Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Yes, that's a fair point. Any club who may be interested now but weren't at the meeting are welcome to contact me, but their best point of contact is George Fraser himself. He is a very open and approachable man.

By the way, the WRSJFA haven't yet provide any minutes of their "extra General Meeting" two days earlier either. You would have expected that to be standard procedure expected by the member clubs. Whereas the WoSFL is not yet an official organisation and has no official members yet.

Yes, that's a fair point. Any club who may be interested now but weren't at the meeting are welcome to contact me, but their best point of contact is George Fraser himself. He is a very open and approachable man.

His email contact was on this thread somewhere. Anybody willing to find and put it on here again?

Edited by Dev

When will the LL announce details of the applicants? Looks like they have enough to go alone. Shame not all Juniors could get involved 
The LL promised total discretion for clubs even at the application stage. It is entirely up to individual clubs whether or not they make it public knowledge that they have applied.

9 minutes ago, edinabear said:

When will the LL announce details of the applicants? Looks like they have enough to go alone. Shame not all Juniors could get involved 

Isn't it the idea that the Lowland League will not release the names of the applicants? Clubs could choose to go public if they wished. There will be a formal announcement eventually.

Depending on how things go at Monday's meeting I wonder if the Lowland League will extend their dead-line for applications?  

Isn't it the idea that the Lowland League will not release the names of the applicants? Clubs could choose to go public if they wished. There will be a formal announcement eventually.
Depending on how things go at Monday's meeting I wonder if the Lowland League will extend their dead-line for applications?  
They said at the information meeting that they didn't think that would be necessary as clubs have had plenty of notice about the deadline, and they then have to get paperwork in place for an SFA board meeting in mid May.

2 hours ago, G4Mac said:

The sfa dont control any of the leagues, the spfl run tier 1 to 4. The LL and HL run tier 5 and the LL eos and sos run tier 6 and below, for clubs under the tay boundary line.

The sfa administer discipline and rules. They dont, rightly so, have the capacity to tell a league to do anything or steamroller anything in.

Which was made clear around a year ago with a 'done deal approach'. Scottish football isnt broken, it is very much alive and can have a bright future. But only if the meddling hands if those out to keep their own jobs remain out of the picture. emoji6.png

The SFA is in charge of Scottish Football. It could make it impossible finacially etc for leagues and teams to want  to stay outside the pyramid, but as a weak organisation has chosen not to, that is what I from England, I see at least 2 decades of farce north of the border.

The coming together may happen without them, despite them, true, but the Scottish FA have truly been asleep at the wheel for 30 plus years. Unusually we are doing better south of the border, in many other things we do not, because the English FA has over the years made sure it has accrued enough power to get things done with league and club co-operation.

I truely hope that a system that works for all emerges, and it probably will as people on the ground eventually realise what is good for them even if those at the very top are ignorant.

The SFA is in charge of Scottish Football. It could make it impossible finacially etc for leagues and teams to want  to stay outside the pyramid, but as a weak organisation has chosen not to, that is what I from England, I see at least 2 decades of farce north of the border.
The coming together may happen without them, despite them, true, but the Scottish FA have truly been asleep at the wheel for 30 plus years. Unusually we are doing better south of the border, in many other things we do not, because the English FA has over the years made sure it has accrued enough power to get things done with league and club co-operation.
I truely hope that a system that works for all emerges, and it probably will as people on the ground eventually realise what is good for them even if those at the very top are ignorant.
You are missing the point though.

Teams who dont want to be part if the pyramid shouldnt be punished for it, they should still have a league to play in. Your suggestions is unwarranted and very cut throat.

The sfa arent weak for allowing associations to run their own leagues within the pyramid, they are brave and future proofing things so the CEO cant just steamroller clubs into whatever system he chooses.

Playing in the pyramid should be a choice, where every club are free to make their own minds up based on the pros and cons.

Punitive measures for non conformity rarely turn out well, in any circumstance.

Playing in the pyramid should be a choice, where every club are free to make their own minds up based on the pros and cons.

