Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

27 minutes ago, Peasyman said:
17 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:
I’m curious where this notion of cherry picking has come from? Perhaps Arthurlie would be better served if someone from their committee contacted George Fraser direction  rather than relying on the word of Gordon Ronney. 

We were told at the Thursday night meeting that there would be no cherry picking, maybe the Arthurlie delegate just had a typo with a word missing

If only. Sadly the whole statement is full of holes and that suggests to me it's been written that way on purpose. 

Don’t see what this campaign of misinformation achieves at this stage, the LL and EOS can read everything that’s being said on social media. The WRJFA are about to enter talks with the LL and EOS to become the WOSFL. If the LL and EOS believe they’ve been deliberately spreading misinformation about their offer to clubs to undermine them then it’s hardly going to help convince them that you’re an organisation they wish to work with going forward. It’s more likely the LL and EOS will now want you no where near their WOSFL. The WRJFA could find this backfires and forces the partial PWG to collapse again.

24 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t see what this campaign of misinformation achieves at this stage, the LL and EOS can read everything that’s being said on social media. The WRJFA are about to enter talks with the LL and EOS to become the WOSFL. If the LL and EOS believe they’ve been deliberately spreading misinformation about their offer to clubs to undermine them then it’s hardly going to help convince them that you’re an organisation they wish to work with going forward. It’s more likely the LL and EOS will now want you no where near their WOSFL. The WRJFA could find this backfires and forces the partial PWG to collapse again.

Perhaps it's an attempt to prevent clubs from declaring for the WOSFL on their own.

The longer they show a united front the more negotiating power they should have. At least that's the perception they might have.

If their ultimate goal is to keep the Junior Cup going and therefore Junior football alive it's going to help to have as many on the WJFA side as possible.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Perhaps it's an attempt to prevent clubs from declaring for the WOSFL on their own.

The longer they show a united front the more negotiating power they should have. At least that's the perception they might have.

If their ultimate goal is to keep the Junior Cup going and therefore Junior football alive it's going to help to have as many on the WJFA side as possible.

That only works if the WOSFL doesn't have enough viable members, what's the likely hood of that at this stage?

1 hour ago, Lowland team said:

For every player going through the points limit.is it paid monthly or at the end of the season.

Fines are due, at the most, monthly. That includes point accumulation fines, straight red fines and cautions in cup games. 

3 hours ago, Lowland team said:

Even at that you would loose money if you have a bus or expenses for car travel.did they not think about regional ties.before a all in approach.it could cost more than you could make if you got knocked out at the 1st round.

Used to be like that. The Scottish Junior Cup used to be regional in the earlier rounds. I think maybe the first three rounds were regional. 

The clubs must've voted to change it. I know we didn't get a non-West team in the earlier rounds until we got Tranent in the first round in 1964.

45 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

That only works if the WOSFL doesn't have enough viable members, what's the likely hood of that at this stage?

The WOSFL will be going ahead. The only way all the clubs will all stick together is by joining that. This does still seem to be the WR plan though it does worry me they initially planned a meeting the day after the PWG meeting and a week before application deadline.

with regard to fines ,  the player gets fined. some clubs pay the fines some take it of the player. hence my earlier query about amateurs.

the membership fee for the sjfa is  £35.00 the region around £80.00 also I think the west meeting was to reveal the p w g outcome

1 hour ago, marconi said:

with regard to fines ,  the player gets fined. some clubs pay the fines some take it of the player. hence my earlier query about amateurs.

If the club pays the fine for the player, then that is a taxable benefit. I trust that is all being declared ...

Edited by Stag Nation
To make quote clear

20 minutes ago, marconi said:

the membership fee for the sjfa is  £35.00 the region around £80.00 also I think the west meeting was to reveal the p w g outcome

They (WR) said it was in the clubs interest to go to this meeting - WHY?

Couldn't the outcome be revealed by email or a joint statement on LL, EoSL. WR websites?

That meeting was in case there wasn't a compromise.

