Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

20 minutes ago, Peasyman said:

My understanding from our meeting on Monday is that we were not voting on anything until we heard what Thursday's meeting had to say. So not sure where 60 voted for whatever was said??

There were no official votes taken during the meeting on Tuesday night.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

BREAKING NEWS from Non  League Scotland

Auchinleck sign declaration backing West Juniors 'pyramid' plan.

Hardly breaking news, it was yesterday morning.

And they are also quoted as saying "However it does not tie us to one plan or another".

Just now, glensmad said:

Hardly breaking news, it was yesterday morning.

And they are also quoted as saying "However it does not tie us to one plan or another".

Yes we declare our support but we may abandon you anyway and go with the other lot

I’m half-expecting the West junior-backed league to turn up at Hampden in their single digits, have a few club reps stand on the stairs and pose for a zoomed in photo, and Gordon Ronney and co claim “here’s just a few of our amazing supporters”

the SJFA is finished. west region teams would like to be in the pyramid but retain league structure as it is [with access for others to join].  could this not be done by sitting down with the L L and EOS to set up league. after agreement is reached the west region officials step down and new league appoint officials to run league at first meeting of clubs   T J is not involved in any way   and although they would be "senior" clubs could retain junior in their name.    a cup competition to replace the junior cup involving teams below tier 5 could be put in place

2 minutes ago, marconi said:

the SJFA is finished. west region teams would like to be in the pyramid but retain league structure as it is [with access for others to join].  could this not be done by sitting down with the L L and EOS to set up league. after agreement is reached the west region officials step down and new league appoint officials to run league at first meeting of clubs   T J is not involved in any way   and although they would be "senior" clubs could retain junior in their name.    a cup competition to replace the junior cup involving teams below tier 5 could be put in place

I think it just seems much easier and simpler for the LL to set up their own league and let others join, or not, as they wish.

3 minutes ago, marconi said:

If the current league structure is retained in a new WoSFL, how would you integrate the non-Junior clubs?   all into the Premiership and bump down the bottom 4 or 5?

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If the current league structure is retained in a new WoSFL, how would you integrate the non-Junior clubs?   all into the Premiership and bump down the bottom 4 or 5?

If enough junior clubs want to join to form multiple leagues and were overwhelmingly in favour of retaining current league structure as much as possible, I don't see any other way of doing it. Non junior clubs joining the WoSFL have a right to enter the pyramid at tier 6 IMO. If junior clubs valued the current structure highly enough, letting in non-juniors above some of them would have to be the price to be paid for dodging conferences for a season.

Although personally, I don't see the problem with conferences and they've met with almost universal approval in the East.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I understand that the WRSJFA plan would involve incorporating any licensed/level 6 non-juniors into the premiership, and others 'at an appropriate level', then running with divisions of over 18 where necessary for a single season.

7 minutes ago, archieb said:

I understand that the WRSJFA plan would involve incorporating any licensed/level 6 non-juniors into the premiership, and others 'at an appropriate level', then running with divisions of over 18 where necessary for a single season.

Who decides the "appropriate level" ?  You might need a Premiership bigger than 18.

20 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If enough junior clubs want to join to form multiple leagues and were overwhelmingly in favour of retaining current league structure as much as possible, I don't see any other way of doing it. Non junior clubs joining the WoSFL have a right to enter the pyramid at tier 6 IMO. If junior clubs valued the current structure highly enough, letting in non-juniors above some of them would have to be the price to be paid for dodging conferences for a season.

Although personally, I don't see the problem with conferences and they've met with almost universal approval in the East.

Conferences is the preferred way forward for the first season., I think the LL have been clear about that from the outset and will probably re-iterate it tonight.  It was a success in the East and no reason why it wouldn't be likewise in the west.

What you have to bear in mind is that non-Junior clubs would be in the minority, therefore their interests also need to be regarded as well.

I suspect we'll see something like two Conferences of 16/18 teams as I think the WoSFL will kick-off with around 32/36 clubs. If it's more, then 3 x 14 is also workable.  You then decide how you want the structure to look in 2021-22, and allocate finishing positions accordingly eg top 8 from each Conference form a Premier.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Conferences is the preferred way forward for the first season., I think the LL have been clear about that from the outset and will probably re-iterate it tonight.  It was a success in the East and no reason why it wouldn't be likewise in the west.

What you have to bear in mind is that non-Junior clubs would be in the minority, therefore their interests also need to be regarded as well.

I suspect we'll see something like two Conferences of 16/18 teams as I think the WoSFL will kick-off with around 32/36 clubs. If it's more, then 3 x 14 is also workable.  You then decide how you want the structure to look in 2021-22, and allocate finishing positions accordingly eg top 8 from each Conference form a Premier.

I think an important principle is that every new member has the right to enter at the highest "new" level, which in the west is tier 6. Conferences solve that easily. Everyone in at the same level regardless of where they came from.

Basically to form a tier 6 and 7, I'd say that every single member has to be happy with that and agree with the level they would end up in. If one club says they want to be tier 6 rather 7, you can't put them in at tier 7 to appease other clubs.