Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

Is there the bones of a compromise here?

• SJFA runs tiers 6 downwards in the west, so long as the rules are fully in line with the LL - including membership fees, fines and re-instatement.
  • All new successful applicants join at T6. The entry criteria are exactly the same as in the EoS, and the LL decides which new clubs meet them.
  • The SJFA can decide to have all-in conferences, or conferences only at T6 while the rest carry on as before.
  • No-one is required to join the SJFA, even if they are relegated below T6.
  • New clubs get a full say in the governance and administration.
  • All clubs can gain SFA licences at any tier.
  • Clubs anywhere in Scotland at T5 and below can join the SJFA and play in the Junior Cup.
  • The Junior Cup continues, but is secondary to league and South Challenge fixtures.

Any chance both sides would go for it?

If I was being paid by the SJFA to try and preserve the existence of the body this is what I would suggest they propose:

• SJFA advise all West clubs to join WOSL
  • SJFA advise all south of Tay clubs to join EOS
  • SJFA advise north of Tay and North Region clubs to form a new Senior Grampian league
  • Announce that SJFA will become a body like the County FAs but with a nationwide remit to run the Junior Cup only
  • Announce that the 2020-21 Junior Cup will have no replays, no Saturday priorities after a postponement and single leg semi finals. 
  • Invite applications for membership of the SJFA from any club in Tier 5 or below. 

They can do all of that without need for any of the Senior Leagues to agree to it and it would preserve the history of the SJFA as a body through the Junior Cup while also allowing clubs a fresh start in the pyramid. Bold, imaginative and decisive.

HL / LL / EOS clubs can choose to compete in the Junior Cup or not depending on their preference. 

Likelihood of that happening... Low.

11 hours ago, james666 said:

Cheers for that. Looking at it, the only way I can see it working, also addimg the Tayside clubs, would be and East league from Dundee to say Buckie and the rest of the juniors going to the NCL to boost it's numbers. 1 up from each league and 2 down from Highland league. 

Your suggestion could work, but at the moment the number of clubs with an SFA licence, which they need for promotion to the HFL (Tier 5) are :

North Caley : 1 club  Golspie Sutherland

North Juniors : 1 club   Banks O'Dee

East Juniors (north of the Tay) :   nil clubs

A northern pyramid is required, and could be introduced in the near future, thereby covering the "geographical gaps" in Scotland..................although it will take time to evolve, given licensing requirements (including floodlights).  It would of course encourage ambitious clubs to seek progression. At the outset, a play-off system for the two (or three with Tayside ?) champion clubs, would suffice. 

18 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

If I was being paid by the SJFA to try and preserve the existence of the body this is what I would suggest they propose:

• SJFA advise all West clubs to join WOSL
  • SJFA advise all south of Tay clubs to join EOS
  • SJFA advise north of Tay and North Region clubs to form a new Senior Grampian league
  • Announce that SJFA will become a body like the County FAs but with a nationwide remit to run the Junior Cup only
  • Announce that the 2020-21 Junior Cup will have no replays, no Saturday priorities after a postponement and single leg semi finals. 
  • Invite applications for membership of the SJFA from any club in Tier 5 or below. 

They can do all of that without need for any of the Senior Leagues to agree to it and it would preserve the history of the SJFA as a body through the Junior Cup while also allowing clubs a fresh start in the pyramid. Bold, imaginative and decisive.

HL / LL / EOS clubs can choose to compete in the Junior Cup or not depending on their preference. 

Likelihood of that happening... Low.

They could even adopt a European Cup approach that unlicensed members go in at the first round and members who hold an SFA licence enter once they exit the Scottish Cup.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

They could even adopt a European Cup approach that unlicensed members go in at the first round and members who hold an SFA licence enter once they exit the Scottish Cup.

It's a decent idea, but I just can't see the guy at Hampden having the nous to long term plan along those lines.  He's too busy fighting the WRJFA corner.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Unless the LL think it would do them a favour to not run the lower rungs.

Anyway, one compromise that I can see is for any clubs relegated out of LL into WoSJFL to be given option of taking on SJFA membership. By opting in they can enter Junior Cup. If they opted out, they'd remain in South Regional Challenge Cup. But as WOSJFL members, they'd enter all of their cups.

As far as i'm aware there's nothing apart from their own rules/regulations that stop the SJFA accepting membership of clubs who are playing in other leagues

There would be nothing stopping SJFA allowing clubs to keep membership and enter the junior cup, playing games where appropriate(I.e when the qualifying cup is being played) even if clubs were promoted to the LL or Even SPFL. Only thing that would need accepted is that league games take priority.

42 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Wonder how much interest there would be from non junior sides for this. Especially HL/NCL clubs.

15 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

When all is said and done, the LL would take every single WRJFA club if they want en-masse entry to the Pyramid, but they need to realise it is under the exact same rules and regulations as the EoS/SoS.  It is also open to any non-WRJFA clubs and they will all be treated as equal members of the new league. All will be eligible for SFA Licencing, U20 leagues etc. They will all be in the Pyramid.

Delegates who were there last night will get the chance to listen to the LL side of the debate and their plans tomorrow, and should do so with an open mind.

14 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Thought you had!   At the end of the day there should be a choice of stay Junior or join the new WoSFL.  Just like in the east, nobody should be forced to do anything.

After tomorrow things should be a little clearer to clubs, and it's upto them to make the choice.

The WRJFA shenanigans are just a bad attempt to con people.

Image result for Nessa gavin & Stacey

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's a decent idea, but I just can't see the guy at Hampden having the nous to long term plan along those lines.  He's too busy fighting the WRJFA corner.

Plus it wouldn't save all their cronies space at the trough. 

47 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Image result for Nessa gavin & Stacey

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Wid

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It would be your last!

At my age any time could be my last...

52 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

A lot of money involved in certain positions at the WRJFA.

That's what I hear. I'm pretty sure however some of them will find new well paid roles within Hampden. Cronyism isn't confined to one association.

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

That's what I hear. I'm pretty sure however some of them will find new well paid roles within Hampden. Cronyism isn't confined to one association.

If anything, if they would have been seen as the driving force behind uniting Scottish non-league football into 1 system, there is a decent chance some of them would be rewarded with jobs...

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

If anything, if they would have been seen as the driving force behind uniting Scottish non-league football into 1 system, there is a decent chance some of them would be rewarded with jobs...

That's the irony, the jobs were there for the taking anyway.

My understanding from our meeting on Monday is that we were not voting on anything until we heard what Thursday's meeting had to say. So not sure where 60 voted for whatever was said??

as I was not at the meeting I don't know how every team voted but it is fair to assume Clydebank were one team   who voted against but the result of the vote was    60    2 with one team not present