Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Was it not two from President / Vice President / Secretary on Tuesday? Or have i imagined that (entirely possible!)?

The no known restriction part is the fact the LL WoSFL meeting had a public statement for all to see. Whereas the WRJFA meeting was only to those in their membership.

So not being associated with a west junior club I have no idea if there were any restrictions put in place.

The Tuesday one the WR were asking for two officials to be there. I see it was portrayed in Largs local paper as the West Region allowing more to attend but the WoSL restricting numbers. Also the WR were going round the clubs explaining things but the LL weren't bothering.
Bizarre spin.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:
The Tuesday one the WR were asking for two officials to be there. I see it was portrayed in Largs local paper as the West Region allowing more to attend but the WoSL restricting numbers. Also the WR were going round the clubs explaining things but the LL weren't bothering.

Bizarre spin.

It's almost as if he favoured one and not the other. That can't right though, surely?

25 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

While I might not believe, plenty do/did. It is called confirmation bias. They wanted to believe the LL was being out in its place. The WR sent clubs official information along those lines.

The truth will set us free. With a bit of luck.

34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
41 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:
Or could it be the WRJA have stated they won't stand in anyone's way? This compromise nonsense is just that.

So will these clubs join a WoSFL still as members of the SJFA and wanting to compete in the Junior Cup? That was never on the table a few days ago, it was a case of join or remain Junior, but if you do join you need to leave the SJFA behind. Just like the new EoS clubs did, a clean break, fresh start, no baggage.

Who said that?  I don't ever recall anyone making a them or us ultimatum 

When did the WRJFA club vote to agree this approach? When did the SJFA hold an EGM to consult other regions? Are you leaving behind the ERJFA and NRJFA? When did the SJFA agree to amend the Constitution and their mandate?

I have no hatred towards anyone, I never used racist terms towards the EoS, I never said "f*ck the LL" on Tuesday. I never described clubs who left for the EoS as traitors, or abused Kelty or Clydebank, or called BSC Glasgow a boys club with no fans.

I want a truly independent WoSFL free of this shite, all you want is to preserve the SJFA and its attitudes come what may so you can say you saved the grade.

You have no real interest in anything else. You wanted to take legal action against the LL a few days ago.

Why do you care so much about how the WOSFL is constructed?
Your club plays in another region and will be 100% unaffected in how the league is governed surely?

For me personally I was all for WOSFL and don't particularly have any desire to see the SJFA involved or remain or whatever but I can only see positives from recent days developments.

Its certainly progress from where I understood things were this time last week, for me anyway looking in from the outside.

There's no divide though.
All WRSJFA clubs have agreed to be part of the Pyramid.
You're the one trying to muddy the waters now that people have seen through your agenda of hatred towards TJ and the SJFA.
Get the feeder up and running with everyone on board and let's just wait and see how the cup situation unfolds. Those discussions can surely wait for another day.
Really???

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

No one ever stated (with perhaps the exception of Gordon Ronney) that club's had to give up membership to other associations.

Under the SJFA constitution, if the clubs remain junior then (a) they need permission to join another league or association, and (b) that league or association must be subject to SJFA rules. The latter is never going to happen.

The SJFA may chnge their constitution to oblige, but I wouldn't rely on it.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone explain why English non league games went ahead today whilst we’ve been on a shut down already 😏

Because the SFA stopped football at all levels, and the English FA hasn't.

The decision to close down was made by the EPL and EFL, not the FA.

30 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Because the SFA stopped football at all levels, and the English FA hasn't.

The decision to close down was made by the EPL and EFL, not the FA.

Worth mentioning as well that the English FA will almost certainly follow suit after this weekend.

Now here's a debating point, with the uncertainty over when or if our leagues will start again due to Coronavirus.

In the event of a successful outcome from the PWG meeting on 23rd March and agreement is reached for the four WRSJFA leagues to form the WoSFL under a new administration team with additional teams added if necessary, then would there be any need to actually finish this season ?

With the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL saying on Thursday night that their preference would be for tier 6 conferences in season 1, surely that would be the best thing to do and just write this season off.

There are so many discrepancies in the number of matches played, games in hand, imbalance of home and away games etc, that it's just impossible to fairly form the leagues from the current league positions.

If everyone is moving together, then why not just say this season is null and void and start the WoSFL afresh with everyone in seeded tier 6 conferences ?

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

Under the SJFA constitution, if the clubs remain junior then (a) they need permission to join another league or association, and (b) that league or association must be subject to SJFA rules. The latter is never going to happen.

The SJFA may chnge their constitution to oblige, but I wouldn't rely on it.

Perhaps they have agreed to give that permission. That may be the compromise they speak of, who knows. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
2 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:
Who said that?  I don't ever recall anyone making a them or us ultimatum 

C'mon.......

Is that it?  I would have thought if you disagreed with me you would put up a better argument. 

5 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Perhaps they have agreed to give that permission. That may be the compromise they speak of, who knows. 🤷‍♂️

But the second point would need a change in the constitution, which no one has the power to agree. It would need a majority vote at a GM.

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Now here's a debating point, with the uncertainty over when or if our leagues will start again due to Coronavirus.

In the event of a successful outcome from the PWG meeting on 23rd March and agreement is reached for the four WRSJFA leagues to form the WoSFL under a new administration team with additional teams added if necessary, then would there be any need to actually finish this season ?

With the LL/EoSFL/SoSFL saying on Thursday night that their preference would be for tier 6 conferences in season 1, surely that would be the best thing to do and just write this season off.

There are so many discrepancies in the number of matches played, games in hand, imbalance of home and away games etc, that it's just impossible to fairly form the leagues from the current league positions.

If everyone is moving together, then why not just say this season is null and void and start the WoSFL afresh with everyone in seeded tier 6 conferences ?

The situation with the coronavirus has probably made conferences more palatable for those that preferred using the existing west region leagues.

Too sensible Glensmad, banish yourself immediately