Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

i think they said anyone who was currently tier 6 so Bonnyton and theyd probably include glasgow uni as they are licensed would be tier 6 but anyone else would go in at the bottom

Ah, but what if Threave, St Cuthberts, Newton Stewart, and Wigtown & Bladnoch, who are all licensed and playing in the SoSL at tier 6, also apply as well ? Too many clubs for one WRJFA proposed premier league ?  

Edited by Robert James
typo

1 minute ago, marconi said:

the proposal was to support the west region plan

No it wasn't. At the very start of the meeting, a show of hands was requested along the general lines of "Who isn't bothered whether we stay together or not?" to which only two teams put their hands up...neither being Clydebank or Kilwinning AFAIK.

Given most clubs have built up relationships and friendships with other clubs over the years, I think it was seen more as a rhetorical question and certainly not as a vote for or against a plan which in any case hadn't yet been outlined.

Just a reminder to anyone attending tomorrow night's meeting, you cannot access the hotel from the Queensway at the moment due to roadworks. You need to approach the hotel from Stewartfield Way coming from the golf course / loch end. Traffic has been very heavy in the area during rush hour for the past couple of weeks because of the roadworks, give yourself plenty of time.

3 minutes ago, james666 said:

Is there any talk of junior clubs entering the pyramid in the north region? HFL seems a closed shop. 

There have been talks. The North Caledonian League is ready and willing to sit at tier 6, but would need either the North Superleague or a new Grampian league sitting alongside them.

53 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

When all is said and done, the LL would take every single WRJFA club if they want en-masse entry to the Pyramid, but they need to realise it is under the exact same rules and regulations as the EoS/SoS.  It is also open to any non-WRJFA clubs and they will all be treated as equal members of the new league. All will be eligible for SFA Licencing, U20 leagues etc. They will all be in the Pyramid.

Delegates who were there last night will get the chance to listen to the LL side of the debate and their plans tomorrow, and should do so with an open mind.

And that would probably get 100% backing from the clubs (well maybe not Clydebank)

7 minutes ago, santheman said:

And that would probably get 100% backing from the clubs (well maybe not Clydebank)

Even if it meant resigning from the SJFA/WRJFA and fully embracing senior football as exists in the EoS?

I have my doubts based on last nights feedback.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Even if it meant resigning from the SJFA/WRJFA and fully embracing senior football as exists in the EoS?

I have my doubts based on last nights feedback.

Sorry misread your post.  I thought you meant if they were admitted  under the WRJFA.   I'm pretty sure they would accept all the rule changes etc though

No, youre right in your assumption, too many still loyal to the grade (for want of a better word)

Edited by santheman

Sorry misread your post.  I thought you meant if they were admitted  under the WRJFA.   I'm pretty sure they would accept all the rule changes etc though

No, youre right in your assumption, too many still loyal to the grade (for want of a better word)

Thought you had!   At the end of the day there should be a choice of stay Junior or join the new WoSFL.  Just like in the east, nobody should be forced to do anything.

After tomorrow things should be a little clearer to clubs, and it's upto them to make the choice.

The WRJFA shenanigans are just a bad attempt to con people.

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

Sorry misread your pos.  I thought you menat if they were admitted  under the WRJFA.   I'm pretty sure they would accept all the rule changes etc though

Think you're correct santheman and we're probably going to see a split like the East saw a couple of years ago.  I hope all teams explore both options but at the end of the day we need to respect their choice and there is nothing wrong with either option and clubs are always free to change their mind.  

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Think you're correct santheman and we're probably going to see a split like the East saw a couple of years ago.  I hope all teams explore both options but at the end of the day we need to respect their choice and there is nothing wrong with either option and clubs are always free to change their mind.  

And it all comes back to this SJFA arse-saving will split the clubs up, whereas had they fallen on their rusting sword, they'd likely all gone over (and got in).

Is there the bones of a compromise here?

• SJFA runs tiers 6 downwards in the west, so long as the rules are fully in line with the LL - including membership fees, fines and re-instatement.
  • All new successful applicants join at T6. The entry criteria are exactly the same as in the EoS, and the LL decides which new clubs meet them.
  • The SJFA can decide to have all-in conferences, or conferences only at T6 while the rest carry on as before.
  • No-one is required to join the SJFA, even if they are relegated below T6.
  • New clubs get a full say in the governance and administration.
  • All clubs can gain SFA licences at any tier.
  • Clubs anywhere in Scotland at T5 and below can join the SJFA and play in the Junior Cup.
  • The Junior Cup continues, but is secondary to league and South Challenge fixtures.

Any chance both sides would go for it?

Is there the bones of a compromise here?
  • SJFA runs tiers 6 downwards in the west, so long as the rules are fully in line with the LL - including membership fees, fines and re-instatement.
  • All new successful applicants join at T6. The entry criteria are exactly the same as in the EoS, and the LL decides which new clubs meet them.
  • The SJFA can decide to have all-in conferences, or conferences only at T6 while the rest carry on as before.
  • No-one is required to join the SJFA, even if they are relegated below T6.
  • New clubs get a full say in the governance and administration.
  • All clubs can gain SFA licences at any tier.
  • Clubs anywhere in Scotland at T5 and below can join the SJFA and play in the Junior Cup.
  • The Junior Cup continues, but is secondary to league and South Challenge fixtures.
Any chance both sides would go for it?
No need for the LL to compromise, you either join or you don't. They'll easily get the minimum number to start the league and build from there. Fresh start. No baggage. Simple. SPFL behind it.

I can understand people's need for compromise and trying to keep everyone happy. 

But dont really see the need for that push for 'all' in.

Given the numbers qouted it's obvious there are at least some clubs that want to stay junior and a slightly  larger portion not really bother either way. That's fine let them have that choice.  It's not like they've been fully consulted on this WRJFA proposal either. 

Let teams have the choice,  why try fudge it.