Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

You've not read all of this from the start, have you?
Nobody's going to stay in a WRSJFA.
All clubs are moving together into the new WOSL and retaining SJFA membership.
His preference was for a split between the clubs with some going and some staying would have been disastrous for the SJFA as it would have been made up of smaller and weaker teams that would not survive and eventually lead to the SJFA folding.

No if it goes as per the proposal, clubs will be given the opportunity to retain SJFA membership, it will be optional.

Why, apart from Clydebank obviously, would clubs not retain their membership?
Why would they?

Why would club's continue to pay to be members of the SJFA when they get very little, if anything, for it?

44 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
52 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No if it goes as per the proposal, clubs will be given the opportunity to retain SJFA membership, it will be optional.

Perhaps because going forward they would have league, Scottish Cup, SCC, West of Scotland Cup, maybe a league cup. Without adding the Junior Cup to the mix.

What does retaining sjfa membership give clubs? How much would they pay into it? What do they receive for it in return?

In short, what's in it for the clubs?

Also burnie has probably been one of the biggest advocates, as have I and many others, for all junior clubs to be given a choice on remaining junior or joining the pyramid, so that no one is forced into something they dont want to be forced into.

No one has declared they want to see the destruction of the sjfa, a change in the sjfa approach 100% and the way they conduct themselves, yes, full destruction, absolutely not.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

His preference was for a split between the clubs with some going and some staying would have been disastrous for the SJFA as it would have been made up of smaller and weaker teams that would not survive and eventually lead to the SJFA folding.

Have you asked them yet via an EGM and given them the two choices?  You seem to think you are talking on behalf of every single club when in actual fact, you have no mandate to do so. Do the non-WRJFA clubs agree with your apprach re the Junior Cup, have you asked them?

If clubs want to stay Junior then let them, if at a later date they then want to join the WoSFL then they can, just like in the east.

Those dozen or so WL clubs in the ERJFA want to remain Junior, are you saying they should be denied that and forced to move into the EoS?

Edited by Burnie_man

You are really on here to shit stir, there's no two ways about it.
You know exactly what is meant by what is said and so do most. As I said if people look at all your posts, they get the picture.
I've played junior all my days, watched it and coached youths to play in the level and beyond and even I know the pyramid is beneficial to Scottish football. its the attitude of people and someone like you saying there's no senior teams, that statement alone makes it so true why there is a problem with the junior attitude.  You have actually put people against junior way of thinking, seriously and your sitting behind a computer thinking your cool. if there was any hope of any junior committee people looking for more backup, guys like you have certainly destroyed it and put most against any junior representative being involved in the new WOS league
Not sure what's ruffled your feathers. I am actually all for the Pyramid structure and have been for years. All I was pointing out was we should all be classed as Scottish Football teams not Senior or Junior. What I do object to on here is the cowardly personal abuse meted out by people who would never utter any of the accusations of being a liar or whatever face to face with the person they are accusing.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Once again Burnie Man. Beenze is not GR....

Have you asked them yet via an EGM and given them the two choices?  You seem to think you are talking on behalf of every single club when in actual fact, you have no mandate to do so. Do the non-WRJFA clubs agree with your apprach re the Junior Cup, have you asked them?
If clubs want to stay Junior then let them, if at a later date they then want to join the WoSFL then they can, just like in the east.
Those dozen or so WL clubs in the ERJFA want to remain Junior, are you saying they should be denied that and forced to move into the EoS?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

8 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

All I was pointing out was we should all be classed as Scottish Football teams not Senior or Junior.

I completely agree with that sentiment. However, there's more than a few at Junior clubs who want to remain just that, proudly Junior, preserve our grade etc.

So you either let them have that choice to do so, or you shut down the SJFA, SAFA etc and force everyone into Pyramid leagues.

Or, alternatively, you find a compromise that lets them enter the pyramid whilst staying saying they are junior. They seem to have found a solution in the west keeping all sides happy but you are dead against it becauae it "forces" teams to join the very same pyramid you have spent years telling them will make no difference to them...

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Or, alternatively, you find a compromise that lets them enter the pyramid whilst staying saying they are junior. They seem to have found a solution in the west keeping all sides happy but you are dead against it becauae it "forces" teams to join the very same pyramid you have spent years telling them will make no difference to them...

It's not me that's pushing that line, wrong guy.

Joining the Pyramid, certainly with the experiences in the east, is a better environment to play in.  It certainly didn't "make no difference".

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

So if smaller weaker teams would fold then it would be the fault of themselves and the bad advice the sjfa have gave clubs in there failure to deliver a proper mandate for each region but now its looking like the promise land to these clubs and west region because they know they will lose the bigger ambitious clubs but now it suits the sjfa because they want to survive I actually agree it the wosfl should be set up and ran independent from the sjfa now 

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's not me that's pushing that line, wrong guy.

Joining the Pyramid, certainly with the experiences in the east, is a better environment to play in.  It certainly didn't "make no difference".

So they're getting that, an improvement, and you're still against it?

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Are you being purposefully beliggerent?

You have stated you are against the WoSFL as the compromise recently proposed sets out.

No I'm not, stop putting words into my mouth.   If this is the level of debate that you're only capable of then I'll be leaving it with you.

I'm against the SJFA being involved in the Pyramid/WoSFL.  I'm against choice being removed from clubs wh want to remain Junior without asking them. That shouldn't need repeating.

Enjoy your day.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

No I'm not, stop putting words into my mouth.   If this is the level of debate that you're only capable of then I'll be leaving it with you.

I'm against the SJFA being involved in the Pyramid/WoSFL.  I'm against choice being removed from clubs wh want to remain Junior without asking them. That shouldn't need repeating.

Enjoy your day.

Let me put this in simple terms for you.

You are against the SJFA being involved in the pyramid/WoSFL. Yet that is the compromise that has been reached. So if you are against the first you are against the compromise. That compromise (appears to be) the form the WoSFL will take. So you are against the WoSFL. 

And all clubs will retain membership of the SJFA unless they chose to leave it behind. So that choice remains.

Yer just in a huff because the juniors still exist and your petulance is obvious to all.