Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

39 minutes ago, glensmad said:
40 minutes ago, patriot1 said:
Would the WRSJFA agree to any compromise that finishes the SJFA? 

That would require an EGM of the SJFA, which may be on the cards.

If I understand the SJFA constitution, when any or all of the West junior clubs join a new non-Junior league, they will either have to resign from the Juniors or be expelled. 

Presumably the SJFA will soldier on with those left, plus the remnants of the East and North. At some stage there will be too few to continue, and the last few will vote to wind it up and enjoy a share of the £500k reserves!

Hope these positive vibes aren't yet another junior ruse to stall for time until it's too late to change anything for next season.

Certainly a concern at the back of my mind. Hopefully completely unfounded.

This is why this ‘compromise’ is a fucking mess. Just apply for the wosl, get the wrjfa in the bin if you want to stay fine and get on with it. This is nothing but a stalling tactic for the dafties to preserve their wee empire.
You really are a bitter wee man.

If I understand the SJFA constitution, when any or all of the West junior clubs join a new non-Junior league, they will either have to resign from the Juniors or be expelled. 
Presumably the SJFA will soldier on with those left, plus the remnants of the East and North. At some stage there will be too few to continue, and the last few will vote to wind it up and enjoy a share of the £500k reserves!

The clubs were told at last night's meeting that there is no requirement for any club to resign from the SJFA if they join the WoSFL. Other clubs retain their membership of other football associations, e.g. I believe that Hibernian are members of the East of Scotland League.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The clubs were told at last night's meeting that there is no requirement for any club to resign from the SJFA if they join the WoSFL. Other clubs retain their membership of other football associations, e.g. I believe that Hibernian are members of the East of Scotland League.

The let's turn the SJFA into the equivalent of the Forfarshire FA scenario in other words.  If WoSFL and the SFA are handling everything other than the junior cup that should be no big deal because the west region clubs are fully integrated into the senior grade at that point. Big question would be whether the SJFA can be persuaded to go along with that sort of diminished status? Guess that's what the meeting on March 23rd will clarify.

12 minutes ago, glensmad said:
52 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

So what was said about participation between the Junior Cup and South Challenge Cup? Compete in both, merger, pick between them?

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:
48 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

It was very unlikely the LL/WoS were going to demand clubs left the SJFA, as you mention Eos/LL clubs (i'm not as  knowledgeable on SoS) are part of other FA's(p.s i think you mean hibs are in the ESFA, not the ESFL). I (and it seems most others) have little idea what was said in the afternoon meeting but my judgement is previously the only reason that clubs can't remain In the SJFA is the choice of the SJFA. If the SJFA is happy to have members from 'senior' leagues then that is good news 

Hibs & Hearts both are. In the 90s like other historical county competitions have done it switched to youth level with both teams playing an annual match that's been used as a fundraiser for the EOSFA. Not been played since 15-16 however.

26 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

Maybe won't even be a 20/21 season if COVID-19 has anything to do with it.

It only took 6 weeks to get it under control in China to the extent they can start returning to normal. Think this season is probably completely donald ducked in terms of ever being completed, but would be surprising if next season is a complete wipeout. Pandemics tend to run out of steam after a few months.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It only took 6 weeks to get it under control in China to the extent they can start returning to normal. Think this season is probably completely donald ducked in terms of ever being completed, but would be surprising if next season is a complete wipeout. Pandemics tend to run out of steam after a few months.

A bit like some of the blowhards on here!

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The let's turn the SJFA into the equivalent of the Forfarshire FA scenario in other words.  If WoSFL and the SFA are handling everything other than the junior cup that should be no big deal because the west region clubs are fully integrated into the senior grade at that point. Big question would be whether the SJFA can be persuaded to go along with that sort of diminished status? Guess that's what the meeting on March 23rd will clarify.

If that is the situation as you suggest (unlikely ??), the SJFA would have no choice but to accept the inevitable outcome. In your scenario, the only risk to the senior West pyramid, is if  the 'compromise' goes on beyond the 2020 AGM season.  I doubt that the LL or the SFA, would fall for that ploy ?

Prediction is it won't peak in the UK for 3 months.

7 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Prediction is it won't peak in the UK for 3 months.

They're trying to delay it into warmer months when this type of thing is (they hope!) less potent due to people being outdoors more and there is less strain on NHS due to less flus etc.

Edited by cmontheloknow