Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Yeah, that's fair enough.

If junior and ex-junior clubs are generally ambivalent about it then it dies off. I'm only saying that if it does turn out to be a bit of a sticking point, some kind of concession is probably a small price to pay. 

Absolutely, it should not be a sticking point that derails anything.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Off topic........ but the Premier League & the EFL have suspended all matches until 3rd April, when the situation will be reviewed.

Scotland ?

You're right, it is off topic and there are other threads for it. It's hardly relevant for "the future of the Juniors."

It might be relevant to the shape of next season if restrictions run into July, but that seems unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I don't recall too many people describing the South Challenge Cup as "more valued and prestigious" as the Junior Cup.

It's not, it's a relatively new regional cup, but the opportunity is there to expand it and make it into something bigger and better.

So it's gone from nobody, to I don't recall too many.

It has been brought up with how the junior cup has diminished with decreasing membership, the SCC has either caught up with it or could certainly surpass it with the introduction of more west of Scotland teams.

20 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So it's gone from nobody, to I don't recall too many.

It has been brought up with how the junior cup has diminished with decreasing membership, the SCC has either caught up with it or could certainly surpass it with the introduction of more west of Scotland teams.

Do you have any examples?   in fact, don't bother, Mallo will be chuckling away to himself.

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Bore off m8, when you're agreeing with wee marshy and a couple of Lithgae nomarks like GordonS and grinderbrokeyourhearts then you know you haven't got a clue.

I haven't agreed with anyone. Only pointing out it has actually been said, when Burnie originally said no one has.

Weird that you're so torn up about it and seeing things that aren't there.

24 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Bore off m8, when you're agreeing with wee marshy and a couple of Lithgae nomarks like GordonS and grinderbrokeyourhearts then you know you haven't got a clue.

Just an FYI I'm 6'3 of muscle steel and sex appeal so less of the "wee"

The, SJFA read PnB and said let's do whit Shrimplok said because we never thought of that [emoji23] Aye Right!!!

TJ, GR etc all read and post here. TJ has been so worked up about some posts hes asked people to identify posters and clubs to take action against them. Youve come on here past few days with a but of a smart arse attitude but really seem to be utterly clueless.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I haven't agreed with anyone. Only pointing out it has actually been said, when Burnie originally said no one has.

Weird that you're so torn up about it and seeing things that aren't there.

It saves him having to offer any sort of opinion on the matter at hand if he makes posts like that. He has a brain the size of a pea and DKSAF.

10 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

Didn’t mention juniors in SFA statement but I assume leagues Gonna be off for now. Will they revert to just calling season and starting again when safe?

All grassroots. Afar provide the refs so all games are off until further notice

32 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You're right, it is off topic and there are other threads for it. It's hardly relevant for "the future of the Juniors."

It might be relevant to the shape of next season if restrictions run into July, but that seems unlikely.

Gordon, you always seem so 'cheerful'.  Not everyone on this forum, randomly reads all of the other forums as (like me), they don't have the time. 

Out of 1350+ posts, there are hundreds of other "off topic" entries on here.  Never mind, just smile !

1 hour ago, Mystic Blastie said:

The, SJFA read PnB and said let's do whit Shrimplok said because we never thought of that emoji23.png Aye Right!!!

I'm changing my username to "ShrimpLok, Saviour of the Grade"

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I seem to have stumbled into some gogsy v marshmallo nonsense.

You and me made the mistake of posting about the future junior football in the future of junior football thread and recalling a similar sentiment which goes against the grain of two tribes going to war. People who think this is some sort of life or death battle rather than people wanting football teams to play football games against each other will kick off about trying to take a nuanced approach.

Didn’t mention juniors in SFA statement but I assume leagues Gonna be off for now. Will they revert to just calling season and starting again when safe?

Scottish football suspended 'until further notice'
Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA chief executive: “Today’s announcement is made in the interests of public health but, equally, the health and safety of players, match officials, and staff across the game. This is of paramount importance as the country enters the ‘delay’ phase of the coronavirus pandemic.

“It is also why the Scottish FA is compelled to ensure that the suspension is cascaded through the non-professional and grassroots games until further notice.”

I’d say this covers ALL football in Scotland, plenty time for them to iron out the final details for WOSFL I guess as there’s nothing else to do