Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

37 minutes ago, stanley said:

If I was to put out a statement with incorrect information then I'd expect to be called out for it.  Maybe people have a different definition of the word "abuse" or there are other comments on other sites we haven't seen.

He also completely slandered the LL etc. and hasn't retracted his incorrect comments.  Well, he does say "My assessment and assumptions were obviously wrong" I suppose.

I wouldn't say he completed slandered the LL. The problem was he never represented their side at all in the original statement. He gave voice to the fears that clubs have of being left behind or cherrypicking, but never followed that up by saying the LL answered that wouldn't happen.

Also in ignoring the LL side of the story and saying he had been in constant contact with Gordon Ronney didn't exactly help. Best mates with the WJFA but can't even get George Fraser's league body right doesn't look like you're paying close attention to matters.

25 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wouldn't say he completed slandered the LL. The problem was he never represented their side at all in the original statement. He gave voice to the fears that clubs have of being left behind or cherrypicking, but never followed that up by saying the LL answered that wouldn't happen.

Also in ignoring the LL side of the story and saying he had been in constant contact with Gordon Ronney didn't exactly help. Best mates with the WJFA but can't even get George Fraser's league body right doesn't look like you're paying close attention to matters.

I agree with everything your saying. I just can't help but feel this is all totally unnecessary. The statement was slanted and people have had there say on it. But Arthurlie have lost a long standing servant of the club as a result. People will always have their loyalties and allegiances and there is nothing wrong with that. Hopefully in the next week we will see a clearer picture emerge and we can all move on together. 

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.e8c89534c42d554bb2a7aa8d5a767e13.png

image.png.429c0468e1f83847d7765e3b3bcff738.png

image.png.91890d2149fd5e98fa31f87913c592ff.png

image.png.da2d70e56d215821393ed2bb1d39a7ba.png

image.png.28240955e9a42f826669fa55f6607177.png

image.png.e6cf40d6e8a96dcc3aab12cd46722acc.png

image.png.b158048f235d4312670efdba07730857.png

You might not consider it abusive. But just about every comment on Twitter is aiming criticism at the statement and sometimes the author.

If that's what the club has been seeing all day with no positive commentary of any kind. You can understand him choosing to step away feeling he's made a mistake and the club is being faulted for it.

I don't see anything abusive in this one......

IMG_20200320_002151.JPG

5 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

IMG_20200320_002151.JPG

Being my usual Devil's Advocate self, I see no 'abuse' of the man in these comments whatsoever. Maybe there exist ad hominem comments elsewhere in wwwland, but all I see here are sensible, measured, negative reactions to the statement of the 18th. inst.

5 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

IMG_20200320_002151.JPG

The quotes were to illustrate the stream of negativity towards the statement. Making it more understandable why he would choose to stand down rather than the possibility of being asked to stand down. Basically every comment twitter was a criticism of some kind and generally accusing the club/author in misrepresenting things in some way or just outright lying. Which is why I can understand him choosing to resign because he doesn't want that negative light being placed on Arthurlie as a club when it was something he did alone.

I'm not going to judge what he would consider abusive as I don't have access to all of Arthurlie's social media, so I don't know what he may have been referring to in terms of abuse.

It's a shame this has brought about a resignation, but to my mind not entirely unconnected to the change of focus a few days before the WRSJFA meeting when they changed who they wanted to attend to two out of three of each club's president/VP/secretary.

Some clubs, ourselves included, were unable to accommodate who they asked for at such short notice and sent who they were going to send anyway.

No idea why this was...it's not like two random senior officebearers from each club would have carte blanche to act unilaterally in any votes that were potentially taken at the meeting without then having to go back to their club and justify their decision. Considering no-one had any sort of idea of the WR's proposals ahead of the meeting, and that could have put some presidents/VPs/secretaries in very difficult positions if votes had been taken.

Also not outwith the bounds of possibility that the senior officebearers might be seen as having a more long-standing relationship with the region, be a bit more reactionary and in with the bricks and ultimately a bit more complaisant to the WR's cause?

In the Arthurlie case, the original statement was so loaded with basic inaccuracies that it was never going to go uncorrected once it had been released into the public domain. Subsequent highlighting of those inaccuracies does not constitute abuse.

