Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

15 minutes ago, sctv said:

You not think there should a little bit of loyalty to the association your club has been part of for all these years, pwg is Monday give the guys some back up, as you say “what do you have to lose” if nothing comes out of it then go ahead and put your application in.
Bit disappointed in how your going about this tbh seems very much a two fingered salute and expected better from you.

We’ve only been in the juniors five years, a fraction of the time Glencairn have, we are very interested in joining the pyramid too but we are showing some loyalty to all the teams we have played that may not get in or afford the £500 up front fee if it’s each to their own.
Gordon ronnie along with the west region committee and at least 52 clubs who signed a pledge to take every team over with us.

#whathaveyougottolose

Teams that may not get in - there will be no cherry-picking by the LL-run WoSFA. This has been debunked several times already. This is nothing but scaremongering and outright lying by the WRJFA to serve it's own interests.

£500 upfront fee - this is the first I've heard of this. Some evidence would be nice.

With a new league wosfl.starting with or without all of the present clubs who insist their level is (junior) its only a name.why call the cup the junior cup as clubs will be playing in the seniors grade/level.football is football whatever name you give.clubs are now being given a choice.to play in the new setup or stay. its the clubs choice.the history and traditions of these clubs that move over will not change.why is it so important to hang on to the past when moving to something new.why keep a name only for a short time when reality shows you will need to resign if promoted to teir5. the full Scottish cup is a members cup for members only years ago it was changed to allow the (juniors) to take part it was tried, to try and intice the clubs to become members unified all playing under the one banner.theres a great chance for this to happen again but again people want to keep a peice of history instead of being part of new history for their clubs again football is football the way you play or market your club will not change.the sfa are looking to change the Scottish rule season 22/23 that only member clubs will play in the cup or clubs who are playing in senior leagues.

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Teams that may not get in - there will be no cherry-picking by the LL-run WoSFA. This has been debunked several times already. This is nothing but scaremongering and outright lying by the WRJFA to serve it's own interests.

£500 upfront fee - this is the first I've heard of this. Some evidence would be nice.

Yes, I keep hearing this "teams that may not get in" stuff. Anyone who was at the LL-WoSFL meeting knows that myth was blown away. There will be no cherry-picking.

As for the £500 up front fee, this was a "bond" which the clubs will pay, and it will be refunded to them in three stages at the end of the first three seasons provided they fulfill all of their fixtures - 50% after season 1, 25% after season 2 and the balance after season 3.

The only way clubs will not be admitted is if they don't apply.yes some clubs may wish to stay playing in the league they are currently in,that's fine its thier choice that they will make.there will be no cherry picking.season fee's will be decided by the new Wosfl members you decide that not the LL. anybody who tells you any different on these points are just blatantly lieing.we all know that not all the junior clubs wish to move over,

7 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

The only way clubs will not be admitted is if they don't apply.yes some clubs may wish to stay playing in the league they are currently in,that's fine its thier choice that they will make.there will be no cherry picking.season fee's will be decided by the new Wosfl members you decide that not the LL. anybody who tells you any different on these points are just blatantly lieing.we all know that not all the junior clubs wish to move over,

The £500 bond was stated at the LL-WoSFL meeting last week, but it was also stated that would include the first season's league fees. The league fees for season 2 onwards would be decided by the new WoSFL board.

The £500 is just to guarantee clubs are serious about staying the course for a season.but the new board (Wosfl) will decide the season's fees and then the remainder will be returned.there's no hidden agenda's.the board will be made up from the member clubs.anybody can be proposed and seconded from any club participanting in the new league/league's.you the club's determine that not the LL.and you will determine any new proposals to change anything.

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

As for the £500 up front fee, this was a "bond" which the clubs will pay, and it will be refunded to them in three stages at the end of the first three seasons provided they fulfill all of their fixtures - 50% after season 1, 25% after season 2 and the balance after season 3.

Thanks for that. No doubt it was mentioned here last week, but I missed it. I dare say some clubs (very small ones) may struggle to raise that, but I'd guess they probably struggle to stay afloat in the juniors too. Any club with a modicum of ambition to progress would surely see it is as a price worth paying, particularly as they will get it back unless something disastrous occurs. Which again, could just as easily happen in the juniors.

