Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Further clarifications:

- Any concern that this is a “ruse” can be dispelled. There is genuine will on all sides to get this done.

- We are talking purely about the WRSJFA. The North and East are not part of this scenario.

I'm assuming the clubs that have officials on the Management Committee were there too representing their clubs.

Did they give off the same positive vibe?

(Maybe it is different club delegates to those on the Management Committee).

5 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Further clarifications:

- Any concern that this is a “ruse” can be dispelled. There is genuine will on all sides to get this done.

- We are talking purely about the WRSJFA. The North and East are not part of this scenario.

Anything that keeps the SJFA involved is not a truly independent WoSFL the same as EoSFL and SoSFL, the Junior clubs who moved into the EoS relinquished SJFA membership, that should be a non-negotiable requirement.

Will it be a brand new league, or rebranded WRJFA?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Anything that keeps the SJFA involved is not a truly independent WoSFL the same as EoSFL and SoSFL, the Junior clubs who moved into the EoS relinquished SJFA membership, that should be a non-negotiable requirement.

Also makes you wonder if the clubs applying to the EoSFL from the East Region might try and retain SJFA membership. They can say the West are doing it, why can't they.

7 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm assuming the clubs that have officials on the Management Committee were there too representing their clubs.

Did they give off the same positive vibe?

(Maybe it is different club delegates to those on the Management Committee).

The whole room was positive - surprisingly so. Tweeted about it earlier to agreement from Junior and Senior figures!

@Inanimate Carbon Rod I don’t think anything I can say will change your mind in that case. Proof will be in the pudding as they say...

Edited by Born To Run

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

As long as the SJFA are only involved in the Scottish Junior Cup and not fines or their own player taxes. And the Scottish takes place secondary to the League then I wouldn't object to that.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I'd be amazed if clubs like Bo'ness United (could be difficult because of the Mini Me tribute act), Lithgae Rose and Bonnyrigg Rose didn't jump at the chance of getting into the Junior Cup again, if it was a cup competition only involvement and the senior grade would fully control the fixture list. Being able to integrate the junior cup into the senior nonleague (yes we know you don't like that terminology, Glensmad) pyramid would be a victory for common sense. Will believe it when I see it though as I find it hard to believe there won't be more Mosspark Bowling Club sort of stuff before this twenty year plus journey reaches its final destination.  

9 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

As long as the SJFA are only involved in the Scottish Junior Cup and not fines or their own player taxes. And the Scottish takes place secondary to the League then I wouldn't object to that.

This is where compromise muddys the waters,  I don't understand why the LL just didn't stick to their intended path and invite applications to the new WoSFL without agreeing to take on baggage. They had no need.

Chances are now, if there is SJFA involvement, we'll have some LL feeder clubs playing in a Junior Cup, and some in the South Cup. We'll have some WoSFL clubs claiming they're still Junior clubs yadayada.

Edited by Burnie_man

I'd be amazed if clubs like Bo'ness United (could be difficult because of the Mini Me tribute act), Lithgae Rose and Bonnyrigg Rose didn't jump at the chance of getting into the Junior Cup again, if it was a cup competition only involvement and the senior grade would fully control the fixture list. Being able to integrate the junior cup into the senior nonleague (yes we know you don't like that terminology, Glensmad) pyramid would be a victory for common sense. Will believe it when I see it though as I find it hard to believe there won't be more Mosspark Bowling Club sort of stuff before this twenty year plus journey reaches its final destination.  
We play enough games as it is, can't see much appetite for another cup to be honest.

11 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

The line the SJFA said around still having fines was it was needed to generate revenue to cover the cost of discipline.

If this only applies to the West Region. Can they continue to afford to run discipline in the East and North for those leagues still outside the SFA pyramid.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

...Chances are now, if there is SJFA involvement, we'll have some LL feeder clubs playing in a Junior Cup, and some in the South Cup....

...or maybe everybody just winds up in the Junior Cup and it's all one big happy family with the LL/EoS/SoS fixture man also controlling what happens with the Junior Cup. The Borg resistance is futile you will be assimilated scenario.

Here come the red dot nutters again. If you deviate slightly from the Sendero Luminoso of ending any trace of the junior grade once and for all you must be bludgeoned into submission and silenced. Good to hear cooler heards are coming to the fore and fingers crossed things go well on the 23rd. That would still leave time for Whitburn and co to see sense in the east and get applications in for the EoS.

Just now, Born To Run said:

For the avoidance of doubt, any league in the pyramid will follow the SFA disciplinary rules on and off the field. There will be no fines, permits etc.

Yes, but if this only relates to the West Region. The SJFA still have the North and East Region to administer. Fines and permits is how it funds itself to administer discipline currently. They lose half that income with the loss of the West. Can the SJFA still fulfill that function for their other regions going forward?

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This is why this ‘compromise’ is a fucking mess. Just apply for the wosl, get the wrjfa in the bin if you want to stay fine and get on with it. This is nothing but a stalling tactic for the dafties to preserve their wee empire.

This is a delay which could make it impossible for a WoS administered by the Lowland League to be up and running in time for 2020/21. Beware!

The current corona virus will not help either.

Edited by Dev