Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I've this funny feeling that's not going to happen - probably warned against talking about it on here. Not one person has got home and posted what the proposals actually were? That seems a bit strange.

It was free entry but you had to hand your phone in at the door to get back out again, hence the online silence.

Edited by Che Dail

I've this funny feeling that's not going to happen - probably warned against talking about it on here. Not one person has got home and posted what the proposals actually were? That seems a bit strange.
Not that strange tbh, club office bearers are hardly likely to run straight to post online without telling at least the rest of their committee first.

It is strangely quiet given that there were up to 63 clubs represented at the WRJFA meeting.

We have seen suggestions (perhaps trolling) that the WRJFA has obtained agreement from the  SFA and has a "done deal" on the table for a Tier 6 entry to the pyramid. We have also seen suggestions that there are further discussions to be had about entry to the pyramid at Tier 5.

If those sort of discussions or proposals have actually taken place and progressed as suggested, then let's consider them.

Let's say that the actual position is that the SFA have said that "the SFA would have  no objection to a WRJFA run WOSL" Could the WRJFA put a spin on that as an agreed "done deal"?

Similarly, if the SFA had no objection to the WRJFA running a "West" league at Tier 5, in effect a Lowland League West.

There are a few problems with those scenarios. Primarily that the SFA doesn't run the leagues. The SPFL, LL, EOSFL and SOSFL run the leagues.  Any new league formed within the pyramid would have to be agreed with those parties in order to be integrated into the pyramid via promotion/relegation/playoffs/licensing requirements. 

If the WRJFA was to run a LLW, then how many licensed teams would it have? One - Girvan (subject to floodlights)? Or are they inviting applications from EK, Colts, Braves, BSC, U of S, Dalbeattie etc?

Edited by Footballfirst

12 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

I suspect the Tier 5 line is a troll.

If that turns out to be legit...then I'll be speechless. They'd be mad to try that after the "done deal" at tier 6 chat, surely?

It's impossible under the terms of the wording in the pyramid agreement for the juniors to add at tier 5, it expclicity says tier 5 is only the HL and LL, and only a playoff between those 2 can replace team 42 in the spfl. It also expclicity says any amendment to the pyramid route into spfl has to be agreed by all parties. 

7 minutes ago, morley said:

It's impossible under the terms of the wording in the pyramid agreement for the juniors to add at tier 5, it expclicity says tier 5 is only the HL and LL, and only a playoff between those 2 can replace team 42 in the spfl. It also expclicity says any amendment to the pyramid route into spfl has to be agreed by all parties. 

Exactly my point, yeah. It would be impossible to back up.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

Would it not be something if Mr Ronney has been correct all along and he indeed can lead the juniors to the promised land.

4 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Would it not be something if Mr Ronney has been correct all along and he indeed can lead the juniors to the promised land.

Ok - if that happens, I'll crunch up a pot noodle (I don't even care what flavour anymore) into a bowl and eat it like a breakfast cereal. All these bets I'm losing I'm going to be going through a lot of pot noodles by the time this season is over.

5 hours ago, Born To Run said:

I suspect the Tier 5 line is a troll.

If that turns out to be legit...then I'll be speechless. They'd be mad to try that after the "done deal" at tier 6 chat, surely?

The suggestions mentioned above have been circulating for over a year or more.It seems to be the case if we do not hear anything concrete from last nights meeting we will speculate what the outcome will be.Truth is, am fed up reading dross.We could save a helloffa man hours If people post what they believe to be facts and not what they want to believe.