Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Do think he has any followers or is he just talking to himself and doesn’t realise people can see?

Well in the first film he's the cyborg chief enforcer of the Galactic Empire and his followers are shit scared of him.

Just now, Che Dail said:

Well in the first film he's the cyborg chief enforcer of the Galactic Empire and his followers are shit scared of him.

Yeah but by the second film he’s a daddy and by the third he’s driving a mini van and the other kids laugh at him when he drops Luke and Leia off at school. Life sucks

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Boys club gets thrown at EK, BSC, and even Cumbernauld Colts when people remember them. Its basically his attempt at degrading the clubs that don't have a storied history.

He's not a big fan of Rossvale for similar reasons, they're not a Junior club to him.

Fair play. He is however typical of the type of junior fan boy poison that needs to be left at the door. I for one am excited about the future of non league football and the Scottish game as a whole following today’s meetings. But for it to work it needs to done in positive manner and not by agenda driven political pish.

How utterly amazing will it be (for me anyway) to see Clydebank back in the professional ranks or BSC playing south challenge cup ties against Pollock or Maryhill in Alloa? 😂

As an outsider from a neighbouring country, who likes to watch a bit of Scottish football at all levels when I get the chance, I find this Juniors/Seniors thing baffling. Its all very Judean peoples front and peoples front of Judea to me.

Its very clear looking from outside that a single 'non league' set up in a pyramid that enables clubs to find their own level, is the way forward. I accept that if you are a lot closer to it (and certain clubs) than I am, this might not seem so obvious.

Sounds like you are looking at a sea change though that might finally give Scotland a proper functional pyramid.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

How utterly amazing will it be (for me anyway) to see Clydebank back in the professional ranks or BSC playing south challenge cup ties against Pollock or Maryhill in Alloa? 😂

I am also really excited to see Clydebank back in the Senior leagues soon. First game I ever saw in the flesh was Kilmarnock against Clydebank in the league cup. Cant wait to see then again be it against Killie or my local Senior club, Blackburn Utd.

2 minutes ago, ArmadaleKillie said:

I am also really excited to see Clydebank back in the Senior leagues soon. First game I ever saw in the flesh was Kilmarnock against Clydebank in the league cup. Cant wait to see then again be it against Killie or my local Senior club, Blackburn Utd.

Clydebank v Rangers was my second ever game. 

5 minutes ago, Roker Rover said:

As an outsider from a neighbouring country, who likes to watch a bit of Scottish football at all levels when I get the chance, I find this Juniors/Seniors thing baffling. Its all very Judean peoples front and peoples front of Judea to me.

Its very clear looking from outside that a single 'non league' set up in a pyramid that enables clubs to find their own level, is the way forward. I accept that if you are a lot closer to it (and certain clubs) than I am, this might not seem so obvious.

Sounds like you are looking at a sea change though that might finally give Scotland a proper functional pyramid.

You absolutely correct. Although it’s obvious to everyone it isn’t a simple path from A to B. You have to consider position, status and privilege. You have to ensure the correct people remain in important positions. Who give a 💩if clubs are struggling and going to the wall so long as grease is applied in the important places. Sabre rattling and banner waving is also required. You’ve got to hate the people your negotiating with and act superior to them at ever opportunity and above all else you must never, and I mean never compromise. 

That’s why it’s taken this long.

46 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Gordon I take it the boys club reference is us (BSC) and he’s talking about the guy that’s done in 2 weeks what those incompetent, self serving wasters couldn’t do in 10 years. I for one salute you George Fraser. The game owes you a great deal of gratitude. 

Bravo, Sir!

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:
10 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:
So was there a compromise?

There could be a solution on the horizon. I'm sure there will be more information forthcoming in due course.

If this is so I hope there's an agreement signed by all the parties involved or a joint statement published on all their websites.

Suppose the big question which I'm guessing will be answered with the LL press release is whether these are actually equally viable league proposals for clubs to consider, or is the LL WOS the only show in town for those wanting access to the pyramid.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Boys club gets thrown at EK, BSC, and even Cumbernauld Colts when people remember them. Its basically his attempt at degrading the clubs that don't have a storied history.

He's not a big fan of Rossvale for similar reasons, they're not a Junior club to him.

Lots of clubs started as boys' clubs, including Rangers. Everyone starts somewhere and anyone working to provide their community with a self-sustaining football club should always be welcomed.  I've been really impressed with what Inverkeithing have done in just 18 months.

Lots of clubs started as boys' clubs, including Rangers. Everyone starts somewhere and anyone working to provide their community with a self-sustaining football club should always be welcomed.  I've been really impressed with what Inverkeithing have done in just 18 months.

Grips ma shit mate, as you say everyone has to start somewhere. Virtually no team started with a fan base, stadium and history. It’s pure football snobbery to slag off new teams and who’s to say where BSC, Caledonian Braves or EK will be in 50 years time. Whole point of a pyramid is to allow teams to move up as they grow or drop down if they don’t. Totally agree about IHS started last season taking a hiding from your lads but look at them now fighting to get up.