Correct, and under the LL's plan then that's exactly how it is. If you want to be part of it, then apply. If you don't want to be part of it, then nobody is forcing you to apply.

Under the WRSJFA's plan, however, all teams would enter the pyramid together, whether they want to or not. Only 46 out of 63 teams expressed an interest in the LL's plan, so you have to assume that the other 17 didn't really want to be part of the pyramid.

27 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Teams who dont want to be part if the pyramid shouldnt be punished for it, they should still have a league to play in. Your suggestions is unwarranted and very cut throat.

The only body punishing them will be the WRJFA, if they pursue their "all in" agenda and leave the "remainers" without a league to play in.

That needn't be a disaster. Forming a new league isn't difficult, and they would probably be welcomed as "Juniors" by the SJFA, who would be glad of a few new members.

22 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

The sfa arent weak for allowing associations to run their own leagues within the pyramid, they are brave and future proofing things so the CEO cant just steamroller clubs into whatever system he chooses.

My main critism was that the SFA dropped the ball 20+ years ago. The things I mentioned should really have started gradually back then. Things will get sorted now despite the SFA and those leagues not under the pyramid will weaken in my opinion, from the English experience, and up at the equivalent of tier 9 or 10 in reality and quality.

As I said I expect the clubs to sort it out themsleves now and make a good job of it. This being either the LL WOS solution or something very close to it, and similar in the North. If clubs want to opt out fine but they will become almost amateur over time. This will happen becase this where Scottish football is where it is now, making the best of a mess an ambivalent sfa has created.

45 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

This.  English clubs with their single national association have no choice but to put up with the anal-retentive obsessions with ground-grading and geographical symmetry of those who run the pyramid there.  Scottish clubs can simply stay/return to being Junior if they wish.

58 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

the association's are not run by the sfa they run themselves.but are affiliated.the league's run the pyramid.spfl.LL.shfl eos.and the sos.

This is the main stumbling block,to play in the pyramid you must be a league thats why we are looking to form a west of Scotland LEAGUE!!!.which in turn allows access to the ground grants Scottish cup entry once you are licensed.there are clubs who don't wish to play in the pyramid who wish to stay in their present grade.this all in attitude which Gordon Rooney has adopted does not give these clubs the choice,if you wish to play in the pyramid submit a application if you don't then do not apply its that simple.its not the SFAs give to allow this its the league's.

if you wish to play in the pyramid submit a application if you don't then do not apply its that simple.

Yep, it really is that simple. I don't know why it has been made so complicated by trying to get teams into the pyramid who clearly don't want to.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Yep, it really is that simple. I don't know why it has been made so complicated by trying to get teams into the pyramid who clearly don't want to.

Always appreciate your comments glensmad but are there any clubs that have actually made a firm declaration or inference that they would not be interested in joining the LL led WoSFL new pyramid league initiative? Or are we still gazing into a misty crystal ball?

Always appreciate your comments glensmad but are there any clubs that have actually made a firm declaration or inference that they would not be interested in joining the LL led WoSFL new pyramid league initiative? Or are we still gazing into a misty crystal ball?
I don't think any team has definitively stated "we don't want any part of this". However that is not what is being requested of them at the moment. They are in a league, they don't have to say anything until they are being forced to go somewhere that they don't want to go.

However, only 46 out of 63 WRSJFA teams expressed an interest in the LL-WoSFL plan, so you have to assume that the other 17 aren't interested.

2 hours ago, G4Mac said:

the association's are not run by the sfa they run themselves.but are affiliated.the league's run the pyramid.spfl.LL.shfl eos.and the sos.

This is the main stumbling block,to play in the pyramid you must be a league thats why we are looking to form a west of Scotland LEAGUE!!!.which in turn allows access to the ground grants Scottish cup entry once you are licensed.there are clubs who don't wish to play in the pyramid who wish to stay in their present grade.this all in attitude which Gordon Rooney has adopted does not give these clubs the choice,if you wish to play in the pyramid submit a application if you don't then do not apply its that simple.its not the SFAs give to allow this its the league's.