45 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The WOSFL will be going ahead. The only way all the clubs will all stick together is by joining that. This does still seem to be the WR plan though it does worry me they initially planned a meeting the day after the PWG meeting and a week before application deadline.

It just a sign of desperation by the SJFA (alias WRJFA)! Wouldn't bet against more similar antics ahead.

Clubs and the Lowland League just need to continue to stand firm.

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

It just a sign of desperation by the SJFA (alias WRJFA)! Wouldn't bet against more similar antics ahead.

Clubs and the Lowland League just need to continue to stand firm.

I was optimistic of a compromise outcome until they announced they wanted this meeting.

Fucking hell, Arthurlie are rapidly becoming the Rangers (2012) of the junior world! Ongoing abuse = people pointing out the errors in the initial statement. His resignation is probably for the best, let's hope they find someone less whiny, and more able to understand abstract (which is to say non-junior) concepts, for the benefit of the club.

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Arthurlie FC Statement Update

SUBJECT: Follow up to Statement of Wednesday 18th March 2020.

As President of Arthurlie Football Club I was solely responsible for compiling and issuing the statement of 18th March relating to the ongoing negotiations with the West League SJFA, Lowland League, East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League in relation to the formation of a West of Scotland League as part of the Pyramid System.

My intention in issuing the statement was to inform the supporters and members of Arthurlie F.C of the recent ongoing negotiations relating to the formation of a West of Scotland League as I saw it having attended an informative meeting at Hampden Park on Tuesday 10th March.

Considering the length of time negotiations on this subject have been going on (Brexit eat your heart out) with little or no progress I felt we were at last making progress with the proposals to be submitted to the Pyramid Working Group.

My assessment and assumptions were obviously wrong considering the ongoing abuse levelled at my Club on line over the past 12 hours.

During the course of the meeting on 10th March I spoke privately to some Club delegates who I have formed a friendship with over the period of 22 years that I have been involved with Arthurlie and they expressed apprehension for their future.

This situation should not exist.

I do not want to jeopardise the future of Arthurlie Football Club in the forthcoming negotiations to become a member of the new West of Scotland League and as such I intend to terminate my association with the Club as of today, Thursday 19th March 2020.

I will submit my letter of resignation to the Club Secretary, Jim Hannigan tomorrow so that the Club Committee can fill the position of President as quickly as possible.

I wish the Club and particularly the new Management Team all the best and have great expectations for next season whatever league we are playing in.

Arthur McGettigan

Ex – President Arthurlie F.C.

19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Arthurlie FC Statement Update

SUBJECT: Follow up to Statement of Wednesday 18th March 2020.

As President of Arthurlie Football Club I was solely responsible for compiling and issuing the statement of 18th March relating to the ongoing negotiations with the West League SJFA, Lowland League, East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League in relation to the formation of a West of Scotland League as part of the Pyramid System.

My intention in issuing the statement was to inform the supporters and members of Arthurlie F.C of the recent ongoing negotiations relating to the formation of a West of Scotland League as I saw it having attended an informative meeting at Hampden Park on Tuesday 10th March.

Considering the length of time negotiations on this subject have been going on (Brexit eat your heart out) with little or no progress I felt we were at last making progress with the proposals to be submitted to the Pyramid Working Group.

My assessment and assumptions were obviously wrong considering the ongoing abuse levelled at my Club on line over the past 12 hours.

During the course of the meeting on 10th March I spoke privately to some Club delegates who I have formed a friendship with over the period of 22 years that I have been involved with Arthurlie and they expressed apprehension for their future.

This situation should not exist.

I do not want to jeopardise the future of Arthurlie Football Club in the forthcoming negotiations to become a member of the new West of Scotland League and as such I intend to terminate my association with the Club as of today, Thursday 19th March 2020.

I will submit my letter of resignation to the Club Secretary, Jim Hannigan tomorrow so that the Club Committee can fill the position of President as quickly as possible.

I wish the Club and particularly the new Management Team all the best and have great expectations for next season whatever league we are playing in.

Arthur McGettigan

Ex – President Arthurlie F.C.

The only word to describe that is "flounce".