Everyone has the right to an opinion but I suppose you need to be careful in what capacity the opinion is given. Club statements (IMO) need to straddle a line of neutrality unless explicitly going in one direction or the other. If he had posted that under his own name on an FB comment or on Twitter, then fine (he'd still be called out on it but not the club itself). But was it his right to produce that official statement without agreement of other AFC officials?

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

' I wouldn't say he completed slandered the LL. The problem was he never represented their side at all in the original statement. He gave voice to the fears that clubs have of being left behind or cherrypicking, but never followed that up by saying the LL answered that wouldn't happen.'.

Thats the most important part, he's only told one side of the story.

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The quotes were to illustrate the stream of negativity towards the statement. Making it more understandable why he would choose to stand down rather than the possibility of being asked to stand down. Basically every comment twitter was a criticism of some kind and generally accusing the club/author in misrepresenting things in some way or just outright lying. Which is why I can understand him choosing to resign because he doesn't want that negative light being placed on Arthurlie as a club when it was something he did alone.

I'm not going to judge what he would consider abusive as I don't have access to all of Arthurlie's social media, so I don't know what he may have been referring to in terms of abuse.

Ive looked at Facebook and twitter. The only statement that could be perhaps considered abusive was someone calling for him to be sacked.

I was just being a bit silly pulling out that one particular comment about factual inaccuracies and rhetoric, as it was  MY comment ! Lol

IMG_20200320_073118.JPG

18 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Does any one have a link to original statement ?

Formation of New League for Season 2020-2021 as part of Proposed Pyramid Structure. 

Members of Arthurlie F.C. Executive Committee attended meetings at Hampden Park on Tuesday 10th March 2020 & Thursday 12th March 2020 to listen to proposals from the separate parties relating to the formation of a new West of Scotland League as part of the Pyramid system.

The meeting convened on Tuesday 10th March was organised by Gordon Ronney, a member of the West of Scotland Junior F.A. Committee.

Gordon outlined a plan to be submitted to The Pyramid Working Group (PWG) which would involve all West of Scotland Junior Clubs joining the new league as part of the Pyramid System but retaining their Junior Status.

Previous meetings with the East of Scotland League (EOSL), Lowland League (LL),

South of Scotland League (SOSL) and West Junior FA overseen by Rod Petrie of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) had constantly “hit the buffers” with no semblance of agreement being reached.

From an initial total of 6 separate proposals the members present unanimously voted that proposal 4 which suited all the Clubs present would be the one submitted on behalf of the West League Clubs for discussion by the PWG at their meeting on the afternoon of Thursday 12th March @ 3pm.

This was an afternoon meeting organised to precede the meeting organised by LL, SOSL, and EOSL for West League Clubs to attend in the evening of 12th March. This meeting duly went ahead at 7pm with a healthy attendance by West League Clubs.

Mr George Fraser of EOSL conducted proceedings and along with representatives of LL, and SOSL faced a number of questions from those attending.

It was apparent from the answers given by these representatives at the top table that agreement had not yet been reached on the West League’s proposal but that a further meeting of the PWG had been scheduled for Monday 23rd March with the hope that some sort of deal, that would be agreeable to all parties, could be thrashed out in order that the initial proposed deadline date of 31st March when Clubs are to register as part of the Pyramid System could be met.

What was evident from both meetings attended by West League Clubs was that:

Most clubs are interested in being involved in the New Pyramid venture

A number of Clubs fear being left behind and allowed to die if they do not meet the relevant entrance criteria.

There is a suspicion amongst the West League Clubs that a “cherry picking” system would come into play to form a West of Scotland League (WOSL) and the smaller Clubs would be left behind. The West League Junior Proposal would not allow this to happen to any Club

Arthurlie, like most Junior Clubs are governed by their Club Constitution and have in accordance with this arranged to hold an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) with the Club’s Season ticket holders on Wednesday 25th March in order to submit, discuss and agree any proposal / proposals  put forward by the PWG following their meeting of Monday 23rd March.

The Club President has been in constant dialogue with Mr Ronney and from the information received the plan going forward is for the PWG to meet on Monday 23rd March and agree a proposal which would be acceptable to the SFA and all the relevant governing bodies who would oversee the plan with the view to presenting the proposal / proposals to all West League Clubs on Tuesday 24th March.

This would allow the proposal / proposals to be discussed by Arthurlie F.C. Season ticket holders at the EGM on Wednesday 25th March.

