Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

32 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Needing to check this.iv'e just been informed that in the Scottish junior cup

Clubs need to pay their opponents a fee if they travel to games to cover the cost and then split the game money. Surely that would mean both clubs could be out of pocket.

There is a minimum guarantee you pay the visiting team based on a mileage scale. 

They get the guarantee if their share of the split gate (after ref costs) is less than the guarantee. One or the other. 

Teams that may not get in - there will be no cherry-picking by the LL-run WoSFA. This has been debunked several times already. This is nothing but scaremongering and outright lying by the WRJFA to serve it's own interests.

£500 upfront fee - this is the first I've heard of this. Some evidence would be nice.

It includes a bond to be paid back over three years in sure

52 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Do clubs loose money over all.either one or both.

Depends on the mix of distance and attendance. If we drew say Lochgelly Albert in the cup, being 66 miles away we'd get a guarantee of £120.  So Lochgelly can only make any money after taking in £120 (for us) and £50 (for the ref).  So if the gate was £200 in total, Lochgelly make £30.  If the gate was £160, Lochgelly lose a tenner.

Edited by Brig O'Lea

10 minutes ago, sctv said:

It includes a bond to be paid back over three years in sure

Correct, the £500 fee is the bond which will be fully repaid, and it includes the first season's league fees.

So basically there will be no league fees for season 1 as you will get the full £500 back as long as you fulfill all of your fixtures for three seasons.

9 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Depends on the mix of distance and attendance. If we drew say Lochgelly Albert in the cup, being 66 miles away we'd get a guarantee of £120.  So Lochgelly can only make any money after taking in £120 (for us) and £50 (for the ref).  So if the gate was £200 in total, Lochgelly make £30.  If the gate was £160, Lochgelly lose a tenner.

Even at that you would loose money if you have a bus or expenses for car travel.did they not think about regional ties.before a all in approach.it could cost more than you could make if you got knocked out at the 1st round.

40 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Even at that you would loose money if you have a bus or expenses for car travel.did they not think about regional ties.before a all in approach.it could cost more than you could make if you got knocked out at the 1st round.

It's probably part of the reason you hear about the odd club sitting out.

Say two small clubs are drawn against each other from the North & West. Good chance it would end in a loss financially for both. It has been raised as a point by some of those that joined the EoS as to why they don't have the same high regard for the Junior Cup.

1 hour ago, Chis said:

As the West Region General Meeting originally planned for Tuesday 24 March has been cancelled due to the current coronavirus situation arrangements have been made for all Member Clubs to receive feedback from Monday's PWG Meeting later this year n Tuesday.

Considering the way the last "minutes" of a pwg meeting were the SJFAs very one sided version of events. It will be interesting to see what the WJFA say.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's probably part of the reason you hear about the odd club sitting out.

Say two small clubs are drawn against each other from the North & West. Good chance it would end in a loss financially for both. It has been raised as a point by some of those that joined the EoS as to why they don't have the same high regard for the Junior Cup.

It was never a competition where any club expected to make money unless you drew one of the big guns at home.

iI always regarded it as a day oot for the boys and the chance to see a ground you’ve never been at before and the further away the better.

If you broke even on expenses then it was a bonus although things might have changed on the financial front from my days

I’m curious where this notion of cherry picking has come from? Perhaps Arthurlie would be better served if someone from their committee contacted George Fraser direction  rather than relying on the word of Gordon Ronney. 
We were told at the Thursday night meeting that there would be no cherry picking, maybe the Arthurlie delegate just had a typo with a word missing

Correct, the £500 fee is the bond which will be fully repaid, and it includes the first season's league fees.
So basically there will be no league fees for season 1 as you will get the full £500 back as long as you fulfill all of your fixtures for three seasons.

Not the way I heard although I could’ve picked it up wrong, the breakdown was £300 bond paid pack year one 50% the 25% year two and three
The other £200 was league fees
As I said that’s how I heard it it may be wrong

Teams that may not get in - there will be no cherry-picking by the LL-run WoSFA. This has been debunked several times already. This is nothing but scaremongering and outright lying by the WRJFA to serve it's own interests.

£500 upfront fee - this is the first I've heard of this. Some evidence would be nice.
£500 start up fee, 50% returned after year 1, 25% after year 2 and the other 25% after year 3. It was brought up by the top table at the Thursday night meeting

23 minutes ago, sctv said:

Not the way I heard although I could’ve picked it up wrong, the breakdown was £300 bond paid pack year one 50% the 25% year two and three
The other £200 was league fees
As I said that’s how I heard it it may be wrong

I think you did hear it wrong. There was no mention of £200 for league fees that I can recall. The full £500 bond was to be repaid over the 3 years (50% + 25% + 25%), and as a gesture the league fees for season 1 would be included in the initial £500 payment, with the new board deciding on the fees for year 2 after consultation with the member clubs.