the top sides that there’s no way Brora could likely drop the points needed to bring others into it. LL very different in that regard

23 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Fraserburgh      23   55

Play-off semi-final :

Easy to declare a winner in the HL as they were miles ahead and it has no effect on the bottom as there is no relegation.  

Progressive clubs "with a positive eye for the future" who will be part of the launch of the newly constituted WoSFL:

1. Clydebank (SJFA West Region Premiership)

2. Kilwinning Rangers (SJFA West Region Premiership)

3. Rutherglen Glencairn (SJFA West Region Premiership)

4. Bellshill Athletic (SJFA West League One)

More formal applicants to follow to be added to the growing list!

Edited by Pyramidic

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Easy to declare a winner in the HL as they were miles ahead and it has no effect on the bottom as there is no relegation.  

In reporting Brora Rangers becoming HFL champions, Sky Sports has just announced that there has been a suggestion that Brora and Kelty would both be promoted to SPFL 2, without a playoff. There would also be no relegation (of Brechin or Albion Rovs) from SPF:L 2, as the division would play with 2 extra clubs next season.

The HFL would reduce by one club, as the SFA has already asked that they reduce to 16 clubs, rather than 17 as at present.  Therefore, no 'knock-on effect' as there is currently no pyramid below the Highland League..

Also, the EoSL would need to designate its champion club ( Bo'Ness ?), to replace Kelty in the Lowland League..  

Sorted......or is it ?

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:
36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
No EoSFL play off with the SoSFL?

Only if the SoSFL champions are licensed.

With no football getting played again this season (surely) then can see SOS being in a bit of a jam. While licenced Threave are clear leaders on points, Stranraer SoS have 4 games in hand and are 10 pts behind. Not massively dissimilar to Talbot's false position in our league. I honestly think fairest way to resolve these unfinished leagues is to go on points per game. On that basis, Stranraer SOS would just sneak it.

Edited by cmontheloknow

With no football getting played again this season (surely) then can see SOS being in a bit of a jam. While licenced Threave are clear leaders on points, Stranraer SoS have 4 games in hand and are 10 pts behind. Not massively dissimilar to Talbot's false position in our league. I honestly think fairest way to resolve these unfinished leagues is to go on points per game. On that basis, Stranraer SOS would just sneak it.
Points per game, as has been discussed elsewhere, isn't any fairer than just taking it on points at the moment.

Fixture imbalance and calloffs, where some contenders have played each other twice but others not at all, make points per game at this stage just as false as actual points accrued.

Neither reflect what the positions would be at the end of a season or how well, relative to each other, any team has done to this point.

Option 1. Finish it when we get started again

Option 2. Void.

Anything else you'd be as well pulling the names of the teams who can still mathematically win (or be relegated) out of a hat. That would be just as fair as using current points or current points per game or current standings.

7 hours ago, Countryman said:

If clubs want to opt out fine but they will become almost amateur over time. 

Exactly. This is why I believe an all-in approach is in everyone's interests. Otherwise the whole thing will drag on for years as reluctant west clubs slowly trickle over to the WOSL to avoid fading into irrelevance.

No one likes to force clubs into anything. Better junior leadership would have been able to convince just about everyone, but theres still time.

Don't forget there were some clubs in the east who only went senior because neighbouring clubs did so. Yet not one has regretted their decision, it was fine in the end, and was in everyone's interest despite these clubs not wanting to move originally.

10 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Points per game, as has been discussed elsewhere, isn't any fairer than just taking it on points at the moment.

Fixture imbalance and calloffs, where some contenders have played each other twice but others not at all, make points per game at this stage just as false as actual points accrued.

Neither reflect what the positions would be at the end of a season or how well, relative to each other, any team has done to this point.

Option 1. Finish it when we get started again

Option 2. Void.

Anything else you'd be as well pulling the names of the teams who can still mathematically win (or be relegated) out of a hat. That would be just as fair as using current points or current points per game or current standings.

Option 1 League season would need to be extended to 30th June. Junior Cup for this season put on hold. Resumes start of next season and the 4 clubs that eventually get into semi finals a bye in the first round when 2020-21 competition starts.

Only going to happen if League can get started again by  May. I can't see this ever happening though. Also ignoring the changes that may occur anyway with new WoSL.

Option 2 Fairest option. If there is a new WoSL start with conferences.

Im surprised by the HL decison.

Hate to say this but have to. It is not out with the realms of reasonable possibility that since a vaccine isn't expected until next year, the virus impact rumbles on for months and lasts beyond the start of next season. 

By the time the coast is clear there might not be that much time to do anything other than finish off this seasons remaining games. 

Obviously this is a worst case scenario everyone desperately doesn't want to see, but until it can be ruled out, it seems to me there is no point in calling an end to seasons right now.

9 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Obviously this is a worst case scenario everyone desperately doesn't want to see, but until it can be ruled out, it seems to me there is no point in calling an end to seasons right now.

There is no point declaring winners right now. But at some point they will have to say the season is void.

Season is void so no useful information can be determined from current League positions!

However, we do need to seed the Conferences, what shall we use? I've got an idea why don't we use current League positions? And have 4 teams from each League in a Conference and include non Junior applicants.

No recognition whatsoever of the level that teams have played at for years. It will be very few that have been relegated or promoted more than one League.

But because the EoS did this, in completely different circumstances, new applicants joining an established League rather than the transfer of an active League structure, the West has to follow suit. 

Total waste of a season.