Edited by Bad Wolf

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Thanks for that. No doubt it was mentioned here last week, but I missed it. I dare say some clubs (very small ones) may struggle to raise that, but I'd guess they probably struggle to stay afloat in the juniors too. Any club with a modicum of ambition to progress would surely see it is as a price worth paying, particularly as they will get it back unless something disastrous occurs. Which again, could just as easily happen in the juniors.

They would have to pay their league fees and insurance anyway. From what I understand, this £500 includes insurance - maybe someone that was at LL meeting can confirm?

Edited by theesel1994

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

They would have to pay their league fees and insurance anyway. From what I understand, this £500 includes insurance - maybe someone that was at LL meeting can confirm?

Good point. I'm also wondering now how much it costs to be members of the WRJFA. 

The whole bond/league fees just leaves me with more questions over this all in approach by the WJFA. 

Does the WJFA have its own finances to cover the start up costs? Is that pot of money going to become WOSFLs finances from then on? Are the WJFA saying they'll cover the costs for their existing members but everyone else has to pay? Or do junior clubs think they don't have to pay anything to join with the all in approach?

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The whole bond/league fees just leaves me with more questions over this all in approach by the WJFA. 

Does the WJFA have its own finances to cover the start up costs? Is that pot of money going to become WOSFLs finances from then on? Are the WJFA saying they'll cover the costs for their existing members but everyone else has to pay? Or do junior clubs think they don't have to pay anything to join with the all in approach?

Even with the "all-in" approach if the WRSJFA are successful in "doing a deal", then the WoSFL (or leagues as it would be) would still be administered by the one body, i.e. the West of Scotland Football League. They would not be administered by the WRSJFA. That was made clear last Thursday nigh as well. So yes, the £500 bond would still apply.

Look!!! a board will be elected by the MEMBER CLUBS.the current wrjfa.will cease to operate. the SJFA will be there to administer the Scottish junior cup Only i think you will have to pay them if you take part in it.but all decisions for the new league will be determined by the new board which you the clubs elect.

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Even with the "all-in" approach if the WRSJFA are successful in "doing a deal", then the WoSFL (or leagues as it would be) would still be administered by the one body, i.e. the West of Scotland Football League. They would not be administered by the WRSJFA. That was made clear last Thursday nigh as well. So yes, the £500 bond would still apply.

So going by sctv and Arthurlie's statement you've got things like cherrypicking, ground criteria, paying this bond going If you go it alone as issues in some junior circles.

Even though these are the type of questions asked & answered in the LL-WOSFL meeting. Which I believe was also going to have a written follow up to be used as a resource for clubs making their decision.

Seems like some are just largely listening to one side.

38 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Good point. I'm also wondering now how much it costs to be members of the WRJFA. 

The annual fee is minimal (about £50, I can't be bothered looking it up). However, that is kept artificially low by charging fines, reinstatements, permits, etc.

4 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

The annual fee is minimal (about £50, I can't be bothered looking it up). However, that is kept artificially low by charging fines, reinstatements, permits, etc.

It should be emphasised that the £500 is not an annual fee for membership of the WoSFL. It is a bond to be paid in advance at the very start only, and it would be fully refunded after 3 years. (50% after year 1, 25% after year 2, the balance 25% after year 3.) The fees for membership of the league in season 1 would be included in the initial £500 fee, and the fees for membership from season 2 onwards would be decided by the member clubs themselves.

Edited by glensmad

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Alex,

Each team has to make their own decision on this, and we have made our position clear with our statement yesterday. If the PWG discussions succeed then happy days, everybody moves together. But if they don't, then we need to be in a position to be ready to do what is right for our club.

And that, I'd imagine, would be the case for the majority of West Region clubs. 

The insurances provided by the eos cover far more than the insurance given by the sjfa. The league fees are minimal. The bond will be given back in stages, it isnt a charge or levy.

Scaremongering at it's best.

Again. Saddens me to say but the wrsjfa approach is getting clearer and clearer by the day, post by post.

As the West Region General Meeting originally planned for Tuesday 24 March has been cancelled due to the current coronavirus situation arrangements have been made for all Member Clubs to receive feedback from Monday's PWG Meeting later this year n Tuesday.