Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

It’s not really my place to give out info on this while it isn’t signed off as yet. The WoSFL (LL) one went for around two hours.

What I will say is that reaction from all sides was cautiously optimistic on the basis of potential agreement. Reading some unfounded fears in here.

10 minutes ago, stulch said:

I'm not sure they are. I just think further clarity what happened yesterday would be useful. Starting with what meetings took place.

Clarity would be very important.  There are amateur clubs involved/interested, as well as West juniors. Also there seems to have been a road block with the West Lothian clubs, in particular. Is a wider compromise, also involving the NRJFA, Tayside, and the North Caley, being considered (by the PWG) ?

Edited by Robert James
additional question added and typo

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im quite wary of anything that lets the sjfa get their tentacles into any part of this....

It's only the WRJFA that gets mentioned in the tweet, so maybe the west region have gone rogue and are doing their own thing at this point. If this is about avoiding a split and the clubs are all entering the pyramid so they can get licensed all would be good. Meanwhile in Whitburn....

9 minutes ago, stulch said:
13 minutes ago, Born To Run said:
Yup, two meetings. Thought it was best to add clarity! There will be further info coming after the next meeting (PWG).

Thank you. I still think just a little more detail would be useful too...

I'm probably just as curious as you are, but I can imagine further information can't be given yet before all representatives have communicated this with their member clubs. 

So, for clarity:
- There was a PWG meeting before last night’s WoSFL meeting. Common ground was found.
- All being well, we may not need applications from the West Region sides. 
While that would be great if true, what about the ones who don't want to move? I saw Ardeer day something on Twitter earlier as an example, suggesting they didn't.

7 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm probably just as curious as you are, but I can imagine further information can't be given yet before all representatives have communicated this with their member clubs. 

Yes, that makes sense Marten.

If so, communication with the Amateur clubs who attended the LL meeting, needs to be undertaken soon.

Edited by Robert James

25 minutes ago, archieb said:

The partial PWG meeting was at 3pm yesterday at Hampden and involved representatives of the various Leagues (LL, EOSL, SOSL, WRSJFA). That's the group that released the joint statement.

The evening meeting at East Kilbride was for reps of the clubs that have expressed an interest in the WOSL with the LL & co. There still hasn't been any statement released about that afaik 

I'm assuming TJ wasn't there is it was the WRSJFA that were involved?

10 minutes ago, marconi said:

the P W G meeting was attended by representatives of the west region not the SJFA. as I said earlier the SJFA is all but finished

Would the WRSJFA agree to any compromise that finishes the SJFA? 

1 minute ago, patriot1 said:

Would the WRSJFA agree to any compromise that finishes the SJFA? 

Nah, the SJFA will continue regardless.  Even if the whole of the west leave then there’s still a very strong west Lothian league and tayside league honestly they are the best, you haven’t seen football like this, people often ask me ‘TJ how can you run such good leagues?’ and to be honest I’m not sure, maybe I am a natural... a blazer genius, but that not for me to say. 

25 minutes ago, marconi said:

the P W G meeting was attended by representatives of the west region not the SJFA. as I said earlier the SJFA is all but finished

Surely this was just a meeting of the regional associations/leagues, rather than a formal PWG meeting, if the SJFA and SFA weren't actually involved? I thought the PWG was a subcommittee of the SFA.

Edited by Cyclizine

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

They wanted to move the West Region en masse into the Pyramid. That doesn't look likely so they alternative is they move en masse as part of the WoSL into the Pyramid. They must accept now there is only one League that will have Pyramid access. Either way I can't see any future for a West Region League but entry into the Scottish Junior Cup must still be on the agenda.

If this WOS league means clubs take part in the South Challenge Cup (playing against LL/EOS sides and no long trips north) then would entry back into the Junior Cup be that attractive to clubs as well?

Edited by Ginaro

Surely this was just a meeting of the regional associations/leagues, rather than a formal PWG meeting, if the SJFA and SFA weren't actually involved? I thought the PWG was a subcommittee of the SFA.
I don't think that is the case. The PWG isn't an entity as such, it is an informal discussion forum between interested parties, and as such has no constitution. The SFA were there, by the way.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I don't think that is the case. The PWG isn't an entity as such, it is an informal discussion forum between interested parties, and as such has no constitution. The SFA were there, by the way.

And it was advertised as a 'partial PWG' anyway. We were all wondering what that even meant!

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:
14 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Fair enough. I guess that's why it was a "partial" PWG meeting...

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Scottish football suspended 'until further notice'
Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA chief executive: “Today’s announcement is made in the interests of public health but, equally, the health and safety of players, match officials, and staff across the game. This is of paramount importance as the country enters the ‘delay’ phase of the coronavirus pandemic.

“It is also why the Scottish FA is compelled to ensure that the suspension is cascaded through the non-professional and grassroots games until further notice.”

I’d say this covers ALL football in Scotland, plenty time for them to iron out the final details for WOSFL I guess as there’s nothing else to do

Business/corporate speak nonsense thread for that sort of pish...