Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Certainly don't think its something to resign over. Regardless of any nitpicking Arthurlie have obviously been a club that has engaged with both sides. They even made public their note of interest when they didn't have to.

It's hardly nitpicking. He issued a statement - in the club's name - full of what can charitably be described as inaccuracies. Less charitably, lies. He had to go. I'd like to think his fellow committee members told him so.

Dont see any reason for his resignation.dont really know why theres another meeting thought we had reached agreement but the wrjfa.asked.it may be to tell us not all their clubs wish to come over,as its our belief they have not been given the chance to declare one way or another.clubs who submit a application have made a decision. its not binding until they pay the bond.why has this been so hard and why has it taking so long just to get clubs looking  for change.clubs should be talking to the east clubs who moved over about the benefits. Said this earlier today football is football thats why we care.

...his fellow committee members told him so.

Reading between the lines, I suspect that to be the case. I have checked the announcement links on Facebook and Twitter, and there are only measured responses querying the contents, no "abuse" whatsoever. The same on here.

15 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

It's hardly nitpicking. He issued a statement - in the club's name - full of what can charitably be described as inaccuracies. Less charitably, lies. He had to go. I'd like to think his fellow committee members told him so.

I think a retraction and reissuing the statement with just the information around the next couple of meetings without his commentary would of been acceptable.

I just feel a great sense of sadness that the game has lost a guy who has given so much of his life to his local club regardless of what has happened over the last 2 days.

Yes, that's very true, but we really don't know the real reason for his resignation. He has cited online abuse today towards his club after the statement, but there is no evidence of that on here, or Facebook, or Twitter. I suspect there are other things that we don't know behind this.

I just feel a great sense of sadness that the game has lost a guy who has given so much of his life to his local club regardless of what has happened over the last 2 days.

Definitely, it’s sad to see anyone resign that’s worked hard for their club, don’t know about online abuse (not seen any but that doesn’t mean it’s not happened) but I think clubs need to be careful in their statements to just state facts and not opinions or spin. Big decisions coming up for the leagues and clubs. Get the facts out and teams can then make informed decisions. Lots of strong opinion on clubs boards but ultimately it’s up to the membership to make the final call.

29 minutes ago, santheman said:

I also agree. I don't see why the guy needs totally to sever his association with the club. His past service should be honoured and he should be encouraged to contribute at an appropriate level.

The wider problem, with all "voluntary" organisations, is that people who put in stalwart service at a low level tend to be rewarded with promotion to higher and higher positons , for which they are not always fitted. I don't know the answer.

BTW if I'm wrong and the offending statement wasn't his own, but was agreed by the committee, then they all need to resign.

I also agree. I don't see why the guy needs totally to sever his association with the club. His past service should be honoured and he should be encouraged to contribute at an appropriate level.
The wider problem, with all "voluntary" organisations, is that people who put in stalwart service at a low level tend to be rewarded with promotion to higher and higher positons , for which they are not always fitted. I don't know the answer.
BTW if I'm wrong and the offending statement wasn't his own, but was agreed by the committee, then they all need to resign.

I think his resignation statement says that he takes full responsibility for the earlier statement. Which, reading between the lines, suggests to me that others don't agree with its contents.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, santheman said:

Yes, that's very true, but we really don't know the real reason for his resignation. He has cited online abuse today towards his club after the statement, but there is no evidence of that on here, or Facebook, or Twitter. I suspect there are other things that we don't know behind this.

image.png.e8c89534c42d554bb2a7aa8d5a767e13.png

image.png.429c0468e1f83847d7765e3b3bcff738.png

image.png.91890d2149fd5e98fa31f87913c592ff.png

image.png.da2d70e56d215821393ed2bb1d39a7ba.png

image.png.28240955e9a42f826669fa55f6607177.png

image.png.e6cf40d6e8a96dcc3aab12cd46722acc.png

image.png.b158048f235d4312670efdba07730857.png

You might not consider it abusive. But just about every comment on Twitter is aiming criticism at the statement and sometimes the author.

If that's what the club has been seeing all day with no positive commentary of any kind. You can understand him choosing to step away feeling he's made a mistake and the club is being faulted for it.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Its a very sad state of affairs if anybody who has given 20years plus service to a club feels compelled to resign for a statement issued on behalf of his club.like i said earlier we are baffled by a second meeting.it was our believe that the next meeting was due in April.this meeting can only be to iron out the detail of the application format.if anyone knows him please ask him to reconsider this action.belive me life is simple its our reactions to anything that causes problems.

image.png.e8c89534c42d554bb2a7aa8d5a767e13.png
image.png.429c0468e1f83847d7765e3b3bcff738.png
image.png.91890d2149fd5e98fa31f87913c592ff.png
image.png.da2d70e56d215821393ed2bb1d39a7ba.png
image.png.28240955e9a42f826669fa55f6607177.png
image.png.e6cf40d6e8a96dcc3aab12cd46722acc.png
image.png.b158048f235d4312670efdba07730857.png
You might not consider it abusive. But just about every comment on Twitter is aiming criticism at the statement and sometimes the author.
If that's what the club has been seeing all day with no positive commentary of any kind. You consider under him choosing to step away feeling he's made a mistake and the club is being faulted for it.

I dont consider it abusive because its in no way abusive. Its a nonsense statement and deserving of being called out.

If I was to put out a statement with incorrect information then I'd expect to be called out for it.  Maybe people have a different definition of the word "abuse" or there are other comments on other sites we haven't seen.

He also completely slandered the LL etc. and hasn't retracted his incorrect comments.  Well, he does say "My assessment and assumptions were obviously wrong" I suppose.

Edited by stanley

Guest Moomintroll
If I was to put out a statement with incorrect information then I'd expect to be called out for it.  Maybe people have a different definition of the word "abuse" or there are other comments on other sites we haven't seen.
He also completely slandered the LL etc. and hasn't retracted his incorrect comments.
Aye but f**k the LL.

Roll on the meeting on 23rd to put to bed the nonsense being posted on here.

Did any of the misbelievers actually attend the meeting on the 12th? Most who did attend came away with a feeling of positivity that compromise was likely.

The cancelled meeting on the 24th was surely to pass on the outcome of the meeting on the 23rd and to discuss options if any Club didn't want to move. 

All this talk of WRJFA sub plots and ulterior motives, give me strength. The people that want this to fail are posters on here and the majority don't support West Region Clubs. 

"I do not want to jeopardise the future of Arthurlie Football Club in the forthcoming negotiations to become a member of the new West of Scotland League....."

That suggests to me that he doesn't agree with others at the club who think a different direction should be followed.

Time will tell.