Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Their Superdooper League was designed to spite the LL, or was certainly heralded as a rival. Hmm. That worked!

Such a misjudgement of the future. Nostra Damn Us.

It was simply to spite the LL.  Problem was, most clubs had no interest in TAJ's super idea.

That should have been the lightbulb moment, but nobody flicked the switch (and clubs are just as culpable as well as poor leadership)

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Anger, resentment to angst and recrimination? Ive met you a few times and never really struck me as an angry man, was genuinely interested in how you arrived at your position. Has Pollok made any statements about things yet? 

I just feel the WR / SJFA blew it. The SJFA will likely wither because of this. It did not have to. I am angry about that.

Are you sure you have met me?! I do angry quite well, though not as well as some others!

Pollok made their initial statement and nothing since.

https://pollokfc.com/2020/02/19/club-statement-2/

I just feel the WR / SJFA blew it. The SJFA will likely wither because of this. It did not have to. I am angry about that.
Are you sure you have met me?! I do angry quite well, though not as well as some others!
And like most clubs should be doing, they will attend both meetings before saying anything further.

42 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Think I'm over experienced with angry folk so take it as a compliment you didnt measure on the scale Haha. Cheers for the link, think it will be statement saturday this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Think I'm over experienced with angry folk so take it as a compliment you didnt measure on the scale Haha. Cheers for the link, think it will be statement saturday this weekend. 

Not convinced we have met btw unless it was away from the football as I haven't been to many games in recent times due to family commitments etc!

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres about 50/60 motors at Hampden just now, so probably quite a decent turn out if thats where the meeting is. That said looked like queens park were training so unsure if they park there too.

Did you not go in and chap the door 

8 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Unlikely to get anything as quick as that from Pollok. Due to Pollok being fan owned I'd assume if they wanted to apply to the WOSL it'd need to be put to members then voted on by said members.

7 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Unlikely to get anything as quick as that from Pollok. Due to Pollok being fan owned I'd assume if they wanted to apply to the WOSL it'd need to be put to members then voted on by said members.

though the committee are elected to run the club on behalf of the members...! But yes it is probably a bit beyond prices of Freddos in the pie hut and how much washing powder to order (both genuine topics of discussion during my time on committee!)

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'm positive Pollok have arranged a meeting with their fans after both meetings of tonight and Thursday have finished so the committee can go to the fans at an arranged EGM and inform them of the information collected and then work out what the fans decide to be done for Pollok's future

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm positive Pollok have arranged a meeting with their fans after both meetings of tonight and Thursday have finished so the committee can go to the fans at an arranged EGM and inform them of the information collected and then work out what the fans decide to be done for Pollok's future

I have heard nothing but there may have been communication in some way, shape or form at the Dalry game. I think Elvis was in Scotland more recently than I have been at Newlandsfield!

Edited by cmontheloknow

though the committee are elected to run the club on behalf of the members...! But yes it is probably a bit beyond prices of Freddos in the pie hut and how much washing powder to order (both genuine topics of discussion during my time on committee!)

Did you cheap out & get the own brand from Morrisons or did you splash out on the Persil?

16 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Thats the kind of decisions that have to be made to keep the wee clubs with no money going Jamie.

Didn't think Pollok would have had to worry about that sort of thing right enough.