However due to the current Corona Virus Crisis the meeting at Hampden for all West League Clubs to attend on Tuesday 24th March has been postponed with no alternative date yet given.

If agreement is reached by the PWG at their meeting on Monday 23rd March the proposals may be made available on line which would then allow all Clubs to discuss the relevant points internally.

It does seem that trying to get an agreement agreed and through by 31st March is probably not a viable prospect.

Should the scheduled EGM on Wednesday 25th March be postponed this information will be posted on Social Media and Arthurlie F.C official website before Tuesday in an effort to try and contact Season Ticket holders to inform them of the postponement.

13 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Saw this quote elsewhere and it seems apt.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ― Soren Kierkegaard

Never has anything said on this thread been more apt than a quote from the founder of absurdist thinking. Especially in the current climate.

14 hours ago, santheman said:

I just feel a great sense of sadness that the game has lost a guy who has given so much of his life to his local club regardless of what has happened over the last 2 days.

Hopefully his letter of resignation doesn't get accepted and this storm in a tea cup is quickly forgotten about. Fingers crossed a common sense outcome is agreed on the 23rd that will get all 63 west region clubs into the new WoS along with the other suitable applicants from other grades.

Don't believe some of the posts on here.let me make it very clear NO club will be left behind unless its their own choice. and there will be NO cherry picking what so ever. all applications will be treated the same.we are amazed at the amount of scare mongering thats going on.clubs will need the minimum criteria. which we think they all have.but again they need to apply if they dont they can stay in their respective setup.anybody or club who has any fears should contact mr George Fraser.he is very approachable and will tell them all they need to know. lets be very clear this is not and never has been a attempt to bring down junior football its about trying to at least unify all non-league football.the main thing Gordon ronney wished to keep was the Scottish junior cup and why not it has a long history and tradition.but allow the clubs to choose to play in.he offered that and club from outside the sjfa could play in the competition. 

the only way to try and unify the non-league level which we are all part of is to mirror image rules.regulations registrations.so we are all the same. this twisting of the truth to gain brownie points is sad to hear as most people on here are football fans and should all have the same agenda to improve the game for the better.

16 hours ago, santheman said:

I just feel a great sense of sadness that the game has lost a guy who has given so much of his life to his local club regardless of what has happened over the last 2 days.

And someone red dots that post which just sums up the toxic nature of this forum at the moment.

Yep, the only way at the moment to guarantee not being left behind is to put in an application.

It really is that simple.

If the PWG talks succeed and we all move together, then that's fine and nobody is left behind. But at the moment there's no 100% guarantee that will happen, so if you don't want to get left behind and you want to be part of the pyramid next season then all you need to do is lodge an application. It takes about 5 minutes to fill out the form and email it, nothing complicated in it whatsoever. Then if the PWG talks are successful it won't matter if you've put your form in or not, but at least you won't be in a rush to meet the deadline.

one main problem however. is in the event of not all clubs moving to the new wosfl. gordon ronney has not told us what will happen to them.which is a big concern for these club's and for us.surely he will not abandon them. some clubs fear they are not in a position to move.they should put in a application they can always withdraw it later.was told he said you take the 63 clubs but we want the Scottish junior cup.

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Yep, the only way at the moment to guarantee not being left behind is to put in an application.

It really is that simple.

If the PWG talks succeed and we all move together, then that's fine and nobody is left behind. But at the moment there's no 100% guarantee that will happen, so if you don't want to get left behind and you want to be part of the pyramid next season then all you need to do is lodge an application. It takes about 5 minutes to fill out the form and email it, nothing complicated in it whatsoever. Then if the PWG talks are successful it won't matter if you've put your form in or not, but at least you won't be in a rush to meet the deadline.

The PWG meeting on Monday next, needs to be given the facts from the WRJFA as to how many of its clubs agree to join the pyramid "all-in", how many don't want to join, and how many haven't given any confirmation as yet. (club meetings pending ?)  This is essential, if the meeting is to reach a conclusion, one way or the other. A general WRJFA Management announcement stating "all- in is agreed", will not be acceptable.

The clock is ticking .

Or alternatively the LL crack on with their own wosfl, get applications in and assess what they have. Leaving all wrsjfa clubs an opportunity to either join the pyramid or remain junior. No one included that doesnt wish to be.